Things already stirring around The Barn

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
If the crowd around Williams at 9:15 is any indication, The Barn is going to have the "it" factor today. Had to drop something off at the ticket office, and there were already tons of students waiting to get in. And it wasn't just the students. Lotta' people just hangin' around. There was already a buzz around the place. Hope that energy translates once gametime hits. Would like to hear Williams at full throttle again sooner rather than later.

Now we just need the team to come out and give the crowd something to be loud for today. Go Gophers!

Half hour before tip-off, and i hear the Barn is nearly full. I wish I was there...why did I have to visit family for New Years???

I have never been to a game at the Barn other than HS tournament games. Whenever I move back home I'll be sure to go to as many as I can

The barn was around half full at 10:30...didn't get full until like 15:00 left in first half. LATE arriving crowd.

Yeah very weak crowd even while the game was close. The students were ok, but its like we felt a letdown or something. The crowd was very blase early on...

inflectionpoint, you're joking right?

Yeah very weak crowd even while the game was close. The students were ok, but its like we felt a letdown or something. The crowd was very blase early on...
I felt the overall crowd was ok given 15% shooting midway in the first half & a 19pt deficit in the second.

Despite our better depth compared to recent past teams, the Spartans were deeper. Sure glad the students got into Isiah's head :rolleyes:

No I'm not joking. I'm thrilled to see it essentially sold out, and an attempt at a Gold Out.
Let's use the Indiana game as a fairly close comparison from last year. Team is looking good, playing a B10 power and its the opener.

Last year the game was more exciting early, but the regular folk were standing up, yelling from the stands. The students (where I sat for both) were a bit rowdier last year. 11am might have had something to do with it, but the pre-game buzz was better and the chants and noise steadier.

Not a big deal, but yeah I'm not joking. A smig disappointed, but we didn't get much to cheer for.

No I'm not joking. I'm thrilled to see it essentially sold out, and an attempt at a Gold Out.
Let's use the Indiana game as a fairly close comparison from last year. Team is looking good, playing a B10 power and its the opener.

Last year the game was more exciting early, but the regular folk were standing up, yelling from the stands. The students (where I sat for both) were a bit rowdier last year. 11am might have had something to do with it, but the pre-game buzz was better and the chants and noise steadier.

Not a big deal, but yeah I'm not joking. A smig disappointed, but we didn't get much to cheer for.

Traffic was awful. You can call it late arriving, but I think I got on University about 20 to 11, and I was not into the barn by tipoff. I remember bad traffic, but not like this. I don't think anyone was willing to walk today with the weather.

Also, there was not much to cheer for the second half of the game. Team got its ass kicked every which way. Period. Blaming the crowd is about the dumbest thing around.

I wasn't blaming the crowd, calli. Just observations about why it maybe wasn't so nutty in there.

I'm sorry but I think our crowd sucks....

The student section was fine, but I'm in section 116 and every time I stand up to cheer or start to scream I feel the senior citizens glare and need to sit down. BTW, I'm in my 30's so this isn't a student vs. alumni thing. Midcourt fans are quiet.

Traffic & crowd

Wasn't able to attend yesterday's game - knee surgery. (I know - priorities..) Anyway, my son went in my place. He said traffic was horrible - they had a crane parked on University? The University ramp that he parked in also had 1 attendant working. Some of the things that go on there make you wonder if they really care about encouraging fans?

About the crowd: Was there a band there, either alumni or otherwise? That makes a big difference I think. At the High Pt game they used piped music - I thought I was having a bad dream and ended up at Target Ctr by mistake.

I thought the crowd was in fine form yesterday. It's just that the team didn't give 'em much to cheer about.

The contractors have two lanes closed on University in front of The Barn for stadium construction.

Alumni band was there.

Top Bottom