There's talk heating up in Oregon that Phil Knight is ready to throw insane $10M+ yr

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Oh how I wish we had a sugar daddy like that.

So much for negotiating..... next dude should demand 15 mil.

this is wild, but assuming Kelly wants to stay in the NFL who are the candidates for this? Would 10+ million lure Saban away from Alabama?

Let's one-up them with our own press release.

Minnesota to offer 11,000,000 big ones* to lure big-time coach.

* Not necessarily US dollars

this is wild, but assuming Kelly wants to stay in the NFL who are the candidates for this? Would 10+ million lure Saban away from Alabama?

I doubt it. There was the story that came out two years ago that Texas was prepared to offer Saban 100 million, then Saban re-upped with Alabama. Harbaugh and Meyer may be the only others worth that much money, but I don't see them leaving for Oregon.

Chris Petersen would be my guess as the most logical choice to throw a ton of money at and see if he wants to cross the border.

Let's one-up them with our own press release.

Minnesota to offer 11,000,000 big ones* to lure big-time coach.

* Not necessarily US dollars

I know a guy who saw Saban's wife shopping for houses near Interlachen....

I think Bama would find the cash to keep him there, and I don't think Saban is looking to move on at this stage in his life.

Maybe Sumlin, or Dabo? Sumlin might be a stretch because it appears A&M is doing their usual belly-flop again. James Franklin, if he keeps up this season at PSU? Sean Payton if he's sick of the NFL?

We do. T. Denny Sanford.

T. Denny has a net worth about 1/15th of Phil Knight and certainly isn't as cavalier about spending it on university athletics. Knight has donated more than $300M to Oregon.

Top Bottom