There's a reason no one bothers to watch anymore (UND series)

Sparlimb

Reaction score
At one point of the game Thursday night I said to my wife "North Dakota is faster than us, hits harder than us, more solid on defense, better at passing and far more skilled. Other than that it is pretty even."

9-3 loss at home with over half the crowd in green.

Motzko has a long way to go. But this doesn't cut it. I get FSN and BTN here in Cali, but won't be watching many games this year. How far we've fallen.

Hopefully Motzko's reputation will get us some players to compete. Really sad how far the program has fallen. Wonder if Lucia really knows what he did to the team? Not good.

That was a garbage series for us. The first period Friday was the only time we bothered to play hard.

The formation of the Big Ten Hockey League did not help Gopher Hockey. U of MN Athletic Directors let Lucia stay on way too long. He won 2 national championships but it was not his time any more. The present and past AD’s seemed to be focused on basketball and “Rowing the Boat“. They didn’t seem to know they were in the State of Hockey! Many years went by with mediocre hockey at best! Past players took put an ad in the Star and Tribune asking for a coaching change. As the AD’s waited, the job of the new coach got harder. Think about it, the present players were about 4 years old when we won the National Championships. They have not experienced the thrill of the Buffalo or St Paul NCAA wins as hopeful or prospective players. They know they play for the team that cannot beat most other instate division one teams nor can they beat Penn State and Notre Dame - the newcomers to the BIG Conference. On Thursday nite, I could feel John Mariucci turning over in his grave . So sorry John.
Thank you Coach Motzko for giving it a good old college try! You have your work cut out for you.

Got to give Motzko some time. Lucia left him a mess. In another 2 years this team will be back in the hunt for ship number 6

We are to Hockey what Bama is to football and Kentucky is to Basketball. This nonsense of the last 8 years is completely unacceptabl!

I understand the intrest in focusing first on “Revenue Sports,” but the AD should be able to multi task.

fix this, NOW!!

I have been a season ticket holder since 1981 and regular fan since 1975. It was a very sad feeling to see most seats empty for the USA National Under 18 Team last Friday. I know it didn’t count for much and there was a snowstorm but the empty arena was depressing. Even sadder was the outcome of the game. I thought perhaps after winning the MariuccI Classic we had turned the corner. Obviously not! Pride on Ice?

I have to admit we skipped the U-18 game because of the snow and then I forgot about it until Saturday morning after I dug out.

Are people really ripping an AD who fired the Lucia and hired what was considered the best coach available?

Who is ripping Coyle? Lucia left the cupboards empty with a bunch of prima donnas that never had to check anyone and that think they are waaaay better at hockey than they are.

This is a team that is just not good at hockey.

Are people really ripping an AD who fired the Lucia and hired what was considered the best coach available?
The AD waited way too long! This is the State of Hockey! This is the largest university in the state! The area was empty . The players did not always show up to play. The team was not working for years. I appreciate the hiring of Coach Motzko but the longer they waited the harder his job. Tonight was so very hopeful that Pride on ice is back!

Yep, it was ALL Lucia's fault, because every other Blue Blood program thrived over the last decade while ONLY Minnesota sucked wind.

Oh, but it was at least HALF the B1G Conference's fault, because it sucks SO bad no B1G team has EVER succeeded since it was created.

At least it wasn't in any way shape or form the fans fault because NONE of them ever whined and bitched and complained, and none of them EVER acted like prima donna fans, either. None of them ever placed ALL the blame on the coach when the NHL was filling up it's ranks with all of Lucia's best recruits.

Top Bottom