The way the NIL/Transfer Portal is administered has ruined bowl games

Just enjoy football and the opportunity to watch a bunch of games. These kids that play are there for all the reasons we want.
This is how I see it as well. Sure it is frustrating when your team is missing guys due to opt outs and transfers but it doesn't really affect the way I view other games.

The one exception might be the FSU/Georgia game. That had the potential to be a really good game but FSU was decimated by transfers and opt outs and had zero shot of being competitive.

It is weird seeing a team like Ohio State look mortal as well when you strip away their top 2 QB options and a bunch of their WRs.

It does suck for fans in general that so many of the top players aren't involved in bowl games, but when you don't really have a rooting interest in the games it doesn't really matter that much.

This is how I see it as well. Sure it is frustrating when your team is missing guys due to opt outs and transfers but it doesn't really affect the way I view other games.

The one exception might be the FSU/Georgia game. That had the potential to be a really good game but FSU was decimated by transfers and opt outs and had zero shot of being competitive.

It is weird seeing a team like Ohio State look mortal as well when you strip away their top 2 QB options and a bunch of their WRs.

It does suck for fans in general that so many of the top players aren't involved in bowl games, but when you don't really have a rooting interest in the games it doesn't really matter that much.
Agree that it shouldn't matter much but it did for OH-IO v Mizzou and UGA v FSU. I was looking forward to good games for both.

As a Georgia fan after Minnesota, once the layer 2, 3, and 4 players were on the field after the half, just got to enjoy watching freshmen take on Jr-Sr FSU players and still torch them. Not the kind of fun I signed up for last night but had to take what I could get.

Hoping this does not happen tomorrow for Mich v Bama. That would truly suck.

Top Bottom