The University of Minnesota will require all students to get vaccinated against COVID-19

So_Money

Reaction score
I'm really surprised to hear this. I am curious where So_Money lives. I just looked it up and in my county alone, there are 6 different free testing sites.
I could get a free vaccine if I want to drive miles out I suspect, there just are not many appointments to be had. The websites are at times not functional ect...

The biggest issue is you often need to fall within a specific window to have proof, it is not like just finding an open appointment is good enough, it needs to be on a specific day or two. It is a PITA.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
I could get a free vaccine if I want to drive miles out I suspect, there just are not many appointments to be had. The websites are at times not functional ect...

The biggest issue is you often need to fall within a specific window to have proof, it is not like just finding an open appointment is good enough, it needs to be on a specific day or two. It is a PITA.

What state are you in though? Just curious

Wally

Reaction score
Yet vaccinated individuals are concerned about mutation even though they have the best level of protection available and boosters coming to market.
I'm not worried about mutation. No point to worrying because Delta will infect everyone and give us herd immunity. I am happy about that.

I think we are most likely in the final big wave of Covid and then hopefully it becomes like the flu, just one of many viruses going around that we don't really worry about.

bga1

Reaction score
I'm not worried about mutation. No point to worrying because Delta will infect everyone and give us herd immunity. I am happy about that.

I think we are most likely in the final big wave of Covid and then hopefully it becomes like the flu, just one of many viruses going around that we don't really worry about.
As one of the leading UK virologists said, ultimately the vaccine strategy is useless long term as Covid will morph into more and more infectious strains that are less and less deadly. His recommendation was to concentrate on giving the vaccines we have to the most at risk for now and weathering it. The booster shot strategy is insane.

Nax5

Reaction score
They wont get it until its too late for them...then they will beg for a change when this whole time we have been telling them its happening slowly.
Can you expand on this thought. Until what is too late? What do you think is gunna happen?

alaska

Reaction score
OMG, what a Republican! So we shouldn't get tested because it's free from the county?
OMG what a liberal, I don't personally pay for it so then I should feel free to spend other peoples money as much as I want.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
OMG what a liberal, I don't personally pay for it so then I should feel free to spend other peoples money as much as I want.

You're ridiculous. There is free testing all over the country because they want people to be safe.

Someone else (my company) also pays for most of my health insurance. Should I also not accept that?

bga1

Reaction score
I don't think its insane for high risk people. If you are morbidly obese or over 65 you should probably get a booster.
Go for it. It sounds like you might fit the profile!!

Wally

Reaction score
You must reject everything given to you if you don't feel you earned it.

If you don't feel you gave 100% at work, do you offer some of your pay back? If you don't you're just a leach.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
You must reject everything given to you if you don't feel you earned it.

If you don't feel you gave 100% at work, do you offer some of your pay back? If you don't you're just a leach.
No Medicare for him ever

mnvballdad

Reaction score
Let's just all remember that bga and KGF and the rest of the faithful Trumpies spent the first six months of this pandemic insisting that it was nothing. That deaths wouldn't approach 50,000, let alone the more than 600,000 that have already succumbed. And if you frame everything they post in that lens you'll understand that they're completely full of shit, just as they always have been.

Random Gopher Fan

Reaction score
Let's just all remember that bga and KGF and the rest of the faithful Trumpies spent the first six months of this pandemic insisting that it was nothing. That deaths wouldn't approach 50,000, let alone the more than 600,000 that have already succumbed. And if you frame everything they post in that lens you'll understand that they're completely full of shit, just as they always have been.
They often blame other people for moving the goal posts but nobody has done this more than the wingers have with Covid.

Well. Except maybe these guys.

Some Day...Maybe

Reaction score
So th big question I have is when can this possible end them? From the info I am reading from all of you is accurate that we should have masks indefinitely and mandate vaccines for eternity....and even then we can still all get it and spread it. Is this correct?

Simply answer this question: when can is possibly end? If we use the ideas above.
That’s not correct. Things get a whole lot better if more people get vaccinated. If more people were vaccinated these last few months things would be a whole lot better. Medical professionals wouldn’t be quitting right and left when there’s already a shortage. Hospitals wouldn’t be overwhelmed. More students could be in school. It’s not the least bit difficult to understand that. We’ll be much closer to an end with many more people getting vaccinated. That’s your answer. You may not like it, but that’s the answer.

Top Bottom