The University of Minnesota will require all students to get vaccinated against COVID-19

So_Money

Reaction score
One thing I don't get is as an unvaccinated individual I am hoping for virus mutation, because the rule of thumb is that it will either become more contagious and less deadly or less contagious but more deadly.

Both scenarios are beneficial to people like me as they reduce risk one way or another. Yet vaccinated individuals are concerned about mutation even though they have the best level of protection available and boosters coming to market.

Not to mention the need for boosters ends once you catch the virus. I don't get why people are trying to promote increased risk to the unvaccinated.

I get some people would prefer that everyone were on the same page and we go about trying to "eradicate" the virus via a slow burn, but that is exactly what people like me don't want.

There seems to be a pattern of collective interest for vulnerable individuals, but that seems to end if ultimately their individual desires for safety are not met and there is a willingness to toss people like me in the prime's of their lives under the bus . I just don't get the logic. It is hypocritical.

I think it is fairly clear that no matter what you do it will be the the wrong answer for some and it all comes down to what a person feels is best for them and that isn't the same for everyone. I don't get the subterfuge, pro or con people's attitudes come from the same place.

The back and forth regardless of your opinion is all arbitrary to me because I don't have a choice. Most people do. They can do what they want, I can accept that if people get vaccinated it doesn't exactly help my situation, but they are taking care of themselves the way the see fit, I don't get why that acceptance can't flow both ways even if you feel people's decisions are ill-advised or flat out moronic and that their decisions are not beneficial to you individually. All of this is meanspirited and both sides are guilty of it. I wish we could just move on and not care about things we don't control.

Vent over.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
the rule of thumb is that it will either become more contagious and less deadly or less contagious but more deadly.
I don't know whose thumb you're using, but Delta certainly does not appear to be less virulent. It certainly is more contagious.

So_Money

Reaction score
I don't know whose thumb you're using, but Delta certainly does not appear to be less virulent. It certainly is more contagious.
Perhaps read instead of arguing, the rule of thumb is one of two things...I covered both. You don't need to win the internet at the expense of your dignity.

So_Money

Reaction score
Both of which are incorrect, as was my point
The Delta variant is more contagious and less deadly and is following a general expected trajectory, i.e. the rule of thumb. Nothing is incorrect.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
They are so willing to give up freedom for safety. This life is short. I want to live it free.

Wait, so YOU'RE living it free? I'm pretty sure without a vaccine, you CANNOT travel to many countries, eat at certain restaurants, attend certain events or work certain places.

If that's freedom, enjoy it!

Nax5

Reaction score
They are so willing to give up freedom for safety. This life is short. I want to live it free.

I'm going to a convention this weekend. Only requirement is proof of vaccination. Or negative test if you have exemptions. Seems pretty free to me.

So_Money

Reaction score
:rolleyes: full of shit

What's the IFR for the unvaccinated never infected that get delta?? Guaranteed higher than original.
Okay. I can't deal with this. It is less deadly, multiple studies on this. For unvaccinated people under (split the difference across studies) 60 years of age the CFR has dropped to around 0.02. So it is substantially less deadly. I am not going to respond further on this because if you can't admit what is and just want to fight you are not worth the time.

Last edited:

So_Money

Reaction score
I'm going to a convention this weekend. Only requirement is proof of vaccination. Or negative test if you have exemptions. Seems pretty free to me.
It is not very "free" if the test runs you $50...rim-shot.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
For unvaccinated people under (split the difference across studies) 60 years of age the CFR has dropped
That's including people who have natural immunity from a previous variant or original.

Fake argument, as suspected

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure all these companies and universities allow for medical exemptions. Sounds like you would qualify. So what is the concern? People with similar issues can submit for one.

But not trusting the government or a religious exemption are shite (FYI, Jesus didn't have shit to say about vaccines or modern medicine)
FYI - NYC & LA, the two largest school districts in the country, stopped the exemptions as there were small pockets of outbreaks amongst non-vaccinated kids. This was a big deal here with the mayor telling certain Hasidic schools that unless they started enforcing that all students receive accepted childhood vaccines, they would revoke their license to operate. I'm assuming that legit medical exemptions apply, but would think that would be such a small % as to be insignificant; I think the penalty for a MD falsely claiming someone doesn't need a shot based on a medical condition would be severe.

There was some initial yelping and then it faded of course; doggies can't bark foeva!

So_Money

Reaction score
That's including people who have natural immunity from a previous variant or original.

Fake argument, as suspected
No it isn't.

People previously infected are not included, people previously infected are not getting the Delta variant. Therefore not included in CFR.

You are a liar who hopes to win arguments by dishonest means. Good luck.

So_Money

Reaction score
Buuuuut, wait for it....you DO NOT need to pay for a test with a vaccine card! So who's worrying about the $50?! RIM-SHOT!
I can't take the vaccines. So, me...I guess. I have probably spent about $240 on tests thus far...that is with insurance.

Last edited:

WriterGoph

Reaction score
I can't take the vaccines. So, me...I guess. I have probably spent about $240 on tests thus far...that is with insurance.

You must live in a strange county? PCR tests have been free around us in Colorado for many months through the counties.

I definitely paid at least $240 for the rapid tests I was doing back in 2020 though.

Are you sure you can't find free testing around you??

So_Money

Reaction score
You must live in a strange county? PCR tests have been free around us in Colorado for many months through the counties.

I definitely paid at least $240 for the rapid tests I was doing back in 2020 though.

Are you sure you can't find free testing around you??
Good luck finding a place with an appointment. It runs me $40, $20 for the test, $20 for the office visit at my provider.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
I think thats another discussion about US healthcare...

That does suck, though.

I'm really surprised to hear this. I am curious where So_Money lives. I just looked it up and in my county alone, there are 6 different free testing sites.

alaska

Reaction score

They wont get it until its too late for them...then they will beg for a change when this whole time we have been telling them its happening slowly.

alaska

Reaction score
I'm really surprised to hear this. I am curious where So_Money lives. I just looked it up and in my county alone, there are 6 different free testing sites.
Someones paying for it....nothing is free.. cmon

Top Bottom