The Times Leader: 2011 Preview — Minnesota

I think it is a pretty fair take, albeit from afar.

Yea, somewhat fair article, but writers who sit behind a desk, especially younger ones who take cheap shots more than actual analysis does not really impress me.

btw - I don't agree that Iowa had checked out of the game last year which is why MN won. Both Ill. & Iowa had bowl implications for both teams if I remember correctly and MN defense has been pretty depressing for a number of years including under Mason.

Guy is a dink. Sports writing is dead! Nobody provides in depth analysis or comprehensive coverage...its all cheap shots, opinion and conjecture. But, what can you expect when they hire 25 year olds with no training to these jobs. This guy is step down from Myron...and that is saying something.

Yea, somewhat fair article, but writers who sit behind a desk, especially younger ones who take cheap shots more than actual analysis does not really impress me.

btw - I don't agree that Iowa had checked out of the game last year which is why MN won. Both Ill. & Iowa had bowl implications for both teams if I remember correctly and MN defense has been pretty depressing for a number of years including under Mason.

Yeah that comment from him doesn't even make sense. Iowa had a lot more to play for than Minnesota.

Not to be overly picky but didn't Weber start for 4 years?

Yeah that comment from him doesn't even make sense. Iowa had a lot more to play for than Minnesota.

I think Iowa had a bowl wrapped up and it wasn't going to be the rose bowl, so comment may be fair.

I think Iowa had a bowl wrapped up and it wasn't going to be the rose bowl, so comment may be fair.

Every win and loss has the potential to influence the quality of bowl bid...Iowa already had a bowl bid, but losing to MN may have affected the specific bowl.

If team is unmotivated for a game, particularly against a rival, that would be an indicator that something is seriously wrong, a coach losing control. But I don't believe that actually is the case, the reality is classic sour grapes, claiming they didn't really care anyway.

If the author said they did not take the Gophers seriously and did not adequately prepare, I could understand that, but not the not concerned about the game...

Top Bottom