The third season Kill magic

Great Plains Gopher

Reaction score
When we were down 0-10, I thought it might be a blowout but I was totally wrong. This team, whatever happens from now on (and the Gophers certainly have a shot at some of these teams) has fulfilled the Kill third year magic; kudoss to him, the assistants and the players. The system is setting in, the players are learning it. This win on ESPN should be very good for the program (and for Hageman).

Nice win by the Gophers, but I doubt that we will match Glen Mason's third year Big 10 record of 5-3.

I think lost in all of this is that we completely dominated Nebraska. We were pushing over their Defense like they were San Jose State. Watching the Gophers all season we hadn't looked like much of a football team on Offense but today they were playing with a *LOT* of intensity...

We looked like a good Big Ten team today & if this a sign of things to come Offensively then I could see us being Top Tier level under Kill... at least on par with Wisconson & MSU.

I mean it's crazy but watching the game felt like when I watch other teams in big games that at least compete with more talented or bigger teams & always think "Why not us?" Today it was us...

I think lost in all of this is that we completely dominated Nebraska. We were pushing over their Defense like they were San Jose State. Watching the Gophers all season we hadn't looked like much of a football team on Offense but today they were playing with a *LOT* of intensity...

We looked like a good Big Ten team today & if this a sign of things to come Offensively then I could see us being Top Tier level under Kill... at least on par with Wisconson & MSU.

I mean it's crazy but watching the game felt like when I watch other teams in big games that at least compete with more talented or bigger teams & always think "Why not us?" Today it was us...

Out gained them on the ground and in the air. Over 100 more yards offensively. Had a ten minute time of possession advantage. Made some very big plays. You are right.

After we failed to convert and punted with about 6 minutes left up by 4 I was nervous.

I think watching the following defensive stand and the three and out followed by the shanked punt was the happiest I have been as a gopher fan in a long time.

Nice win by the Gophers, but I doubt that we will match Glen Mason's third year Big 10 record of 5-3.

wren - When did you get a new moniker? But anyway, who cares? Glen is gone and Kill is here now.

Out gained them on the ground and in the air. Over 100 more yards offensively. Had a ten minute time of possession advantage. Made some very big plays. You are right.

After we failed to convert and punted with about 6 minutes left up by 4 I was nervous.

I think watching the following defensive stand and the three and out followed by the shanked punt was the happiest I have been as a gopher fan in a long time.

Exactly... we dominated...

This win felt way better then Michigan 2005 cuz u could argue we caught Michigan sleeping that last drive thinking we'd play for Overtime whereas today we smacked Nebraska all over the field & outscored them 34-13 after spotting them 10 points...

Exactly... we dominated...

This win felt way better then Michigan 2005 cuz u could argue we caught Michigan sleeping that last drive thinking we'd play for Overtime whereas today we smacked Nebraska all over the field & outscored them 34-13 after spotting them 10 points...

Not saying you're wrong, but which 10 points are you saying we spotted them? Don't they all count? I guess I just didn't see it as us dominating - but making plays when we needed to. I have to admit after they closed the gap to 4 I thought we were dunso.

Anybody else nearly pull their hair out on that throw to Engel on 4th and 10? That was ballsy to the wallsy.

If we had Illinois and Purdue on our schedule this year, we'd likely be an 8-4 team or better.

Not saying you're wrong, but which 10 points are you saying we spotted them? Don't they all count? I guess I just didn't see it as us dominating - but making plays when we needed to. I have to admit after they closed the gap to 4 I thought we were dunso.

Anybody else nearly pull their hair out on that throw to Engel on 4th and 10? That was ballsy to the wallsy.

Meaning TM did his usual "throw the ball as high as possible & pray the WR makes a play" as him & Gardner have done their whole career. NE's Defense couldn't stop us at all & their Offense had problems moving the ball...

Out gained them in every facet of the game... watching the game their D looked lost & their O was very frustrated that they couldn't pass on us effectively...

Yeah... we dominated & the score could've been much worse...

wren - When did you get a new moniker? But anyway, who cares? Glen is gone and Kill is here now.

He's an NDSU troll who tries to get everyone riled up. Already been banned once. Well on his way to getting banned again. Pretty much has no life.

We just physically beat them down at the line of scrimmage, especially on offense. I never like for people to get hurt, but several of their D-lineman going down showed how dominant the OL was.

I only pulled out my hair because the pass looked 4 yards over his head. How the heck he jumped up and caught that is not something I thought possible. A fantastic catch...

All the points count, I think when people are saying "we spotted them" they mean that they allowed them to score 10 very easily before we started playing well, putting us in a position where we had to play from behind early.

I also think that dominating is maybe a strong word for that game, but we definitely outplayed them. That's what I really liked about the game. We didn't have the feeling that we were going to need a fortunate bounce or have Hageman throw a TD pass on a crazy trick play, we just beat 'em the old fashioned way, running the ball well and getting some key stops. Great win for the Gophers.

THAT was a pretty low-rent lie that you just told killjoy. WHAT the hell was your point? Do you always lie about things killjoy? You have just officially been called out on your mean-spirited attempts to lie. Now you are dismissed. I will let you know if I EVER need to lecture you again for your lack of truthfulness and your desire to misrepresent the truth...the WHOLE truth and NOTHING but the truth . Go and lie no more killjoy or I will need to have the authorities examine your dastardly deeds. AND: for every lie you try to tell killjoy, you will have to tell countless more lies to try to cover your pathetic butt. ; 0 )

Top Bottom