The REAL reason the Gophers lost to Illinois that no one is talking about…

I appreciate everyone claiming responsibility for the loss, but I have to confess it was I that jinxed the game.

You see, I didn’t crack my first beer until just before our only scoring drive. Then realizing my mistake, I drank like a fish through the end of the game. But alas, it was too little and too late.

I'll be the one to say it but Illinois isn't a bad team. They've had a few close game loses that makes them look worse than they are but they aren't in the same stratosphere as BG.

Offense crapped the bed largely due to the team continuing to run the 6 lineman package when the 6th lineman was having a terrible game. Continuing to run that package limited routes for receivers. The Gophers were able to move the ball when they got away from that but couldn't capitalize in the opponents half of the field.

I think a lot of us knew that Illinois is improving and that the Gophers have never beaten Bielema but didn't want to accept the awful possibility of an upset and its many impactful implications. I guess "denial" would be the operative word. I think it's still in play among those who see the Gophers beating either Iowa or Wisconsin. Fleck won't pull the trigger on a guy who is incapable of adjustment, even with ample evidence.

I'm blaming the hideous white pants with maroon top.

Worst uniform combo I've seen this year. If we wear anthracite today we win.
Is a knit pullover v-neck with necktie still a fashion statement?🤔

I’ve brought the whole family to two games. BG and today. Told the kids it was their last game.
Hockey, NFL, doesn't matter.... I tell almost everyone that I bring to the game for the first time that if they lose, they're never going to come again. I'm only half joking...

Sometimes, you have to start using deductive reasoning and process of elimination to find out who The Mush is, but it has to be done.

download.jpg

We can't blame GH armchair QBs. We didn't crash the drone offense.

I thought that all the remaining four games are going to be tough. Guess what, the Gophers have yet to face the No.1 and No. 2 Defense in the B1G West.
I have to think that drone was university approved? Last time it happened they actually stopped the game until it flew away.

If only we would have worn FULL BANANA, at least we wouldn’t have looked as bad.
(Morgan may have seen his receivers better too!)

Top Bottom