The Preferred Start Time Poll

When is the start time you prefer for Gopher football games?

• 11 AM. I'm not staggering from drinking, I just got out of bed...

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • It was 1 or 1:30 PM forever and ever, we should get back to this

Votes: 35 36.8%
  • 2:30 PM. Come on, it's the new 1 PM.

Votes: 17 17.9%
  • 6 or 7 PM. Under the lights, baby!

Votes: 31 32.6%
  • No opinion

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GopherRock

GopherHole Straw Boss
Reaction score
Per the other thread, I'd like to find out just when folks here on the Hole have for their idea start time.

The Gopher Hole may not be an accurate sample of the Gopher fanbase as a whole, but it's more to settle my own curiosity.

I like the night games, but 2 a year is about right, IMO. In a perfect world, the rest would start no earlier than 1:00.

Tailgating starts at 7am, so the difference between 11am and 1pm is the amount of tailgating time for me. I can see how it would get more students out that partied to hard the night before. You don't want to do the 7pm start because then some students will leave early to get ready to party, but it is so much better for tailgating. 2:30 sounds about right to me, but 1pm is okay too.

A Mix would be fine

In my ideal world:

• Evening games wouldn't be scheduled after mid-October. (avoid the sun & heat in Sept & mid-Oct; avoid the colder night temps after mid-Oct)
  • schedule only 1 or 2 (at most) 11AM games
  • let the balance of games be between 1:00PM to 2:00

Darned if I could find the right answer on the poll for my preferences though! ... :cool02:

The OP might consider a follow-up poll.

Should the Gophers opt out of the Big 10, and join either the MIAC or the Northern Sun Conference for football?

If a 1pm start is desired every fall Saturday, then drop down to DII or DIII, or else join a conference with SDSU, NDSU, UND, USD, etc.

The price of playing in the Big 10, and being the recipient of all that television cash, is playing when told to play in football and men's hoops.

The entire athletic dep't. relies on those checks from the Big 10 office.;)

I like 11:00am because I am excited for the games and like to get up and not wait the entire day for football, plus after the game you still have time and your entire day is not wasted

I like 11:00am because I am excited for the games and like to get up and not wait the entire day for football, plus after the game you still have time and your entire day is not wasted

+1

11AM games??? I'm gone from the house by 9:30AM, back home by 6pm. I'd pretty much say my entire day was "wasted". I'd rather have the games at 6 or 7. Then you have the whole day to do things and THEN go to the game. Might just be because I have a family (small kids) though.

Top Bottom