The new Corona virus, should we worry?

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
What’s your confidence level in the statistics on vaxxed vs unvaxxed? I’m very skeptical that they have this info this fast. Is this self reported by individuals in the hospital or do they have this info in a database somewhere? I thought we all had our manual ID cards. I get texts from the state trying to get me to get the vax I already have. Every time I see it quoted it’s given as an estimate. It’s a fair question.

does natural immunity protect against delta? Does the vaccine? If they do, it means that delta is spreading like wildfire in the remaining population. Which means cases should spike very quickly and then drop off just as fast. Even if just the vaccine works that should happen. The length of this wave should be much shorter than the first. So I guess we’ll see.

You’re questioning the validity of inpatient vaccination statistics posted by individual hospitals or states, but you’ll eat up any shit thrown at the wall by the FLCCC or random quacks? C’mon.

Seems so, and it is causing a lot of collateral damage. People are PISSED OFF, including me. Sorry (not).

Still waiting on all this data the vaccines and prior infection doesn’t work. Come at me guys. Let’s go, You must have something?

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Instead of mandates, a more libertarian approach would be to impose blanket legal immunity and suspension of EMTALA to hospitals and clinicians to deny care to unvaccinated individuals when qualified staffing is unavailable. Referral to FLCCC MATH+ protocol, two doses of ivermectin in lieu of admission acceptable.

Everyone wins, choice is preserved and respected. Innocents can still access timely surgeries and other hospital services.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Covid is usually only serious in the really old. What happened this year is we locked people down over the previous 12 months, weakening their immune systems. Now we have a huge and rare late summer outbreak. Stupid policies lead to bad results.

Each year in the United States, RSV leads to on average approximately 58,000 hospitalizations1 with 100-500 deaths among children younger than 5 years old2 and 177,000 hospitalizations with 14,000 deaths among adults aged 65 years or older.

CDC noted increases in laboratory detections and in the percentages of positive detections for both antigen and PCR testing in parts of HHS Region 4 (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee) and Region 6 (Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas)

You’re really going to go with this “it’s RSV and not COVID” angle? Baaahh.

bga1

Reaction score
This is more of a real concern for some, particularly adolescent boys and young men.

There is no way young and healthy people should take the vaccine. It's a bad risk versus the return.
Until they stop doing things like mandating, not counting prior infection and pushing masking, lockdowns and the vax on young healthy people- they will not be trusted by people who think for themselves.

bga1

Reaction score
You’re really going to go with this “it’s RSV and not COVID” angle? Baaahh.
100% RSV is being used to push the Covid scare. What PCR level are they testing for Covid at? Anyone testing at above 25 PCR is getting a high percentage of false positives. Beautiful. People go in the hospital for RSV or get really sick from it, they get Covid tested, half are false positive and you claim the RSV cases are also Covid positive....therefore a Covid case. You are a smart guy- you get this.

It's a huge part of the money making scam. Covid is real and it's bad. Lies are being told to control people and make it even bigger and worse and there is a ton of money being made off of it. The money is going to big Pharma directly but there are a lot of political backs being scratched here.

Section2

Reaction score
You’re questioning the validity of inpatient vaccination statistics posted by individual hospitals or states, but you’ll eat up any shit thrown at the wall by the FLCCC or random quacks? C’mon.

Seems so, and it is causing a lot of collateral damage. People are PISSED OFF, including me. Sorry (not).

Still waiting on all this data the vaccines and prior infection doesn’t work. Come at me guys. Let’s go, You must have something?
Who is the FLCCC? I question the validity of everything. You don’t think it’s fair to ask how the inpatient vaccination stats are calculated?

what collateral damage? Hospitals are overwhelmed for a short period of time. The virus burns out quickly. If the vaccines work as advertised for both variants, we’ll be in great shape after this wave.

look, you are probably way better informed than me on the vaccines. But public health over the last year and before have absolutely destroyed their trust. Completely self inflicted. For most people, they don’t have the ability to know who to believe. Media lost all credibility. Public health etc.
and there are FAR ranging implications for the ability by the federal government to mandate to private companies and individuals. And also to deny care. All roads lead to greater government control and less individual liberty. I say no even if you and public health are 100% correct.

Section2

Reaction score
Instead of mandates, a more libertarian approach would be to impose blanket legal immunity and suspension of EMTALA to hospitals and clinicians to deny care to unvaccinated individuals when qualified staffing is unavailable. Referral to FLCCC MATH+ protocol, two doses of ivermectin in lieu of admission acceptable.

Everyone wins, choice is preserved and respected. Innocents can still access timely surgeries and other hospital services.
Fine with me. Opens the door to denial of care for other self inflicted diseases that eat up resources. Greater hospital freedom in general. I’m on board.

Wally

Reaction score
There is no way young and healthy people should take the vaccine. It's a bad risk versus the return.
Until they stop doing things like mandating, not counting prior infection and pushing masking, lockdowns and the vax on young healthy people- they will not be trusted by people who think for themselves.
Do what I want or I will go against everything you say...
🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

golfing18now

Reaction score
I don’t understand the end game in arguing that the vaccines don’t help. Putting aside that ignores all data out there, I don’t see how one would even benefit if that was true?
I’m with you on this. Undoubtedly people have made money on these vaccines. It also wouldn’t surprise anybody if some of that money found its way to some people it shouldn’t. Deals I’m sure were made, likely back to the Trump administration. Mandates like the one proposed yesterday are government overreach. But those are all separate conversations.

Arguing against the vaccines is stupid. The vast majority of doctors and other experts, not all on the take, are behind them. Every data point I’ve seen supports the contention the carnage has been less for the vaccinated vs the unvaccinated. If nothing else, it has given people like my parents the confidence to resume life after they were vaccinated.

I’m in my upper 40s and reasonably healthy (could lose 40 lbs 👍). I was unvaccinated and had COVID in August and it was a miserable two weeks. I now feel like a jackass for putting my own body through it and for any downstream impacts I may have had on others. For what? All the vaccinated people I was with on my trip never got sick. Coincidence? Perhaps. But now...having natural antibodies feels like a hollow victory to me.

bga1

Reaction score
I’m with you on this. Undoubtedly people have made money on these vaccines. It also wouldn’t surprise anybody if some of that money found its way to some people it shouldn’t. Deals I’m sure were made, likely back to the Trump administration. Mandates like the one proposed yesterday are government overreach. But those are all separate conversations.

Arguing against the vaccines is stupid. The vast majority of doctors and other experts, not all on the take, are behind them. Every data point I’ve seen supports the contention the carnage has been less for the vaccinated vs the unvaccinated. If nothing else, it has given people like my parents the confidence to resume life after they were vaccinated.

I’m in my upper 40s and reasonably healthy (could lose 40 lbs 👍). I was unvaccinated and had COVID in August and it was a miserable two weeks. I now feel like a jackass for putting my own body through it and for any downstream impacts I may have had on others. For what? All the vaccinated people I was with on my trip never got sick. Coincidence? Perhaps. But now...having natural antibodies feels like a hollow victory to me.
Take heart, you have an enduring victory. The natural immunity is far better than the gene therapy which is having a very difficult time with the variants. The vaccine works to a degree. Very few argue that. Force it on people and lie to them about it in a lot of ways and they will rightly push back.

I would say to any person- make your own risk choice. If you are old and unhealthy- by all means go quickly to get it. If you are young and healthy- it's a bad choice. If you had Covid before- you own something better than the vaccine and it offers you nothing except risk of adverse reaction (which there have been millions of).

GopherJake

Reaction score

Great post. Huge bonus points for owning your mistake. Glad you recovered to try for more holes-in-one.

Spoofin

Reaction score
The natural immunity is far better than the gene therapy which is having a very difficult time with the variants.
Can you provide any link that shows natural immunity is "far better" or that those with natural immunity are faring any better against Delta than those with the vaccine?

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
Can you provide any link that shows natural immunity is "far better" or that those with natural immunity are faring any better against Delta than those with the vaccine?

Here's one writeup and link to a paper that suggests so.

If politicians and the media were ever serious about getting this under control, they'd start having an honest conversation and unite the country with accurate information.

For starters, this isn't a vaccine in what a vaccine used to be defined by. It does not stop you from getting it or spreading it. It's a therapeutic that significantly lowers your threat of having a severe outcome, hospitalization, or death.

If you have already had COVID and did not have an issue with it, your body's immune system has already recognized how to defeat it, and will fare well against future strains. This is simple immunology.

If you have not had the disease and are at risk, it's strongly encouraged that you get the therapeutic. Obesity = high risk.

A consistent, healthy diet, exercise, sleep, and limiting alcohol/smoking will significantly lower your risk.

Children do not need the therapeutic

COVID will circulate for good now, and there will always be new variants.

These are all backed by 1.5 years of data now. These are the discussions we should be having everyday. Instead politicians are more interested in a lazy, one size fits all approach by mandating whatever they feel is correct.

Last edited:

howeda7

Reaction score
Here's one writeup and link to a paper that suggests so.

If politicians and the media were ever serious about getting this under control, they'd start having an honest conversation and unite the country with accurate information.

For starters, this isn't a vaccine in what a vaccine used to be defined by. It does not stop you from getting it or spreading it. It's a therapeutic
This simply isn't true. It does stop a substantial % of people from getting in the first place. The fact that it's not 100% effective in prevention doesn't mean it's a "therapeutic" any more than the flu vaccine is.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score

Heard a segment on NPR (yeah, I know). the gist was that someone did a study showing that people who had covid and also got vaccinated had more antibodies in their system than if they just had covid or just got vaccinated. suggesting some synergistic effect, I think. only heard part of it while I was making breakfast.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
MN Dept of Health Update on Fri, Sept 10:

1,434 confirmed cases + 616 from antigen testing = 2,050 cases
27,920 PCR tests + 12,552 antigen tests = 40,472 tests processed
positive test rate 5.1% for PCR -- 4.9% for antigen -- 5.0% overall positive test rate

18 deaths reported. 13 were from September. Others from prior months going back to March!
(how does that work -- hey, we found a dead guy here....)
Total deaths now at 7,892.

Hospitalized:
ICU 185 (+7). Non-ICU 510 (+25). Total hospitalized 695 (+32).

bga1

Reaction score
WITH THE VACCINE - 300 million jabs in and we have a new record- far more than a year ago with NO VAX! Congrats to the vaccine makers and the mandate fans!! Load your wallets baby- those boosters, oh those boosters are going to work fine! Just one more shot....and then a few more....

bga1

Reaction score
Full on propaganda:

1.*** the majority of vaccinated have underlying health problems- LOL. The majority of everyone hospitalized since the beginning of Covid, vaccinated or not, have had underlying health problems!

2. How many of the unvaccinated were prior infected? My guess- zero.

You are always dishonest.

Section2

Reaction score

Very good post and sorry you had to go thru that. It just seems like the truth is not being told. Because the goal is to get everyone to do what the experts tell us. So whatever needs to be said to accomplish that objective is ok. But it’s NOT ok. Truth is important. If the vaccines are 60% effective vs 99. We need to know that. If the immunity lasts 6 months, we need to know that. If it is 40% effective vs delta, we need to know that. It seems to me that we are shielded from the evidence because the expert desired outcome is all that matters.
i do agree that some people think the vax is a total lie and doesn’t work at all. I’m not saying that.

Wally

Reaction score
In light of yesterday that seems a bit ironic doesn't it?
What happened yesterday?

The vaccine requirement?
I am against it.

If you want to start armed resistance against everyone telling us what to do when the what doesn't harm anyone else I will join you, until then I will just 🙄🙄🙄

It will be hilarious to hear what my antivaxxer coworker says, I can't wait to see him.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
This simply isn't true. It does stop a substantial % of people from getting in the first place. The fact that it's not 100% effective in prevention doesn't mean it's a "therapeutic" any more than the flu vaccine is.

Nearly 30% of cases in Minnesota in August were fully vaccinated individuals. That number continues to increase. Hospitalization and deaths of the fully vaccinated remain only a small percentage.

It's far more of a therapeutic than a vaccine.

Wally

Reaction score

Nice to hear real stories. Thanks

Hope you don't have any lingering effects.

Top Bottom