The new Corona virus, should we worry?

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Berenson has been stupidly banned from Twitter a week. Meanwhile this guy just keeps plugging along slinging panic-inducing BS day after day. Side note: check out that graph. Check out the COV2 “boxes”. Copped from the NYT. 🙄. This is from the CDC, folks.

Wally

Reaction score
I think its good vaccinated transmit it, that means the unvaccinated get it that much faster.
Herd immunity and survival of the fittest.
Win win...

OldBob53

Reaction score
Im not a virologist but Im pretty sure viruses don't have brains. They don't know that they're not supposed to mutate to be both more transmissible and more deadly. Its all random, right?

And now they can merrily mutate away by the trillions ^ trillions without killing their hosts (the vaccinated) . You can figure out the rest that could happen from there....

FormerFatOL

Reaction score

Thanks for sharing. Interesting article. I think the ammo shortage is coming to an end as stores and e-commerce outlets are starting to have stock to sell and prices are about 60% of the high point (yet about +40% to +50% higher from 2 years ago) from what I've seen.

Last edited:

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score

Its not at all clear why the children are presenting to the hospital, incidentally testing + for Covid-19. The odd language used in the CNN article makes it sound like the children probably presented for other problems.

OldBob53

Reaction score
It can't be that bad because CNN is still devoting more time to the Simone Biles Olympic dropout story at day 3 or 4. Anyway, Pam Brown will give us the true gritty on any Covid problems this evening..... wait, is she on vacation?

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
It can't be that bad because CNN is still devoting more time to the Simone Biles Olympic dropout story at day 3 or 4. Anyway, Pam Brown will give us the true gritty on any Covid problems this evening..... wait, is she on vacation?

When Tiger Woods ran off the road, probably hopped up on various pharma products, ABC Nightly News literally devoted their entire newscast to it. One would have thought it was a JFK in Dallas level event.

Similarly, were all that many people outside of these newsrooms and the Biles family interested or invested in whether Biles competed in Tokyo? The level of coverage seems bizarre. There’s a whole world out there…just saying.

OldBob53

Reaction score
Lawrence Welk champagne bubbles, so much bad news folks, lets have a tune

GopherJake

Reaction score
When Tiger Woods ran off the road, probably hopped up on various pharma products, ABC Nightly News literally devoted their entire newscast to it. One would have thought it was a JFK in Dallas level event.

Similarly, were all that many people outside of these newsrooms and the Biles family interested or invested in whether Biles competed in Tokyo? The level of coverage seems bizarre. There’s a whole world out there…just saying.
You are talking about it right now (in your post). Why aren't you talking about the non-eventful city council meeting in your home town? Why? Because it's amazingly boring. TV gets money from advertising. They put things on that attract viewers. It's not really that complicated. And it's not a conspiracy.

FormerFatOL

Reaction score
WHO. Interesting edits.

View attachment 13534

I've been trying to understand this growing disconnect from the old well-known science of herd immunity. To me, the only logical conclusions for authorities to ignore past infection is that 1) the PCR tests are bullshit and are simply not a good solid indicator of past infection (the most likely reason), or 2) some other nefarious reason for pushing vaccines (profit? political talking points? ??). All this continuous gaslighting is tiresome.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
I've been trying to understand this growing disconnect from the old well-known science of herd immunity. To me, the only logical conclusions for authorities to ignore past infection is that 1) the PCR tests are bullshit and are simply not a good solid indicator of past infection (the most likely reason), or 2) some other nefarious reason for pushing vaccines (profit? political talking points? ??). All this continuous gaslighting is tiresome.
those two dont have to be mutually exclusive

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
You are talking about it right now (in your post). Why aren't you talking about the non-eventful city council meeting in your home town? Why? Because it's amazingly boring. TV gets money from advertising. They put things on that attract viewers. It's not really that complicated. And it's not a conspiracy.
I agree “real news” won’t necessarily bring eyeballs. I disagree with the notion sentiment and narrative isn’t created in newsrooms.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
There are lab studies showing reduced antibody titer levels versus eg the Delta variant. The significance of that in reduction of severe disease isn’t known. It’s completely plausible prior infected will have robust memory B and T cell immunity ie they may get infected or sick but probably won’t die. Same as the vaccinated…When pressed experts will admit they don’t know for sure, precautionary principal etc

FormerFatOL

Reaction score
There are lab studies showing reduced antibody titer levels versus eg the Delta variant. The significance of that in reduction of severe disease isn’t known. It’s completely plausible prior infected will have robust memory B and T cell immunity ie they may get infected or sick but probably won’t die. Same as the vaccinated…When pressed experts will admit they don’t know for sure, precautionary principal etc

If that's true (that they don't really know) I wish they'd come out and say it instead of covering it up and trying to massage the message. Covering it up with no explanation for the inconsistent recommendations just adds mistrust and makes everything worse. We're not all as dumb as they think.

GopherJake

Reaction score
I agree “real news” won’t necessarily bring eyeballs. I disagree with the notion sentiment and narrative isn’t created in newsrooms.
Absolutely. You have actual real life journalists sitting in those meetings constantly advocating for "real" news. Then you have the "analytics" team using algorithms developed to maximize advertising dollars.

The issue I think most here have is that the news that is delivered is almost exactly what we ask for. "We" being enough people to generate enough advertising dollars to pay the employees and drive the stock price up.

Wally

Reaction score
Ive got a normal number of bullets like fits in a shoe box, buying no more. Ive been stocking up on cat food, priority one.
If you run out of food do you eat the cat first or the cat food?

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
If that's true (that they don't really know) I wish they'd come out and say it instead of covering it up and trying to massage the message. Covering it up with no explanation for the inconsistent recommendations just adds mistrust and makes everything worse. We're not all as dumb as they think.

Well…😂

Top Bottom