The new Corona virus, should we worry?

Spoofin

Reaction score
But taking DeSantis's (who is a Trump lackey & who wants to downplay the virus) word for it is entirely reasonable.
I didn't say that. I pointed out you were doing the exact same thing you were criticizing another poster for doing solely because what she said fits your narrative. For that goal you are willing to blindly trust someone you don't know at all and who had all the motive in the world to lie. That seems like a pretty big stretch to make - even for a hypocritical stance.

Spoofin

Reaction score
For not manipulating data is what she alleges she was fired for. By all means take Rebekah the “scientist’s” word for it. We knew you would.
"Insubordinate Scientist" --- not just a Scientist.
We are lucky that someone of her caliber would even take the time to share her inside info on Twitter.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
And, according to Dr O, the size of the virus makes masks ineffective.
Where has he said that? He just said this which means he really doesn't know. His point is there should be more studies and info available. And I think that's fair.

“My whole challenge has not been about whether you wear a mask or not,” Osterholm said in an interview on Monday. “I’ll throw the kitchen sink at this if it will help. The challenge is, ‘How well do they work?’ so that the public knows what level of protection they’re getting.”

BarnBurner

Banned
Reaction score
Where has he said that? He just said this which means he really doesn't know. His point is there should be more studies and info available. And I think that's fair.

An interview that I saw on tv. Channel 2, I believe.

It appears you fully believe masks are effective. Good for you. Based on everything I have read and seen over the past few months, masks are ineffective, when taking all things into account.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Minnesota Covid-19 Update - Thursday, June 25th

data reported by 4pm the previous day.

Positive Cases 34,123 +365.

Cases No Longer Needing Isolation 29,854 +147.

Active Cases 2,863 +204.

Deaths 1,406 +9.

Deaths at Long-Term Care and Assisted Living 1,107 +5.

Patients currently Hospitalized 336 -4.

Patients currently In ICU 162 +2.

Total Tests processed 542,696 +13,072.

One of the data columns should be how many inpatients caught the virus from hospital personnel and end up in ICU.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
An interview that I saw on tv. Channel 2, I believe.

It appears you fully believe masks are effective. Good for you. Based on everything I have read and seen over the past few months, masks are ineffective, when taking all things into account.

Good masks worn properly prevent transmission both ways. Face Underoos are probably not that effective particularly with our population characteristics.

BarnBurner

Banned
Reaction score
We are the only developed nation that can't figure this out. Then you read this message board any you know why. Everyone in the world is wearing masks and doing better than us, but half of y'all are like... but do they really work? smdh
Huh. Lots of masks in t he far east and seems they are and have had a whole bunch of trouble.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
I didn't say that. I pointed out you were doing the exact same thing you were criticizing another poster for doing solely because what she said fits your narrative. For that goal you are willing to blindly trust someone you don't know at all and who had all the motive in the world to lie. That seems like a pretty big stretch to make - even for a hypocritical stance.

Ive never heard a fired employee make up stuff on their way out the door. Never happens.

dpodoll68

Elite Poster
Reaction score

How to post a tweet, for the computer-literate non-morons.

And now that I've posted a tweet made by Alex Berenson, I need to go throw up and shower in Lysol.

stocker08

Reaction score

And for you to disregard it fits perfectly with your right wing stances. No reason for DeSantis to lie, right? Definitely side with the employee over the Trump loving governor who has massive amounts of motive to smudge the numbers.

Hear no evil, see no evil. That's you Trumpees.

stocker08

Reaction score
There's plenty of data from trusted sources that supports DeSantis's claims, and none that support Rebekah's.

No there isn't.

It HAS however been reported that there have been discrepancies between Florida's state website shows and what the medical examiners are reporting as far as deaths go. Not to mention that Florida has previously blocked medical examiners from releasing their numbers in the recent past.

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
And, according to Dr O, the size of the virus makes masks ineffective.
I read a fairly exhaustive paper (for which I lost the reference) that said that although regulation N95 masks are actually intended (and specced-out) to stop bacteria and other things that are maybe 2-3X larger than the coronavirus, in practice when they do a performance test against something the size of the virus, the N95 masks (at least the good ones) stop coronavirus at a rate only minutely worse than they stop the particles of design-spec size.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
And what if you're half-whit and half-blck? Flip a coin?
No, it's just the whit's that are in trouble. Trump called her a half-whit, and then obviously some MEGA hat-wearing low-life white-supremacist came along and tagged a wall with "kill all whits". It's Trump's fault. What other explanation could there possibly be? Next something crazy will happen, like white-supremacists tying a loop in garage door pull, or they'll start pulling down statues of people that fought against racism, or they'll start taking over city blocks maybe, in Seattle, or burning churches and tearing down statues of Jesus. Somewhere and somehow we need to put a stop to all these white-supremacists people doing all this damage. Glad the MSM and trusted sources such as Twitter are on top of all of this to tell us the truth as to what's happening.

Top Bottom