The new Corona virus, should we worry?

TRF Guy

Reaction score
Yea their policy is obviously to "own the antivaxxers"
🙄🙄🙄
You can't make it up.

Considering the risks of Covid to a cancer patient any parent of said patient who won't get vaccinated is a SHIT parent.

Righties go braindead over politics...
If you are under the age of 10, you have LESS THAN a 1 in 3 million chance of dying from Covid!! 17 and under, less than 1 in 1 million. Four year old dying from Leukemia is kicked out of Ronald McDonald house in Canada!

Wally

Reaction score
If you are under the age of 10, you have LESS THAN a 1 in 3 million chance of dying from Covid!! 17 and under, less than 1 in 1 million. Four year old dying from Leukemia is kicked out of Ronald McDonald house in Canada!

If you are getting treated for Cancer the risk is much much much higher. Also I don't believe they only treat patients under 10 years old.

Ron McDonald house has the "freedom" to set the terms of accepting their help.
Freedom works both ways fools...

Wally

Reaction score
Four year old dying from Leukemia is kicked out of Ronald McDonald house in Canada!

Policy doesn't apply to 4 year olds.
Duh.....
Guess the parents would rather their kid die than get vaccinated, sad....

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
MN Dept of Health Update - Thursday, January 13

8,510 confirmed cases + 1,167 reinfections(10.1%) + 1,833 probable cases = 11,510 total cases

48,532 PCR tests + 23,766 antigen tests = 72,292 total tests

16.0% overall positive test rate

52 deaths reported (42 private residence/9 long-term care/1 residential behavior health)
10,939 total deaths (5,219 long-term care)

Hospitalization: ICU 253 (-4). Non-ICU 1,335 (+84). Total Hospitalized 1,588 (+80).

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Good point! Wouldn't it be cool if people felt free to request it and could get it from any doctor and then use it as directed? The problem with the stifling of these drugs that could be valuable is that people are taking matters into their own hands. Yet another reason the "expert medical community" has done so much damage here. Thanks for noting that....
They can request it. Just like anything else though a doctor shouldn't be forced to prescribe it, especially when it's being used off label.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Boom! I was way wrong, but this 10,000% the right call

Supreme Court rules 6 - 3, overturns OSHA mandate.

Unfortunately, Healthcare workers still can be mandated, so stupid, especially when COVID positive HWCs can work if vaxxed

GopherJake

Reaction score
Killing kids with cancer to own the anti vaxxers
That's not the rationale. And they will simply take the next in line that will follow the rules. It's pretty simple- follow the rules and they are welcome. If not, next in line. Since there is a line, by your logic, they are killing kids with cancer by not letting them all in.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Can we talk about how ridiculous the 3 liberal justices dissent is?

"In our view, the Court’s order seriously misapplies the applicable legal standards. And in so doing, it stymies the Federal Government’s ability to counter the unparalleled threat that COVID–19 poses to our Nation’s workers. Acting outside of its competence and without legal basis, the Court displaces the judgments of the Government officials given the responsibility to respond to workplace health emergencies."

Wally

Reaction score
Can we talk about how ridiculous the 3 liberal justices dissent is?

"In our view, the Court’s order seriously misapplies the applicable legal standards. And in so doing, it stymies the Federal Government’s ability to counter the unparalleled threat that COVID–19 poses to our Nation’s workers. Acting outside of its competence and without legal basis, the Court displaces the judgments of the Government officials given the responsibility to respond to workplace health emergencies."

What is the legal basis they used to throw out the rule?

What you posted is completely meaningless without seeing the legal basis for the majority ruling.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Boom! I was way wrong, but this 10,000% the right call

Supreme Court rules 6 - 3, overturns OSHA mandate.

Unfortunately, Healthcare workers still can be mandated, so stupid, especially when COVID positive HWCs can work if vaxxed
Corrupt SCOTUS

Section2

Reaction score
Are you saying these measures are influencing people to not do things that are more effective? Such as?
If you are at high risk with Covid, do you think telling those people it’s safe to go to the grocery store because everyone is masked and there’s plexiglass between you and the cashier is a good idea if it’s completely false? Yes i think this is MUCH more harmful than people believing HCQ was a cure. HCQ might do something, and worst case it’s a placebo.

Wally

Reaction score
If you are at high risk with Covid, do you think telling those people it’s safe to go to the grocery store because everyone is masked and there’s plexiglass between you and the cashier is a good idea if it’s completely false?

I don't recall anyone saying that to high risk people.

Safer is not equal to safe....

Section2

Reaction score
I don't recall anyone saying that to high risk people.
They said it to the public at large, which includes high risk people. And they really took their sweet time in even articulating who was high risk, for obvious reasons.

Wally

Reaction score
They said it to the public at large, which includes high risk people. And they really took their sweet time in even articulating who was high risk, for obvious reasons.

I felt like we had a pretty good handle on who was high risk early in 2020, before summer.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
If you are at high risk with Covid, do you think telling those people it’s safe to go to the grocery store because everyone is masked and there’s plexiglass between you and the cashier is a good idea if it’s completely false? Yes i think this is MUCH more harmful than people believing HCQ was a cure. HCQ might do something, and worst case it’s a placebo.
Who the hell is saying it's then safe? I've never heard that. Communication has been about reducing unnecessary gatherings, trips, etc. But if you do go, these things can help reduce your risk. Never heard anyone say the risk is eliminated.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Who the hell is saying it's then safe? I've never heard that. Communication has been about reducing unnecessary gatherings, trips, etc. But if you do go, these things can help reduce your risk. Never heard anyone say the risk is eliminated.
Well, STP and MPLS are telling people it is safe to go and eat at a restaurant because everyone there will be vaccinated. Do you think that is true?

Wally

Reaction score
Well, STP and MPLS are telling people it is safe to go and eat at a restaurant because everyone there will be vaccinated. Do you think that is true?

Yep, because if you are vaccinated you don't have to worry about Covid for the most part.
So in a way it's true.😎😎😎😉

I will make it a point to support restaurants in both cities since I live very close to both. Picked up Japanese carryout from Frogtown last night as I was in the area.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
They said specifically that it will be safe there? Or that it will be safer if everyone there is vaccinated? Because those are different things.

I think those mandates are ridiculous to be honest. But I don’t think it sends the message that you now have almost no risk if you go to a restaurant if you’re someone considered high risk.

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score
They said specifically that it will be safe there? Or that it will be safer if everyone there is vaccinated? Because those are different things.

I think those mandates are ridiculous to be honest. But I don’t think it sends the message that you now have almost no risk if you go to a restaurant if you’re someone considered high risk.
Yeah, I doubt they said that it was now safe, but that is the impression it gives, IMO. It amazes me that after 2-years the Government still thinks we can mandate ourselves out of or around this Virus. The Virus is gonna Virus.

Top Bottom