The new Corona virus, should we worry?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Tough for me to believe this is all simply due to higher dominance of Delta and more lax attitudes.

If this is an upgraded/new variant ... it will be here in a month or two. Hope not.

Or, it could be proof that indeed people do need boosters to get the best protection. Frankly, wish they would've updated the backbone to Delta, by now. Could've easily been done by now. We all know damn well that Delta dominates everywhere and nothing has touched it so far.

_121615351_jh_cases_rate_timeseries_selected_countries_19nov-nc.png

howeda7

Reaction score
Look at his cabinet and staff. They are not moderates. These are hard leftists- the biggest Alinkys of the Obama era plus... See it's not hard to get an answer- you just ask and I give you an honest answer. See how that works? It could work for you!! Try it!
Please point them out...Mayor Pete is a Commie? Former Senator from Iowa Tom Vilsack a Commie? The former Governor of Rhode Island? The former Governor of Michigan? All Commies? How did they fool voters in these states for so long?

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
There is a mixed bag of reports on that with some saying yes and some saying no, but the real question is- since thousands (yes it's true) have died in close proximity to taking the vax despite otherwise good health- is it really worth the risk? It would seem at best to be a personal choice.

Would you denounce forced vax mandates considering the facts we have reviewed?
I know that's true. When hundreds of millions of vaccines have been administered in the US alone, it's impossible to not have people die unexpectedly shortly after. Hundreds of people "die unexpectedly" every week even before the vaccines. The chances that a small percentage of those people that unexpectedly died within a month or two of being vaccinated is extremely high, especially when you consider people get two vaccines 3 or 4 weeks apart. There's a pretty broad timeframe after the first vaccine that someone can claim an unexpected death was caused by the vaccine.

I'm against elementary/high schools mandating them. I'm also against Biden's attempt to make companies over 100 mandated to get it. I'm for private businesses and organizations mandating it for their employees if they wish.

Last edited:

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Biden said that Covid was because Trump. He said that he Joe the Big Guy would stop it- he had a plan! Remember that? Since he said those things he is responsible.

You are correct not to care for or about him. He is zippo. He isn't in charge of anything. The people behind him propped him up to say the things he said, get elected and let them take over. Trojan Horse President.
Yeah it was stupid to say that. This whole discussion was about the vaccines for me, not Trump or Biden.

Wally

Reaction score
Tough for me to believe this is all simply due to higher dominance of Delta and more lax attitudes.

If this is an upgraded/new variant ... it will be here in a month or two. Hope not.

Or, it could be proof that indeed people do need boosters to get the best protection. Frankly, wish they would've updated the backbone to Delta, by now. Could've easily been done by now. We all know damn well that Delta dominates everywhere and nothing has touched it so far.

_121615351_jh_cases_rate_timeseries_selected_countries_19nov-nc.png
It could be that they held Covid at bay for so long and now its free.

I thought Austria had a pretty strong right wing. I must be wrong because they just instituted a 20 day lockdown and Vax will be mandatory for everyone.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
It is impossible, and silly, to claim that 10's of thousands have died because of the vaccine, like bga does, though.

Maybe like, one ... or two ....total.
That's kinda my point. It's statistically impossible to not have deaths from anything within a month or two of the vaccines.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
That's kinda my point. It's statistically impossible to not have deaths from anything within a month or two of the vaccines.
"Within X time" is not at all proof of anything, anyway.

I get a chuckle every time I think about how many hours bga has likely invested into filing fraudulent accounts of death on VAERS. Daily morning routine.

howeda7

Reaction score

I get a chuckle every time I think about how many hours bga has likely invested into filing fraudulent accounts of death on VAERS. Daily morning routine.
Beeg knows data. Whether calculating "real" vote totals or figuring out that the 97 year old who just died after getting the vaccine was surely killed by it.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score

My wife works in research at a university hospital and she beats her head against the wall when reading people automatically linking these deaths to the vaccine.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
People/voters are shit.

That's the sole explanation for the state of the country, right now. It's nothing more than a reflection on us.

bga1

Reaction score
Beeg knows data. Whether calculating "real" vote totals or figuring out that the 97 year old who just died after getting the vaccine was surely killed by it.
Again- sarcasm gets you close to the truth. Odd that when you go against yourself, you take on the image of competence.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Biden said that Covid was because Trump. He said that he Joe the Big Guy would stop it- he had a plan! Remember that? Since he said those things he is responsible.

You are correct not to care for or about him. He is zippo. He isn't in charge of anything. The people behind him propped him up to say the things he said, get elected and let them take over. Trojan Horse President.
I get your point - but it is just as dumb to blame Biden as it was to blame Trump.

Spoofin

Reaction score
For 2020, you're including January and February which saw no deaths because the pandemic hadn't started yet. March saw just a few thousand at the end of the month. So if we drop the first 2.5 months of the year we'd be looking at about 39.5K a month. Now there's a difference. Honestly, if we're trying to compare numbers before and after the vaccine the cutoff should be around March/April 2021. But then pre-vaccine would include the full winter wave and post-vaccine wouldn't. The best time to make this comparison would probably be March/April 2022. Then we'd have a full year pre-vaccine and post-vaccine.

Using 2020 vs. 2021 is a terrible way to conclude if the vaccine works or not.
The bolded isn't my point at all. I said I believe it works. I put my money arm where my mouth is. I was challenging your initial statement that implied things have gotten a lot better. This year's numbers are overall better, but not a lot better, IMO. Also, if you compare right now in 2021 to the same time-frame in 2020, things are worse. As you said, the story hasn't been fully written.

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score
Which current US mask/vaccine mandates are you guys upset about exactly?
Pssst: There are 7 States, plus DC, that still have indoor mask mandates for unvaxxed and vaxxed people. An additional 6 States for unvaxxed. 🤷‍♂️

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
MN Dept of Health Update - Tues, Nov 23

This is the 3-day data dump with totals from Sat, Sun & Mon

9,522 confirmed cases & reinfections + 1,933 probable cases = 11,455 total cases

85,139 PCR tests + 26,069 antigen tests = 111,208 total tests

10.3% overall positive test rate

37 deaths reported (27 private residence/10 long-term care)
9,229 total deaths (4,894 long-term care)

Hospitalizations:
Sat: ICU 336 (+6). non-ICU 1,038 (-5). Total Hospitalized 1,374 (+1).

Sun: ICU 328 (-8). Non-ICU 1,069 (+31). Total Hospitalized 1,397 (+23)

Mon: ICU 320 (-8). Non-ICU 1,109 (+40). Total Hospitalized 1,429 (+32).

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Vaccination Update as of last Sunday:

for MN residents 5 & older:
1 dose - 69.4%
two doses - 64.1% (that is 60.1% for all state residents)

by age group - fully vaccinated
5-11 -- 0% fully vaccinated (19% with 1 dose)
12-15 -- 55% fully vaccinated
16-17 -- 60% fully vaccinated
18-49 -- 64% fully vaccinated
50-64 -- 76% fully vaccinated
65+ --- 93% fully vaccinated

881,369 with a 3rd dose/booster.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
The bolded isn't my point at all. I said I believe it works. I put my money arm where my mouth is. I was challenging your initial statement that implied things have gotten a lot better. This year's numbers are overall better, but not a lot better, IMO. Also, if you compare right now in 2021 to the same time-frame in 2020, things are worse. As you said, the story hasn't been fully written.
I don't understand how you can say things are worse now than last year? They were just worse in the states with low vaccine numbers but as of right now, most other states have lower numbers than last year at this same time. We'll see what the next month or two bring but I don't think we'll ever see a peak in deaths like we saw last winter, even with a more contagious variant.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I don't understand how you can say things are worse now than last year? They were just worse in the states with low vaccine numbers but as of right now, most other states have lower numbers than last year at this same time. We'll see what the next month or two bring but I don't think we'll ever see a peak in deaths like we saw last winter, even with a more contagious variant.
How can I say we are worse right now than the same time last year? We were talking deaths, right? The deaths this Fall were higher than the deaths were last Fall. Yes, we will see what this Winter looks like. I hope it’s lower than last Winter, but I’m not as sure as you that it will be.

1637723116098.png

bga1

Reaction score
Last year we had Zero vaccine numbers. How do you square that? Vaccines reduce deaths in the short run- I think that's statistically valid. They don't stop the spread at all. I'm fine with people taking the risk of vaxxing or taking the risk not to. Seems like a personal decision. Agreed?

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
How can I say we are worse right now than the same time last year? We were talking deaths, right? The deaths this Fall were higher than the deaths were last Fall. Yes, we will see what this Winter looks like. I hope it’s lower than last Winter, but I’m not as sure as you that it will be.

View attachment 15524
You said right now so I assumed you meant right now, not two months ago.

bga1

Reaction score
I get your point - but it is just as dumb to blame Biden as it was to blame Trump.
I don't blame Biden for the Covid results. Not one bit. He never could have stopped it. I only blame Biden for lying that he had a plan that would stop it cold - that Trump somehow did not. That was a lie.

Gold Vision

Reaction score
Last year we had Zero vaccine numbers. How do you square that? Vaccines reduce deaths in the short run- I think that's statistically valid. They don't stop the spread at all. I'm fine with people taking the risk of vaxxing or taking the risk not to. Seems like a personal decision. Agreed?

How do you square that?

Last year things were completely shut down. Schools were in distance or hybrid learning models, restaurants closed, business and personal travel shut down, youth sports cancelled, gyms, bars, etc….

Claiming the vaccines don’t stop the spread at all is a ridiculous straw man.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Claiming the vaccines don’t stop the spread at all is a ridiculous straw man.
It's safe to say there is a wide disparity of opinions on just HOW effectively the vax stops the spread to any degree.

The REAL question is, does it stop the spread enough to mandate the vax across the board? I think without question the answer is absofuckinglutely not, no?

Top Bottom