The new Corona virus, should we worry?

bga1

Reaction score
I would have probably said the numbers would be close. The death numbers were insanely high in January, and there were virtually no deaths in the first three months of 2020. I would have also guessed that if 50% were fully vaxxed by the summer that we would be at 75%+ by now.

I've admitted multiple times that the vaccine isn't as effective as they originally thought.
OK- I'll let you off with that. The bottom line on the vaccine as it stands:

1. It doesn't stop the spread- at all
2. Those vaxxed can get it, seemingly as frequently as the unvaxxed now
3. Those who are vaxxed tend to be less prone to death- a good thing obviously
4. The vax doesn't last long- maybe 4-6 months
5. Natural immunity seems to be far better in stopping reinfection, illness and death (no, I am not encouraging anyone to go and get Covid)

Yet...the full on push to require people to vax especially in leftist run states, persists. Follow the money.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
It’s what they do. Again how anyone can defend what’s going on with thus administration is asinine
You, like so many, assume this has anything to do with Biden. I'm not defending him in any way. I don't care for him at all. I'm defending vaccines. Using death numbers to try to show vaccines don't work even before people were vaccinated is ridiculous.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
OK- I'll let you off with that. The bottom line on the vaccine as it stands:

1. It doesn't stop the spread- at all
2. Those vaxxed can get it, seemingly as frequently as the unvaxxed now
3. Those who are vaxxed tend to be less prone to death- a good thing obviously
4. The vax doesn't last long- maybe 4-6 months
5. Natural immunity seems to be far better in stopping reinfection, illness and death (no, I am not encouraging anyone to go and get Covid)

Yet...the full on push to require people to vax especially in leftist run states, persists. Follow the money.
Gee thanks I guess.

You're forgetting 6. Natural immunity + vaccine has shown to give people the greatest immunity against infection, illness and death.

Spoofin

Reaction score
105K isn't a huge amount? That's the number from January alone. Acting as if the vaccine could have stopped any of those deaths is disingenuous.

I think there's some truth to your last statement. But that still doesn't mean the vaccine hasn't lowered death numbers this year.
If my quick search of numbers are correct:
2020: 375K deaths
2021: 400K deaths (25% in January)
The average per month in 2020 would be 31K/month and in Feb-Nov '21 it would be 30K/month - so even factoring out January doesn't really show much of an improvement.

I firmly believe that the vaccine has lowered death numbers this year. How much? I'm not sure we will ever know & almost certainly not as much as some preach that it does. I was on the "we can't stop it" train long before most. I got the vaccine (and booster) because I believe it increases my chances of staying healthy. Now - mask wear and lockdowns.........

bga1

Reaction score
105K isn't a huge amount? That's the number from January alone. Acting as if the vaccine could have stopped any of those deaths is disingenuous.

I think there's some truth to your last statement. But that still doesn't mean the vaccine hasn't lowered death numbers this year.
The number of deaths in January from the 3rd to the end of the month was 95k - so 105 is close for the whole month and the number for Feb is 50k. That means we had 230k deaths from March on. That is as many as had Biden saying Trump was a failure in his tweet.

bga1

Reaction score
Gee thanks I guess.

You're forgetting 6. Natural immunity + vaccine has shown to give people the greatest immunity against infection, illness and death.
There is a mixed bag of reports on that with some saying yes and some saying no, but the real question is- since thousands (yes it's true) have died in close proximity to taking the vax despite otherwise good health- is it really worth the risk? It would seem at best to be a personal choice.

Would you denounce forced vax mandates considering the facts we have reviewed?

bga1

Reaction score
Almost all of those millions per day were of people getting their first does. You get the first shot, then you wait 3-4 weeks to get your 2nd. Then it takes up to another 2 weeks for the vaccine to take full effect. People getting their first does in January would have been fully vaccinated in mid to late February. Millions of people getting vaccinated in January would have no effect on January death numbers. And probably not much for February either. Add in that it takes on average 30 days from infection to death.
I had no idea that there were that many successful deer hunters! :)

bga1

Reaction score
You, like so many, assume this has anything to do with Biden. I'm not defending him in any way. I don't care for him at all. I'm defending vaccines. Using death numbers to try to show vaccines don't work even before people were vaccinated is ridiculous.
Biden said that Covid was because Trump. He said that he Joe the Big Guy would stop it- he had a plan! Remember that? Since he said those things he is responsible.

You are correct not to care for or about him. He is zippo. He isn't in charge of anything. The people behind him propped him up to say the things he said, get elected and let them take over. Trojan Horse President.

bga1

Reaction score
I read an interesting thread by a guy who makes the claim that there is excellent correlation between sudden drops in humidity below 30%RH and spikes in Covid. I know you have expertise in this area and have made a lot of good posts on weather patterns and Covid...if that makes sense to you, I'll try and find it.

This isn't that thread but it explains a similar theory:https://www.uhhospitals.org/Healthy...-role-of-dry-winter-air-in-spreading-covid-19

Last edited:

howeda7

Reaction score
You are correct not to care for or about him. He is zippo. He isn't in charge of anything. The people behind him propped him up to say the things he said, get elected and let them take over. Trojan Horse President.
Who are "the people"? Why is it so hard to get an answer to this question....

bga1

Reaction score
Who are "the people"? Why is it so hard to get an answer to this question....
Look at his cabinet and staff. They are not moderates. These are hard leftists- the biggest Alinkys of the Obama era plus... See it's not hard to get an answer- you just ask and I give you an honest answer. See how that works? It could work for you!! Try it!

Wally

Reaction score
Look at his cabinet and staff. They are not moderates. These are hard leftists- the biggest Alinkys of the Obama era plus... See it's not hard to get an answer- you just ask and I give you an honest answer. See how that works? It could work for you!! Try it!
That's why he is selling more oil drilling leases than Trump and locking immigrants in cages just like Trump.

Yep that must be it.
🙄

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Of course a huge amount of the deaths in 2021 happened before the vaccines could have much of an affect on deaths. Minor detail I know.
Oh please, everyone knows for a fact that President Biden said the moment he takes office, all the deaths that were happening the days before would suddenly drop to zero.

Stop trying to massage the facts!

MplsGopher

Reaction score
So in January, had you known that 60% of the US population would be vaxxed and really over 50% by mid summer this year
In other words, most of those people were not vaccinated until April or later.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Hmmm. The biggest spike was at the biggining of the year, but I'm not sure I would blame a "huge amount" on "before vaccines could have much effect." The spike now is bigger than this time last year and the below graph almost seems to suggest that a large number of them are occurring after the vaccines lose much of their effect. 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 15513
We understand that you didn't pass high school math.

But even most middle schoolers can understand that the "area under the curve" (I know, this is a tough one, don't have a stroke) is larger in first quarter 2021 than it is with the summer-fall 2021 surge.

MplsGopher

Reaction score

Wally

Reaction score
Let's Go Brandon!
If the left was smart they would run with this and make ,"Let's Go Biden" be their rallying cry.

The left is horse shit at messaging compared to the right.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I firmly believe that the vaccine has lowered death numbers this year. How much? I'm not sure we will ever know & almost certainly not as much as some preach that it does.
The sheer absurdity of this is:

almost every single person who has died of the disease, 2020 or 2021, was unvaccinated!

You'd have to believe that if every single one had been given the vaccine a couple months before, that they all would've died anyway. :ROFLMAO:

You have to throw your vote away on Libertarians, to believe that level of lie.

Wally

Reaction score

almost every single person who has died of the disease, 2020 or 2021, was unvaccinated!
I hope MPLS is correct, I am not so sure because I don't see them releasing numbers. I assume he is and that's why I feel the following.

I always get a good kick out of the daily death numbers. The more cases and deaths the better. Fewer idiots and one step closer to herd immunity.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
There are 100M+ Americans to go, who still haven't been touched by Sars2 proteins, at all.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
The average per month in 2020 would be 31K/month and in Feb-Nov '21 it would be 30K/month - so even factoring out January doesn't really show much of an improvement.

I firmly believe that the vaccine has lowered death numbers this year. How much? I'm not sure we will ever know & almost certainly not as much as some preach that it does. I was on the "we can't stop it" train long before most. I got the vaccine (and booster) because I believe it increases my chances of staying healthy. Now - mask wear and lockdowns.........
For 2020, you're including January and February which saw no deaths because the pandemic hadn't started yet. March saw just a few thousand at the end of the month. So if we drop the first 2.5 months of the year we'd be looking at about 39.5K a month. Now there's a difference. Honestly, if we're trying to compare numbers before and after the vaccine the cutoff should be around March/April 2021. But then pre-vaccine would include the full winter wave and post-vaccine wouldn't. The best time to make this comparison would probably be March/April 2022. Then we'd have a full year pre-vaccine and post-vaccine.

Using 2020 vs. 2021 is a terrible way to conclude if the vaccine works or not.

Top Bottom