The new Corona virus, should we worry?

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
We know why…but the media can’t speak to their narrative that Republicans are anti-vax, won’t wear masks, and generally are responsible for spreading the virus. And governors that don’t fully get on board with shutting down business, forcing people to take the vaccine, and forcing children to wear masks with teachers that are fully vaccinated are to blame for outbreaks.

It’s a phony narrative that they now can’t explain or rationalize…so silence.
Bottom line, states that are actually empowering and entrusting their citizens to make good choices, the right choices for THEM, when it comes to masking and vaxing are doing the best virtually across the spectrum; with the virus, with their economy, and with the mental health and well-being of their citizens.

Allow people to make decisions for what is best for them and it's surprising what they will do. Shocking....

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Bottom line, states that are actually empowering and entrusting their citizens to make good choices, the right choices for THEM, when it comes to masking and vaxing are doing the best virtually across the spectrum; with the virus, with their economy, and with the mental health and well-being of their citizens.

Allow people to make decisions for what is best for them and it's surprising what they will do. Shocking....
I was in Florida for a little over 2 weeks and got back last week. It‘s already getting crowded in Florida with seasonal people getting the hell out of their blue states, like mine in Illinois and NY, PA, and MA. The locals also noticed that the seasonal folks are coming earlier than usual.

And it’s not just wearing masks and such. It’s freedom from the Covid paranoid and judgmental attitude. Not having to put a mask on when you enter a store or a restaurant put a lot of smiles on peoples’ faces, like wearing a mask to my restaurant table is going to make a difference. SMH

Meanwhile the Dem politicians in those blue states violate their mandates repeatedly.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
Minnesota is seeing a rise in cases and hospitalizations comparable to the same time last year despite having the highest vaccination rate in the region.

Every surrounding state has had less restrictions throughout the pandemic, and a lower vaccination rate, yet they are all seeing a growth in cases/hospitalizations lower than Minnesota, and lower than last year.

golf

Reaction score
We know why…but the media can’t speak to their narrative that Republicans are anti-vax, won’t wear masks, and generally are responsible for spreading the virus. And governors that don’t fully get on board with shutting down business, forcing people to take the vaccine, and forcing children to wear masks with teachers that are fully vaccinated are to blame for outbreaks.

It’s a phony narrative that they now can’t explain or rationalize…so silence.

Kinda thought the blatantly disparate reporting could be explained by media bias. However such as chuck todd and don lemon remind us that they aren't biased, so I get confused

Wally

Reaction score

“Health officials say breakthrough rates are not an accurate measure of vaccine efficacy. But the rate of such cases has grown significantly this fall.”

Well if we want accurate data the only thing we can do is stop counting breakthrough cases. 🤷‍♂️
Yess!!!!

Startrib reports today that minnesota has highest china virus infection rate in the country. (Florida last week was the lowest in the country.).

Riddle me this: Media loved ripping desantis during the time florida's infection rate was high, why is media not now ripping walz or other governors whose states now have high infection rates???

I was in Florida a little over a week ago, you know what I saw more people wearing masks there than here.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Kinda thought the blatantly disparate reporting could be explained by media bias. However such as chuck todd and don lemon remind us that they aren't biased, so I get confused
Actually, I’m wrong about them being silent. I’ve seen a couple articles that suggest DeSantis deserves no credit for Florida’s incredible drop in cases to the lowest per capita number in the US. 🤣

Wally

Reaction score
I was in Florida for a little over 2 weeks and got back last week. It‘s already getting crowded in Florida with seasonal people getting the hell out of their blue states, like mine in Illinois and NY, PA, and MA. The locals also noticed that the seasonal folks are coming earlier than usual.

And it’s not just wearing masks and such. It’s freedom from the Covid paranoid and judgmental attitude. Not having to put a mask on when you enter a store or a restaurant put a lot of smiles on peoples’ faces, like wearing a mask to my restaurant table is going to make a difference. SMH

Meanwhile the Dem politicians in those blue states violate their mandates repeatedly.
I saw more masks in Orlando than I see in Minneapolis.

I didn't wear one.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Riddle me this: Media loved ripping desantis during the time florida's infection rate was high, why is media not now ripping walz or other governors whose states now have high infection rates???
Nothing to rip.

Walz followed the rules.

You can never be ripped for following the rules, nor should you, just because it didn't work out as well as you were hoping.

You should always be ripped for not following the rules.

bga1

Reaction score
It was always someone's fault in the past. I believe that was Trump. When Florida's rate jumped a while back it was Desantis, Desantis, Desantis.

Has there ever been a looney leftie that plays any role in this? If so, does anyone have a name?
Biden: " I'll stop it. I have a plan."

bga1

Reaction score
Minnesota is seeing a rise in cases and hospitalizations comparable to the same time last year despite having the highest vaccination rate in the region.

Every surrounding state has had less restrictions throughout the pandemic, and a lower vaccination rate, yet they are all seeing a growth in cases/hospitalizations lower than Minnesota, and lower than last year.
It turns out the the virus is just going to do it's thing. You can hold it off for a while by shutting down your citizens, but when they come out- they are going to get hit. Lockdown, mask up vax up, you are still going to get nailed.

OldBob53

Banned
Reaction score
No longer need worry much about virus, but use LYSOL towlletes, something, if have oral sex with cousin in basement at Thanksgiving. Then go upstairs, eat with family, cranberries, smile, everything fine.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
MN Dept of health Update - Tuesday Nov 16 (3 days of data for Sat, Sun, Mon)

9,381 confirmed cases (and reinfections) + 1,532 probable cases = 10,913 new cases

79,562 PCR tests + 21,327 antigen tests = 100,889 total tests

overall positive test rate 10.8%.

51 deaths reported (going back to last Thursday). 42 private residence/8 long-term care/1 other
47 of the deaths from November.
9,047 total deaths (4,843 long-term care)

Hospitalizations:
Sat: ICU 311 (no change). Non-ICU 953 (-18). Total 1,264 (-18).

Sun: ICU 301 (-10). Non-ICU 999 (+46). Total 1,300 (+36).

Mon: ICU 307 (+6). Non-ICU 1,041 (+42). Total 1,348 (+48).

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Vaccination Update in MN - as of Nov 14:

(includes all MN Residents 5 and older)

1 dose 68.1%
fully vaccinated 63.9%.
for total State population - 59.9% fully vaccinated

715,287 with a booster or 3rd dose (including me...)

Little change among the various age groups - 16-17 now 60% fully vaccinated +1.
Looks like most of the 'new' vaccinations are boosters or among the 5-11 age group.
9% of the 5-11 age group has received one dose of vaccine.

Spoofin

Reaction score

It’s because of Republicans not wearing masks. (Did I do that right?)

Spoofin

Reaction score
I saw more masks in Orlando than I see in Minneapolis.

I didn't wear one.
Are you saying what the media and all the wackos on GH tell us about Florida is BS? Knock me over with a feather.
Desantis 2024!!!

Wally

Reaction score
Are you saying what the media and all the wackos on GH tell us about Florida is BS? Knock me over with a feather.
Desantis 2024!!!
Yea lots of people choose to protect themselves, I am glad Desantis helped dummies die.
Win win

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
If society says I need a booster, and knowing that there's zero risk to me in getting it, and it's free, then I'll get a booster and not think twice about it.

Really not much more to it than that.
Do educators on disability need boosters, if they don’t leave the house? 🤔

Seems wasteful.

Top Bottom