The new Corona virus, should we worry?

Spoofin

Reaction score
I don't think what JJ said is 100% correct but he's close to the target. It is well known that the PCR tests provide an awful lot of false positives at the 40 cycle range and anything over 25 is suspect.
Yes, I know about PCR tests giving false positives - but that isn't what JJ said. What JJ said wasn't correct.

kg21

Reaction score
Are they still accepting people who want abortions if they aren't vaccinated?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Because he was pointing out the deception.
Nope

Median is completely different from mean.

Watch this (two sets of numbers have the same median, but different means):

- {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9} -> median = 5, mean = 5
- {1,1,1,1,5,6,6,6,6} -> median = 5, mean = 3.67

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Natural origin fights back! @Pompous Elitist

Newly Discovered Bat Viruses Give Hints to Covid’s Origins

Coronaviruses discovered in Laotian bats are surprisingly adept at infecting human cells, showing that such deadly features can indeed evolve outside of a lab.

In the summer of 2020, half a year into the coronavirus pandemic, scientists traveled into the forests of northern Laos to catch bats that might harbor close cousins of the pathogen.
In the dead of night, they used mist nets and canvas traps to snag the animals as they emerged from nearby caves, gathered samples of saliva, urine and feces, then released them back into the darkness.

The fecal samples turned out to contain coronaviruses, which the scientists studied in high security biosafety labs, known as BSL-3, using specialized protective gear and air filters.
Three of the Laos coronaviruses were unusual: They carried a molecular hook on their surface that was very similar to the hook on the virus that causes Covid-19, called SARS-CoV-2. Like SARS-CoV-2, their hook allowed them to latch onto human cells.

“It is even better than early strains of SARS-CoV-2,” said Marc Eloit, a virologist at the Pasteur Institute in Paris who led the study, referring to how well the hook on the Laos coronaviruses binds to human cells. The study was posted online last month and has not yet been published in a scientific journal.

Wally

Reaction score
You are starting to figure out that you have been duped. Good.
Nope. I am very happy to be vaccinated.
How was I duped?

My vaccine seems to be working, I rock climbed with someone who got sick the next day recently, my daughter has/had covid and I am home with her and I got nothing.

Covid will circulate forever, as of right now I expect to get it probably sooner than later.

bga1

Reaction score
Nope. I am very happy to be vaccinated.
How was I duped?

My vaccine seems to be working, I rock climbed with someone who got sick the next day recently, my daughter has/had covid and I am home with her and I got nothing.

Covid will circulate forever, as of right now I expect to get it probably sooner than later.
The vax is a therapeutic with risk. You once thought that the vax would protect you. Now? Not so much. You got duped and that is hard to admit. I get that's an issue for you.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
MN Dept of Health update - Thurs, Oct 14:

2,281 confirmed cases + 638 from antigen testing = 2,919 new cases

37,753 PCR tests + 12,058 antigen tests = 49,811 total tests

positive test rate: 6.0% on PCR; 5.3% on antigen -- overall positive test rate 5.9%.

deaths - 25 reported (21 private residence/4 long-term care) all but 1 death from October.
total deaths - 8,379 (4,691 long-term care)

Hospitalizations: ICU 255 (-5). Non-ICU 728 (-2). Total hospitalized 983 (-7).

------
Heard interesting segment today on MPR. Apparently, if you originally got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, but you get a Pfizer or Moderna booster, that produced more antibodies than getting a booster of J & J. study also found that if you originally got Pfizer or Moderna, you could get a booster of either type and the results were very similar.

bga1

Reaction score
MN Dept of Health update - Thurs, Oct 14:

2,281 confirmed cases + 638 from antigen testing = 2,919 new cases

37,753 PCR tests + 12,058 antigen tests = 49,811 total tests

positive test rate: 6.0% on PCR; 5.3% on antigen -- overall positive test rate 5.9%.

deaths - 25 reported (21 private residence/4 long-term care) all but 1 death from October.
total deaths - 8,379 (4,691 long-term care)

Hospitalizations: ICU 255 (-5). Non-ICU 728 (-2). Total hospitalized 983 (-7).

------
Heard interesting segment today on MPR. Apparently, if you originally got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, but you get a Pfizer or Moderna booster, that produced more antibodies than getting a booster of J & J. study also found that if you originally got Pfizer or Moderna, you could get a booster of either type and the results were very similar.
It's almost like they don't really know anything yet for sure about what some want to mandate. Like maybe this is experimental? Nah....

Reactions: SDR

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
This is about control. I'm sorry so many have cognitive dissonance and can't forecast whats coming, but those at the top want to stay there and implementing a current state of slavery is what they will do to keep that power.

You can be vaxxed and me unvaxxed, and you can give me this thing they call "COVID." A mandate makes no sense

kg21

Reaction score
This is about control. I'm sorry so many have cognitive dissonance and can't forecast whats coming, but those at the top want to stay there and implementing a current state of slavery is what they will do to keep that power.

You can be vaxxed and me unvaxxed, and you can give me this thing they call "COVID." A mandate makes no sense
This is getting everyone ready for climate change mandates.

Wally

Reaction score
The vax is a therapeutic with risk. You once thought that the vax would protect you. Now? Not so much. You got duped and that is hard to admit. I get that's an issue for you.
Life is about risk. The vaccine is protecting me, sure its not absolute but those I know who have gotten Covid without the vax had a worse time than those who are vaxxed if you look at similar age brackets.

Wally

Reaction score
This is getting everyone ready for climate change mandates.
You can't make up the paranoia and delusion of the right.

If you want a good wake up, look up William Shatners comments after his Blue Origin flight yesterday.

kg21

Reaction score
Life is about risk. The vaccine is protecting me, sure its not absolute but those I know who have gotten Covid without the vax had a worse time than those who are vaxxed if you look at similar age brackets.
I have family who didn't get vaxxed, got covid, felt a little off for a couple of days and are fine.

They should still get the vaccine, right?

kg21

Reaction score
You can't make up the paranoia and delusion of the right.

If you want a good wake up, look up William Shatners comments after his Blue Origin flight yesterday.
You mean like the paranoia when the right was saying they will make vaccine mandates, and the left and bumblefuck said it wouldn't happen? They were basically mocking the thought of it.

Why would anyone be paranoid?

Spoofin

Reaction score
The vax is a therapeutic. You are right. Where you are wrong is that it does protect you. It is a very very good therapeutic. Calling it a therapeutic isn't an insult.

Spoofin

Reaction score
------
Interesting. I got J&J vax. This is the first mention of "booster" I have heard of for us in the vax minority. I'll have to look into it further. Thanks.

howeda7

Reaction score

Have you resigned your job in protest yet?

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
The vax is a therapeutic. You are right. Where you are wrong is that it does protect you. It is a very very good therapeutic. Calling it a therapeutic isn't an insult.
It is an insult because people are getting discriminated for not taking it

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Natural origin fights back! @Pompous Elitist

Newly Discovered Bat Viruses Give Hints to Covid’s Origins

Coronaviruses discovered in Laotian bats are surprisingly adept at infecting human cells, showing that such deadly features can indeed evolve outside of a lab.

In the summer of 2020, half a year into the coronavirus pandemic, scientists traveled into the forests of northern Laos to catch bats that might harbor close cousins of the pathogen.
In the dead of night, they used mist nets and canvas traps to snag the animals as they emerged from nearby caves, gathered samples of saliva, urine and feces, then released them back into the darkness.

The fecal samples turned out to contain coronaviruses, which the scientists studied in high security biosafety labs, known as BSL-3, using specialized protective gear and air filters.
Three of the Laos coronaviruses were unusual: They carried a molecular hook on their surface that was very similar to the hook on the virus that causes Covid-19, called SARS-CoV-2. Like SARS-CoV-2, their hook allowed them to latch onto human cells.

“It is even better than early strains of SARS-CoV-2,” said Marc Eloit, a virologist at the Pasteur Institute in Paris who led the study, referring to how well the hook on the Laos coronaviruses binds to human cells. The study was posted online last month and has not yet been published in a scientific journal.

That Laos virus lacks the furin cleavage site with the very odd nucleotide sequences which is what makes it uniquely transmissible . These are just simple probabilities, compounded by SARS2 showing up on the doorstep of the Chinese virology labs of a Chinese researcher involved in dangerous (and US-denied) funding proposals to construct pandemic potential pathogens.

Nothing has changed. This still stinks to high heaven. Of course a close ancestor to SARS2 is out there. The question is whether it was introduced accidentally via lab accident, or enhanced in Wuhan.

Top Bottom