The new Corona virus, should we worry?

bga1

Reaction score
Delta is far more contagious. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I mean, you are honestly arguing that the vaccines are causing infections? Why then would those vaccinated be less likely to get COVID?
I think the vaxxed are less likely to have a reportable case. It is likely milder and they don't actually believe they can get it so they think they have a bad cold. Yes, I think the vaxxed are spreaders and they are getting the Delta as easily as the unvaxxed and way, way more than the previously infected. Again, I agree that the vax is a therapeutic. It just doesn't stop infection or transmission very well.....unlike real immunity.

bga1

Reaction score
This seems like a good time to remind ourselves what a fraud Fauci is:

Spoofin

Reaction score
I think the vaxxed are less likely to have a reportable case. It is likely milder and they don't actually believe they can get it so they think they have a bad cold. Yes, I think the vaxxed are spreaders and they are getting the Delta as easily as the unvaxxed and way, way more than the previously infected. Again, I agree that the vax is a therapeutic. It just doesn't stop infection or transmission very well.....unlike real immunity.
OK. Much of this is reasonable. I haven’t seen the studies to prove your natural immunity claims, but possible. None of this has to do with your claim I objected to which was that the vaccine “increases infections”.

bga1

Reaction score
OK. Much of this is reasonable. I haven’t seen the studies to prove your natural immunity claims, but possible. None of this has to do with your claim I objected to which was that the vaccine “increases infections”.
Fair enough. My thought is that since vaxxed people think they are not carriers and they are, the inefficiency of the vax is continuing the spread. I see your point though. There are studies on the durability of natural (acquired) immunity including the Cleveland Clinic one where unvaxxed but previously infected 1500+ people went 10 months with zero infections.

GopherJake

Reaction score
University of Minnesota research backs vaccines after COVID-19 cases. http://strib.mn/39WEBCb

October 01, 2021 - 3:55 PM

New University of Minnesota research is contesting a key argument against COVID-19 vaccination — that people with prior coronavirus infections don't need further immunization to protect themselves.

Comparing blood samples following COVID-19 vaccinations in 48 participants, the U researchers found that everyone gained key memory B cells capable of producing antibodies that fight off the coronavirus, but people with previous infections gained five times more of those cells.

And in the world of immunology, more is better, said Marc Jenkins, a co-author and director of the Center for Immunology at the U Medical School. "There are some people who maybe had a prior infection and think, 'Well, I'm good to go,' and they certainly have some immunity. But this study shows if they complete the vaccination series they have a lot of immune potential."

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
University of Minnesota research backs vaccines after COVID-19 cases. http://strib.mn/39WEBCb

October 01, 2021 - 3:55 PM

New University of Minnesota research is contesting a key argument against COVID-19 vaccination — that people with prior coronavirus infections don't need further immunization to protect themselves.

Comparing blood samples following COVID-19 vaccinations in 48 participants, the U researchers found that everyone gained key memory B cells capable of producing antibodies that fight off the coronavirus, but people with previous infections gained five times more of those cells.

And in the world of immunology, more is better, said Marc Jenkins, a co-author and director of the Center for Immunology at the U Medical School. "There are some people who maybe had a prior infection and think, 'Well, I'm good to go,' and they certainly have some immunity. But this study shows if they complete the vaccination series they have a lot of immune potential."

Maybe because its Saturday and im not on my game, but those words you just posted above here appear to be highly contradictory

bga1

Reaction score
Maybe because its Saturday and im not on my game, but those words you just posted above here appear to be highly contradictory
Not really contradictory. I think their claim is that prior infect who then vaxxed gained more cells. So I think it all squares. Here's the issue with that however: is more really better in this case? Is it necessary? Since the prior infected very rarely get it again- I think not. What this study could be pointing out is that the natural immunity system is working great. It sees a new infection (this time the vaccine) and it builds up to go after it.

OldBob53

Reaction score
Will there be enough left to propagate the species?

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
MN Dept of Health update - Mon, Oct 4 (data from last Friday....)

3,105 confirmed cases + 441 from antigen testing = 3,546 new cases

42,687 PCR tests + 9,550 antigen tests = 52,237 total tests

positive test rate 7.3% for PCR - 4.6% for antigen --- overall positive test rate 6.8%.

deaths - 21 reported (15 private residence/6 long-term care) --- total deaths now 8,191

Hospitalized: ICU 213 (+4). Non-ICU 606 (+16). Total hospitalized 819 (+20).

reminder - Tuesday is the "3-day data dump" with numbers for Sat, Sun & Mon.

Wally

Reaction score
Not sure what you are getting at Wally.
I posted the largest increase states over the past 14-days in hospitalizations and the largest decrease states over the past 14-days in hospitalizations states. The biggest increases were all Northern States and the biggest decreases were all Southern States. It applied directly to the conversation in the post I quoted. You should try to follow along.

Good deflection.
🤣🤣🤣😉

Wally

Reaction score
My thought is that since vaxxed people think they are not carriers and they are, the inefficiency of the vax is continuing the spread.

Could be and I hope so.
Faster herd immunity, less idiots.
Win win

Spoofin

Reaction score
Good deflection.
🤣🤣🤣😉
You are such a fool sometimes. What did I “deflect” from. I explained to you exactly what I posted. It isn’t my fault that you don’t have the ability to follow a simple conversation. 🙄

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
and now - numbers with no opinions.....

3 days worth of data from the MN Dept of Health - covering Sat, Sun and Mon.....

6,248 confirmed cases + 885 from antigen testing = 7,133 total cases

85,942 PCR tests + 17,347 antigen tests = 103,289 total tests

positive test rate 7.3% on PCR; 6.1% on antigen --- 6.9% overall positive test rate

12 deaths reported (9 private residence/3 long-term care) 8,203 total deaths (4,648 long-term care)

Hospitalized:
Sat: ICU 208 (-5). Non-ICU 607 (+1). Total hospitalized 815 (-4).

Sun: ICU 209 (+1). Non-ICU 623 (+16). Total hospitalized 832 (+17).

Mon: ICU 220 (+11). Non-ICU 627 (+4). total hospitalized 847 +15).

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Vaccination update for MN: (totals reported through Sunday, Oct 3)

MN Residents 12-and-older with 1 dose of vaccine - 72.5%
MN Residents 12-and-older fully vaccinated - 68.9%
Compared to total state population - 58.2% are fully vaccinated.

by age group
12-15 yrs old 49% vaccinated (+1%)
16-17 -- 55% (no change)
18-49 -- 59% (no change)
50-64 -- 72% (no change)
65+ -- 88% (-1%....?)

# receiving a 3rd dose or booster -- 109,582.

a few more numbers, just for fun:
total doses administered in MN - 6,504,618
total doses received - 7,671,265
so 84.8% of total doses have been administered.

golf

Reaction score
WaPo article reports that a person has a better chance of dying from a lightning strike than dying from china virus while vaxed.

Yet fauci says we may not be able to have a normal christmas and biden requiring federal workers/contractors to be vaxed in order to keep their jobs.

Lunacy. All about his poll numbers. Biden says the unvaxed are selfish - pot meet kettle. Biden displaying height of selfishness.

Top Bottom