The NCAA Grants Natalie Romeo Immediate Eligibilty

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
On last week's radio show Stollings said they were trying to get Bryanna Fernstrom eligible for the complete season. I haven't seen anything one way or the other regarding Fernstrom. However, last night, Natalie Romeo who played last season for Nebraska was ruled immediately eligible for Washington. Earlier in fall, Chatrice White, who played last year for Illinois became immediately eligible for her new school, Florida State. And, of course, a year ago Jacqui Grant and Amarah Coleman became immediately eligible after transferring from Illinois to DePaul.

Immediate eligibility is fine with me. I'm assuming (who actually knows what the NCAA was thinking?) that immediately eligibility was granted because of the turmoil and/or lawsuits at their former school. However, in Chatrice White's case, she (or at least her parents) were vocal Matt Bollant supporters. Maybe the Nikki Moody lawsuit against Bill Finley helps support Fernstrom's request or maybe not.

Be big if they could get her eligible. Really need her post defense and toughness.

Any update on this, maybe we will hear on the coaches show Tuesday night, because of the men's bball game tonight.

Top Bottom