The Most Intriguing Quarterbacks of the College Football Season (2. Drake Maye, North Carolina)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Will be a big challenge for our defense. Per SI:

2. Drake Maye, North Carolina​

If Maye weren’t in the same draft-eligible class as Williams, he’d be viewed as the slam-dunk first pick. As it is, he’s Williams’s dazzling dual-threat counterpart on the opposite coast, amassing more than 5,000 yards total offense and 45 TDs in his first season of extensive college action. Passing or running, he is fluidity in motion. The Carolina blue runs deep, with father Mark a former UNC quarterback, brother Luke a former Tar Heels basketball player and younger brother Beau currently on the UNC hoops team. With Maye at the controls, is this 71-year-old Mack Brown’s last great chance to have a great team?

Go Gophers!!

Will be a big challenge for our defense. Per SI:

2. Drake Maye, North Carolina​

If Maye weren’t in the same draft-eligible class as Williams, he’d be viewed as the slam-dunk first pick. As it is, he’s Williams’s dazzling dual-threat counterpart on the opposite coast, amassing more than 5,000 yards total offense and 45 TDs in his first season of extensive college action. Passing or running, he is fluidity in motion. The Carolina blue runs deep, with father Mark a former UNC quarterback, brother Luke a former Tar Heels basketball player and younger brother Beau currently on the UNC hoops team. With Maye at the controls, is this 71-year-old Mack Brown’s last great chance to have a great team?

Go Gophers!!
Their O-line is pretty bad. Ranked #102 is sacks allowed and #91 in tackles for loss allowed last year. I think Gophs will be lurking in Tar Heel's backfield a lot.

Their O-line is pretty bad. Ranked #102 is sacks allowed and #91 in tackles for loss allowed last year. I think Gophs will be lurking in Tar Heel's backfield a lot.
If that's true, I really hope our interior DL can get pressure. I'm getting tired of our athletic DEs flying into the backfield and over pursuing the QB.

Top Bottom