The Maxx Williams Catch...

Was sitting on that sideline. Fans in front stood to watch the catch and I stayed seated because I knew there was no way even Maxx could go up and get that one.....

I loved this DeadSpin comment about Maxx's game:
Maxx exxhibited exxtreme exxuberance and was exxalted by his teammates for his exxcellence, exxtension, and exxacting toe drag. His coach later exxtolled that "Maxx's exxpertise is exxtracting balls from the air."

Incredible catch. I started bitching at ML for such a severe overthrow. Oops, great throw Mitch.

Incredible catch. I started bitching at ML for such a severe overthrow. Oops, great throw Mitch.

It's safe to say that Leidner put it where only Maxx could make the catch.

That catch came at what was still a huge moment in the game too.

It's safe to say that quarterbacks love big targets with soft hands.

Honest to god, Maxx is one of the most gifted tight ends I've ever seen. He won't just play on Sundays, he'll thrive there.

For what it's worth, I estimate that Maxx owns his block 77.5% of the time, making him a complete player.

No intent to be sarcastic, he's a great blocker. In uneven games, I've focused on him for entire drives. I'd guess about 80% of the time he absolutely owns his blocking assignment.

That is the best catch I've seen from a tight end, ever. (a real tight end, not a WR playing tight end). When he caught it, it didn't even occur to me that it may have been in bounds because so much of his body was out. just incredible.

Assume there is some sarcasm there in regards to the throw....honestly watching it live on TV I said to my kids, "great catch, too bad it wasn't a better throw". Couldn't believe seeing that toe drag on the reply, I don't know how he managed to make that catch and stay in bounds. Have been wanting to see us get the ball to him more then 1-2 times a game for a while, and although he didn't get a ton of yardage those 5 catches he had in this game were huge. Kid is a weapon and needs to be targeted far more often then he has been to this point in the season.

I was yelling at Mitch to hit someone in the right flat who was all alone. Jones, I think. Still didn't think it was good until the first replay. The one at the back of the end zone was pretty sweet also.

So... are we starting a 2nd thread for his 2nd ridiculous catch in the endzone? He even got both feet down.

Oh and meant to say the kid is unbelievably talented. Can't wait to get him on my fantasy team for sundays

I was yelling at Mitch to hit someone in the right flat who was all alone. Jones, I think. Still didn't think it was good until the first replay. The one at the back of the end zone was pretty sweet also.

Fruechte. And he wasn't open at all until his guy left him after the ball was thrown.

Source: watching the replay right now on DVR.

Oh, and until today, I've always hated the crumb rubber in turf...until today.

That is the best catch I've seen from a tight end, ever. (a real tight end, not a WR playing tight end). When he caught it, it didn't even occur to me that it may have been in bounds because so much of his body was out. just incredible.

Same. I was admittedly pretty far from where the play occurred, but I was surprised that they reviewed it because to me it seemed so obviously out of bounds.

Same. I was admittedly pretty far from where the play occurred, but I was surprised that they reviewed it because to me it seemed so obviously out of bounds.

The whole stadium was quiet because no one thought it was even close. Even Maxx's reaction didn't show that he thought he had made the catch.

I did the exact same thing. The played happened right in front of us in section 105 and my immediate reaction was to blame ML. Didn't blame the refs for missing that one initially. What a play. What a game. What a player

The whole stadium was quiet because no one thought it was even close. Even Maxx's reaction didn't show that he thought he had made the catch.

Ya, everyone around me basically said, "Wow, Maxx almost caught that awful throw." Then the replays started going.

I did the exact same thing. The played happened right in front of us in section 105 and my immediate reaction was to blame ML. Didn't blame the refs for missing that one initially. What a play. What a game. What a player

Still marveling at this bit of skill. It looked in real time like it was feet (not inches) overthrown and out of bounds. When I saw the replay I thought "that TE looks like Cris Carter".

Yeah, Maxx didn't complain at all or lobby for a replay, just ran back to the huddle so clearly he wasn't sure if he got the toe down either. Just an amazing play by him.

I thought the TD catch was just as impressive

maxxw.0.gif

RealisticBewitchedBarnacle.gif

The TD would be good on Sundays.

The TD would be good on Sundays.

Yep, got 2 feet in. I think the TD catch was on par though because he fought through a linebacker pressing him 7 yards down field then the safety pass interfering him by grabbing and swiping his arms 2 steps before the ball got there, through all that he still had the concentration to get both feet down.

I did too. When you've got a guy open like that......what are you doing throwing out of bounds?

Great catch. Perfect. The few NFL scouts who were too stupid to know any better..........are now paying attention.

Top Bottom