The Mason-Trestman Connection

Handsome Pete

Wartime Hero Fool
Reaction score
The Mason crowd is rabid for Trestman. I haven't personally heard of a Mason hater that supports Trestman. What is up?

What are you talking about? Mason Haters & Likers & Brewster Haters & Likers have *BOTH* shown Dislike for Trestman...

Mason's teams were worth following on the road. I was in Columbus in 2000 when they beat OSU. I was in Ann Arbor in 2005 when they beat the cornblues. I was in East Lansing in 2006 when they beat Sparty. I was in iowa city in 1999 when they beat the hawkeyes. I was in Champaign and saw the Gophers win big there in the Mason years. I have seen the Gophers win a few times in Evanston under Mason. I have seen Mason beat Oregon in El Paso. I have seen Mason teams beat Arkansas and Alabama in Nashville.

I think I would give up on the program if maturi and prexy b cave in and hire Trestman. I have seen his name mentioned before Wacker was hired...before Mason was hired and before the most recent former coach who was fired after being extended by maturi was hired at the end of 2006.

I have NEVER wanted Trestman to EVER be considered as the head coach of the University of Minnesota. Why? Because I have heard him touted by people like Mark Rosen and some of the other local blow-dry tv commentators, radio people and other assortments of people who are groupies for any former local so-called jocks who had some connection with the nfl in any kind of peon coaching position in that league.

Trestman stays with a team a year or two and he is gone. He is out of job...after job...after job. Let him stay gone. Let him stay affiliated with some kind of pro team. IF he wants to be a part of any games in TCF BANK STADIUM let him buy a ticket from a disgruntled student or scalper.

Did I appreciate Mason Football as opposed to most of Gutey ball, Wacker ball and brewball? You are darn right I did. But, I want NO part of Trestman as coach.

Like my beard?
344706.jpg.31669.0_display_image.jpg

I think I would give up on the program

There's a better chance of Trestman coaching the Gophers in the National Championship Game naked then this happening.

Top Bottom