The Journal: Run/Walk celebration impresses Kill

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per The Journal:

SLEEPY EYE-University of Minnesota football coach Jerry Kill wore a smile, blue jeans and cowboy boots as he walked to the podium with Deb and Scott Hadley at Kaylie & Tyler's 5k Colorful Walk/Run celebration in front of several thousand people Saturday night in Allison Park.

"I'd fit good in Sleepy Eye, driving in my pickup truck with the windows down, playing country music. If every town was like this, the U.S. would be a great place to live," Kill said. "I'm blessed to be here and see what's going on. The rain poured until I got here and the sun was shining. I learned a lot about Kaylie (Hogue) from her mother (Deb Hadley). She taught me a lot and I appreciate it. It made me better. I don't know if I've ever seen a person get up and talk like that in front of all these people. It says something about faith. This is a great day. Kaylie gave us a lot of epilepsy awareness at a difficult time."

Kill said he grew up in a town with 2,000 people. "I'd bale hay, go to school and play football. Sometimes my dad made me miss practice if I misbehaved, but he taught me valuable lessons," Kill said. "I was a walk-on college football player and the first one in my family to go to college. I thought about quitting college but didn't. Since then, I've had a tremendous journey over 31 years. If I can come from that little town and become the University of Minnesota football coach, you can make it too."

Kill said he doesn't consider coaching football "work." "If it becomes work, I'm done coaching. I just want to enjoy it and follow my passion. Even if they fire me from coaching here, the Chasing Dreams Fund will continue for a long time. Keep a smile on your face, don't be too proud to hug each other and tell people you love them. It's important. God bless you and go gophers."

http://www.nujournal.com/page/conte...Walk-celebration-impresses-Kill.html?nav=5009

Go Gophers!!

This guy, Coach Kill, never fails to amaze me with his Philosophy on Life Public Relations messages.

I interpret him as saying, "We may not win every game, but regardless of any abilities we have less than our opponents, they are gonna know we mean business."

Top Bottom