The Insurrection Hearings

Spoofin

Reaction score
Have any of the people arrested pointed to Ray as the reason they entered the Capitol? Surely if he were organizing and directing, someone would at least know his name.
I agree with this. And yet, many on the left continue to pretend this wasn't just a riot, but rather some well organized and planed event. If it was, wouldn't one of those nearly 800 people arrested be naming names?

Spoofin

Reaction score
This Pelosi National Guard thing just keeps getting new air every day.

Ask yourself this question--The President was watching this all on TV, like the rest of us? Why did he take so long to address the situation? It seems many in his orbit were asking him to.

Blaming Pelosi for unpreparedness (she's not actually in charge of that), is another attempt to shift blame--As if having failing to have a better lock on the door is a worse behavior than breaking in.
Dude - 2 separate topics. Trump should have said something sooner. IMO, he incited the riot and should face charges. I'm not sure at all what that has to do with Pelosi (or whoever) turning down the National Guard? This post seems like an attempt to shift blame on your part, TBH.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I didn't say it almost fell that day. Although while it was happening, I was wide-eyed not knowing what was going to happen. The problem is that it isn't over. The threat and effort continues.
I honestly don't even know what that means. The threat of another Capitol riot continues?

GopherJake

Reaction score
I honestly don't even know what that means. The threat of another Capitol riot continues?
The threat of undermining and damaging our election system and the country as a whole. If you think this isn't ripe for something very serious, you are naïve. I doubt it will result in this either, but I am concerned that if things don't change, the ingredients are there. If an alternate slate of electors is brought to the certification - something that was actually entertained and you don't seem to think is concerning - or a Secretary of State "finds" enough votes to swing the vote in a state, all bets are off. All hell could break loose.

Spoofin

Reaction score
The threat of undermining and damaging our election system and the country as a whole. If you think this isn't ripe for something very serious, you are naïve. I doubt it will result in this either, but I am concerned that if things don't change, the ingredients are there. If an alternate slate of electors is brought to the certification - something that was actually entertained and you don't seem to think is concerning - or a Secretary of State "finds" enough votes to swing the vote in a state, all bets are off. All hell could break loose.
Leaving these scenarios (and your assumptions on what I do/don't care about) aside - in an effort to stay on topic - what does this have to do with the riot on J6? Again, J6 was a disgrace. It was an embarrasment. I just don't think it was what so many of you are claiming it was. IMO, it was a riot - not unlike one of the 500 others from 2020 confirmed around the Country that caused $Billions in damage. Almost 800 people charged with crimes from J6 (Good!) - and nothing like what is being claimed has been found or charged. A committee was then formed to find what apperently the FBI couldn't in months of investigating and so far they seem more concerned about what Trump tried to do prior to J6 and FNC hosts. Yet, everyone is still claiming the same. I suspect we won't agree on this topic, so I will leave it like that. No doubt I will be accussed of thinking J6 was "a joke" again now.

Last edited:

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I agree with this. And yet, many on the left continue to pretend this wasn't just a riot, but rather some well organized and planed event. If it was, wouldn't one of those nearly 800 people arrested be naming names?
You would think any decent defense attorney would be on that.

Dunceswithwolves

Reaction score
BGA asks: Why did Pelosi refuse the national guard presence requested by Trump?
>>>>>>>>>>>

My trolling answer to this is -- are you saying that Pelosi told Trump no and he just said okay Nancy you are in charge?

But my real answer is -- to look at various fact checkers and the premise just doesn't check out. It seems that Trump request for "10" was something he claimed after the fact but there's no proof he did.

TRUMP “I recommended 10 but I said do whatever they want, they’re running the Capitol, they know what they’re doing,” Trump says in the video. “And the Capitol police knew about it, she (Pelosi) knew about it, and they turned it down because they said it didn’t look good.”

But Trump’s claim was debunked by fact-checkers in March, after he first made the statement during a Fox News appearance, and it’s still not true. There is no evidence Trump made any formal request about deploying 10,000 National Guard troops before the rally.

- USA Today

Christopher Miller says that he had a conversation with the President the night before with the President saying something that was more -- "wondering aloud" than making a request. So Miller's report seems to confirm that Trump "recommended" but if it was a request (or an order) why didn't Miller act on that?

Wally

Reaction score
Your brain is malfunctioning again. So you disagree with me? Violence was the proper response? What would be the recourse to election fraud, not the courts? You are a fool, but what’s worse is that you have tremendous unearned arrogance. At least CNC has an advanced degree.

No I am fine with going to court.

They went to the courts and got shot down every time, like 50 times or whatever. If you aren't a pos idiot, you call it a day at that point and this shit is over. We are so far beyond going to the courts at this point its absurd.

The sheer number of posts in here tells me we need a few more variants. I am not even going to read them.

Wally

Reaction score

I heard their communications the Oath Keepers were coordinating. They had people guarding a stash of weapons at a hotel. One of the ring leaders was watching coverage while communicating with people on the ground. He was encouraging them to kidnap congresspeople.

They organized and divided up responsibility.
Yea just an average riot.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I heard their communications the Oath Keepers were coordinating. They had people guarding a stash of weapons at a hotel. One of the ring leaders was watching coverage while communicating with people on the ground. He was encouraging them to kidnap congresspeople.

Heard where? That seems pretty damning. I’m sure the charges will be filed soon then?

Wally

Reaction score
Heard where? That seems pretty damning. I’m sure the charges will be filed soon then?

I am pretty sure many of them are or have been charged. Just a little riot.

By then, another far-right, extremist group, the Oath Keepers, was also preparing for Jan. 6. Two days before the riot, the group’s founder and leader, Stewart Rhodes, posted a statement on the Oath Keeper’s website. It read in part:

""It is CRITICAL that all patriots who can be in DC get to DC to stand tall in support of President Trump’s fight to defeat the enemies foreign and domestic who are attempting a coup, through the massive vote fraud and related attacks on our Republic. … [W]e will also have well armed and equipped QRF [quick reaction force] teams on standby, outside DC, in the event of a worst case scenario, where the President calls us up as part of the militia to assist him inside DC. ""

From Jan. 5 through Jan. 7, the Oath Keepers did, in fact, stash an arsenal of firearms and ammunition at the Comfort Inn in Ballston, Va.—about a 15-minute drive from the Capitol—according to an indictment subsequently brought by federal prosecutors.

The Oath Keepers, for their part, acted in an audaciously open, disciplined and military fashion as they allegedly attacked the heart and symbol of our democratic government. At about 2:39 p.m. that day, when about 14 of them allegedly helped force open the building’s Eastern doors near the Capitol Rotunda, they were decked out in full tactical gear, wearing hard-knuckled gloves, tactical vests or “plate carriers,” camo helmets, ballistic goggles, radios with earpieces, gaiters and boots. Certain individuals allegedly carried bear spray or a coil of paracord. The spectacle of at least 12 Oath Keepers maneuvering up the Capitol steps in “stack formation”—each holding the shoulder of the cadre in front of him or her—became an indelible symbol of the insurrection.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I am pretty sure many of them are or have been charged. Just a little riot.

By then, another far-right, extremist group, the Oath Keepers, was also preparing for Jan. 6. Two days before the riot, the group’s founder and leader, Stewart Rhodes, posted a statement on the Oath Keeper’s website. It read in part:

""It is CRITICAL that all patriots who can be in DC get to DC to stand tall in support of President Trump’s fight to defeat the enemies foreign and domestic who are attempting a coup, through the massive vote fraud and related attacks on our Republic. … [W]e will also have well armed and equipped QRF [quick reaction force] teams on standby, outside DC, in the event of a worst case scenario, where the President calls us up as part of the militia to assist him inside DC. ""

From Jan. 5 through Jan. 7, the Oath Keepers did, in fact, stash an arsenal of firearms and ammunition at the Comfort Inn in Ballston, Va.—about a 15-minute drive from the Capitol—according to an indictment subsequently brought by federal prosecutors.

The Oath Keepers, for their part, acted in an audaciously open, disciplined and military fashion as they allegedly attacked the heart and symbol of our democratic government. At about 2:39 p.m. that day, when about 14 of them allegedly helped force open the building’s Eastern doors near the Capitol Rotunda, they were decked out in full tactical gear, wearing hard-knuckled gloves, tactical vests or “plate carriers,” camo helmets, ballistic goggles, radios with earpieces, gaiters and boots. Certain individuals allegedly carried bear spray or a coil of paracord. The spectacle of at least 12 Oath Keepers maneuvering up the Capitol steps in “stack formation”—each holding the shoulder of the cadre in front of him or her—became an indelible symbol of the insurrection.

Sorry pal - we all know these far-right groups were there and a big part of the J6 riot. You offered proof (audio recordings) that they planned and executed the riot and an attempt to kidnap congressmen. If that existed, they would be charged with that. Period. Not charged with what they have been. Communicating during a riot? Hardly the same thing. Organized groups communicated at most riots this summer - I remember reading about it in MPLS too. These guys are d-bags, but I’m still looking for where you heard this recording.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Also, it seems that you are arguing that what makes this riot unique is that a politically motivated group went looking for trouble and ultimately played a key role in that happening. That basically describes the summer of 2020.

Take Portland for example. How is that (extreme political group stoking the fire) different than what happened in Portland? How was the result (violence, destruction, intimidation, death) any different? More of it all in Portland which went on for months, but there are far more similarities than differences. The only differences I can see are location, the opposite political motivation, and that you mock and make fun of one as no big deal while getting upset when others aren’t outraged enough for your liking on the other.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Has anyone seen Ray Epps, who was encouraging everyone to enter the capitol? He was wanted by the FBI the next dayfor this, but then it was dropped. Ray is walking around freely today. A 70 year old grandma who was on the grounds is locked up though. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Many in the crowd were yelling FED, FED, FED, FED at him. Those videos have all but disappeared.

It's all so interesting. I'd bet $100 that he was FBI

Maybe he's on the lame with this character (he can never be found) -

1642081179509.png

Section2

Reaction score
No I am fine with going to court.

They went to the courts and got shot down every time, like 50 times or whatever. If you aren't a pos idiot, you call it a day at that point and this shit is over. We are so far beyond going to the courts at this point its absurd.

The sheer number of posts in here tells me we need a few more variants. I am not even going to read them.
So you completely agree with my point yet shit on it and laughed at it because you’re a big thinker.

scools12

Reaction score
The leftists are literally trying to federalize all elections to turn the country into a one party ruled state which of course they would be the one party ruling. Yet according to the leftists the right-wing is the threat to democracy.

The only people who believe this nonsense is the brainwashed leftist flock of sheep. Actual normal thinking people see right through this 💩.

kg21

Reaction score
The leftists are literally trying to federalize all elections to turn the country into a one party ruled state which of course they would be the one party ruling. Yet according to the leftists the right-wing is the threat to democracy.

The only people who believe this nonsense is the brainwashed leftist flock of sheep. Actual normal thinking people see right through this 💩.
Basically, the loonies are saying all previous elections were unfair and racist.

Using this logic, I really don't know of a legit president we've ever had.

Last edited:

FormerFatOL

Reaction score

LOL. The article leads with "A year after the Jan. 6 storming of the Capitol" but doesn't mention the months of violent leftist riots leading up to it, the sketchy wholesale last minute changes to election rules for the worse, the current leftist election legislation being proposed, the draconian authoritarian COVID response rules implemented by blue state cities, the massive censorship by leftist big tech, nor the current old senile President that basically yells at Americans every time he speaks. Those have nothing to do with the current divisiveness.

bga1

Reaction score

The rule of the left: What they accuse their opponents of doing....is what the left is ACTUALLY doing.

USAF

Reaction score
LOL. The article leads with "A year after the Jan. 6 storming of the Capitol" but doesn't mention the months of violent leftist riots leading up to it, the sketchy wholesale last minute changes to election rules for the worse, the current leftist election legislation being proposed, the draconian authoritarian COVID response rules implemented by blue state cities, the massive censorship by leftist big tech, nor the current old senile President that basically yells at Americans every time he speaks. Those have nothing to do with the current divisiveness.
Hey, get yourself checked for CTE. Seriously.

Wally

Reaction score

Here is Republican fake democracy laid bare.

REPUBLICANS WIN FEWER VOTES, BUT MORE SEATS THAN DEMOCRATS

Republicans got 49% of the votes but won 72% of the seats.
Democrats got 50% of the vote but only 28% of the seats

Pennsylvania was typical of those states where Republicans benefited in 2012 from the decennial redrawing of congressional district lines. Democratic candidates drew more than half of the total votes cast statewide for the U.S. House last fall, but Republicans won nearly three–quarters (13 of 18) of Pennsylvania’s congressional seats. The GOP–controlled state government approved a map that packed Democratic votes into the five districts that they carried, where the party’s candidates posted winning percentages ranging from 60% to 89% of the total vote. Meanwhile, the Republican vote was spread more broadly, with nine of the GOP winners drawing less than 60% of the vote in their districts.

Evil is what you are.

Blizzard

Reaction score
And he was so unimportant that the J6 committee called on him to give his story.....

I'm sure Oath Keeper guy is probably a scumbag but this sounds familiar doesn't it but Rhodes was charged with seditious conspiracy while Epps gets a 'hey, thanks for stopping by and talking to us.'

Rhodes is charged along with more than a dozen other members and associates of the Oath Keepers, who authorities say came to Washington intent on stopping the certification of President Joe Biden’s victory.

Rhodes did not enter the Capitol building on Jan. 6 but is accused of helping put into motion the violence that disrupted the certification of the vote.

scools12

Reaction score
I'm sure Oath Keeper guy is probably a scumbag but this sounds familiar doesn't it but Rhodes was charged with seditious conspiracy while Epps gets a 'hey, thanks for stopping by and talking to us.'
Not really a surprise as the leftist base has been clamoring for someone to be charged as such for the last year. AG Garland pretty much tipped has hand a week or so ago when he basically signaled to the base be patient.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Leaving these scenarios (and your assumptions on what I do/don't care about) aside - in an effort to stay on topic - what does this have to do with the riot on J6?
1/6 wasn't just about that day.

Are you unaware of what the riot was about? It wasn't a bunch of dickwads taking advantage of a situation to steal a food processor from a Target or burn some shit. There was a goal in mind. That goal was being schemed and plotted about by grass roots folks all the way up to the very top of our government, including - in fact led by - the president of the United States. Those are undisputed facts.

Wally

Reaction score
1/6 wasn't just about that day.

Are you unaware of what the riot was about? It wasn't a bunch of dickwads taking advantage of a situation to steal a food processor from a Target or burn some shit. There was a goal in mind. That goal was being schemed and plotted about by grass roots folks all the way up to the very top of our government, including - in fact led by - the president of the United States. Those are undisputed facts.

Spoof says it's the same as the criminals who took advantage of the BLM protests to loot and burn. Those looters were definitely trying to effect political change.
🙄🙄🙄🙄🤣🤣🤣🤣

Top Bottom