The Insurrection Hearings

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Political theatre.
As lefties would say “hand picked witnesses”. Completely stacked deck designed to blame Trump and Republicans, and to continue to feed the narrative that these rioters are representative of all Trump supporters and most conservatives.

I watched very little of the hearings, but what I did hear was 2 things 1) a description of what happened to these officers in battling with some knuckleheads (fine, good to know) and 2) lots of negative opinions about Republican politicians and interpretations of political differences (I don’t care about their opinions).

It appears that the left only likes law enforcement that protects them and not law enforcement that protects the general public.

BTW, imo, this backfires on the Democrats. I think they may be successful in damaging Trump to the extent that he loses support with Republican voters. Trump will have polls determine whether he runs for re-election. If he sees that he can’t win, he’ll support someone like DeSantis.

Probably not the message that the GH Trump supporters will agree with, but I’m ready to move on.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
But you'll deflect anyway, and defend the insurrectionists and all things R.
I won’t be defending any “insurrectionists”. This wasn’t an insurrection. It was a ignorant, out-of-control protest turned riot within the Capitol. Those responsible should be held accountable, but the idiots that just walked around the Capitol without violence should be only convicted of trespassing and minor offenses.

I’m able to differentiate, unlike you.

scools12

Reaction score
Well Blizzard, thats ridiculous. Cops at BLM demonstrations were not threatened and in some cases beaten with clubs and rebar and flag poles.
This is literally one of the most ignorant posts ever to appear on this board. It’s actually pure insanity to post such nonsense.

bga1

Reaction score
This is literally one of the most ignorant posts ever to appear on this board. It’s actually pure insanity to post such nonsense.
Not one person on the left would call it out if you didn't. They move in lockstep.

golfing18now

Reaction score
I won’t defend any of the idiots that participated in Jan 6th but I’m having a hard time following along whether I’m supposed to despise all cops for being systematically racist or revere them for stopping an insurrection. I imagine it’s a tough tap dance for some.

BarnBurner

Banned
Reaction score
From a friend:

As a young boy born in the early 70's I drank directly from the garden hose, tasted mud pie, played kick the can, and brought my bike home at dark. I rode in the bed of dad's pickup truck, went trick or treating with my friends, celebrated Christmas at school with our small town, stored my .22 rifle in my locker for gun safety training. I was taught to respect a police officer, teacher, man of the Bible and the United States flag. I stood, removed my ball cap, saluted or crossed my heart, I reserved kneeling for praying.
If I became misguided or foul mouthed I ate soap, stood in the corner and went to bed without supper. My dad wasn't my best friend, he was my dad.
I was a boy scout where I was taught how to tie cool knots, build a fire, camp in the great outdoors and do good by others for a cool patch.
Once again when I was wrong I was spanked, grounded and scolded until I could get it right. We repeated this until a stubborn boy learned right from wrong. The tears of a young boy are miniscule versus the pain of a lost man.
I played sports and was taught winning comes from dedicated practice and commitment. I was taught losing is far better than quitting.
Most importantly I was taught that as an American I shall forever be indebted to the greatest country on earth. Family served this country, friends died for my opportunities, Privilege was being cloaked in the red, white and blue.
I may not always agree with the direction we're heading, but I believe greatness shall always prevail!!

Spoofin

Reaction score
Liz Chaney is showing the exact grandstanding efforts I was expecting. Those responsible are being held accountable, Liz. What exactly do you think the FBI charging 591 people and counting is?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I won’t defend any of the idiots that participated in Jan 6th but I’m having a hard time following along whether I’m supposed to despise all cops for being systematically racist or revere them for stopping an insurrection. I imagine it’s a tough tap dance for some.
It’s been an interesting couple of months. Ill go with the testimony of the officers combo with the body cams and see if they line up. It seems in this case they do. In the case of John Thompson, the officers body cam made the officer look good too.

scools12

Reaction score
Liz Chaney is showing the exact grandstanding efforts I was expecting. Those responsible are being held accountable, Liz. What exactly do you think the FBI charging 591 people and counting is?
It’s all political theater.

A committee handpicked by Pelosi that includes Adam (I Have Evidence) Schiff should not be taken seriously.

bga1

Reaction score
It’s been an interesting couple of months. Ill go with the testimony of the officers combo with the body cams and see if they line up. It seems in this case they do. In the case of John Thompson, the officers body cam made the officer look good too.
You'd go with a donkey if it was left leaning.

FormerFatOL

Reaction score
As lefties would say “hand picked witnesses”. Completely stacked deck designed to blame Trump and Republicans, and to continue to feed the narrative that these rioters are representative of all Trump supporters and most conservatives.

I watched very little of the hearings, but what I did hear was 2 things 1) a description of what happened to these officers in battling with some knuckleheads (fine, good to know) and 2) lots of negative opinions about Republican politicians and interpretations of political differences (I don’t care about their opinions).

It appears that the left only likes law enforcement that protects them and not law enforcement that protects the general public.

BTW, imo, this backfires on the Democrats. I think they may be successful in damaging Trump to the extent that he loses support with Republican voters. Trump will have polls determine whether he runs for re-election. If he sees that he can’t win, he’ll support someone like DeSantis.

Probably not the message that the GH Trump supporters will agree with, but I’m ready to move on.

I'm ready to move on, hopefully for a new candidate that keeps a more populist platform than prior country club neocon Repubs, but would still vote for him against the eventual modern authoritarian leftist party candidate if that's the choice.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I'm ready to move on, hopefully for a new candidate that keeps a more populist platform than prior country club neocon Repubs, but would still vote for him against the eventual modern authoritarian leftist party candidate if that's the choice.
Agree. I just don’t think it will work out unless Biden/Harris keep screwing up everything that they touch. Even a broken clock will get it right twice a day, but I’m not sure Biden is that good.

PhiloVance

Reaction score
It’s all political theater.

A committee handpicked by Pelosi that includes Adam (I Have Evidence) Schiff should not be taken seriously.
All nine members of the Jan. 6 select committee voted to impeach Trump.

golf

Reaction score

Counting on the people of Wyoming to do the right thing. Cheney needs a career change.

stocker08

Reaction score
Cheney is fighting for the republican party. Unfortunately.....too many of the "moderates" are far too hysteric to realize it. But keep bashing and overreacting about the dems guys. Ignore the fact that half (or more) of the party is Trump/stolen election and Q. Don't be surprised when Trump is the candidate in 2024 and does nothing but complain and air his grievances. Because the dems can have a completely uninspiring four years here, nominate another dud, and run away with the election when ACTUAL moderates run from the Q Trump machine.

And instead of blaming yourselves and the idiot representatives that chose to stroke his ego when they had a chance to break away clean....you'll play victim again, make excuses, and blame everyone else.

FormerFatOL

Reaction score
Cheney is fighting for the republican party. Unfortunately.....too many of the "moderates" are far too hysteric to realize it. But keep bashing and overreacting about the dems guys. Ignore the fact that half (or more) of the party is Trump/stolen election and Q. Don't be surprised when Trump is the candidate in 2024 and does nothing but complain and air his grievances. Because the dems can have a completely uninspiring four years here, nominate another dud, and run away with the election when ACTUAL moderates run from the Q Trump machine.

And instead of blaming yourselves and the idiot representatives that chose to stroke his ego when they had a chance to break away clean....you'll play victim again, make excuses, and blame everyone else.

Pshaw. You're kidding, right? The Cheneys need to stick to cashing their crony capitalist Halliburton dividend checks.

Blizzard

Reaction score
Cheney is fighting for the republican party.

Can we have a show of hands for those who would like stocker08 to come over to our side?

Top Bottom