The Insurrection Hearings

OldBob53

Banned
Reaction score
The 4 assaulted officers' testimonies is gripping, and they represent about a hundred others also injured or in one or two cases killed.

My question is, why didn't they fire their weapons? If you try beating a cop with a baseball bat, as in one case Jan.. 6, he's going to draw his gun and kill you, right? You are threatening his life.

Blizzard

Reaction score
My question is, why didn't they fire their weapons? If you try beating a cop with a baseball bat, as in one case Jan.. 6, he's going to draw his gun and kill you, right? You are threatening his life.

I personally wish that during the black lives matter protests, that went on for months, that this would have been the tactic. Alas.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Anything, ANYTHING to keep the focus off of the current Prez and anything he might say on camera that is off-script or unapproved, or God forbid, he actually attempts to address any current issue at all whatsoever

USAF

Reaction score
Anything, ANYTHING to keep the focus off of the current Prez and anything he might say on camera that is off-script or unapproved, or God forbid, he actually attempts to address any current issue at all whatsoever
Anything, ANYTHING to get the focus off the attempt to overturn a presidential election by Trump and fellow insurrectionists.

OldBob53

Banned
Reaction score
So why didn't the officers bludgeoned with flagpoles and bats etc. shoot the bastards? Im not saying they were cowards, probably the opposite, but ordinarily cops draw and fire if they are even threatened with some kind of weapon.

Blizzard

Reaction score
So why didn't the officers bludgeoned with flagpoles and bats etc. shoot the bastards? Im not saying they were cowards, probably the opposite, but ordinarily cops draw and fire if they are even threatened with some kind of weapon.

I agree. I think they should have mown people down with automatic weapons during the black lives matter riots.

OldBob53

Banned
Reaction score
That's how they keep sheep like Howie in the flock. Censorship.
I agree. I think they should have mown people down with automatic weapons during the black lives matter riots.
Well Blizzard, thats ridiculous. Cops at BLM demonstrations were not threatened and in some cases beaten with clubs and rebar and flag poles.

Also, obviously, Im only suggesting the individuals who did assault and threaten the lives of officers at the Capitol might ought to have been shot dead.

If I'd been there as an officer they would have been. Anyone, maybe especially a police officer is entitled to self defense.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Well Blizzard, thats ridiculous. Cops at BLM demonstrations were not threatened and in some cases beaten with clubs and rebar and flag poles.
Jeezus H, Bob... are you for real? There's no possible way on earth that you believe this

LesBolstad

Reaction score

Also, obviously, Im only suggesting the individuals who did assault and threaten the lives of officers at the Capitol might ought to have been shot dead.

If I'd been there as an officer they would have been. Anyone, maybe especially a police officer is entitled to self defense.

Haha Old Boob with one of the most preposterous statements in GH history! Well done

dbag.jpg

BarnBurner

Reaction score

howeda7

Reaction score
That's how they keep sheep like Howie in the flock. Censorship.
It doesn't work. I still get the Real Truth from reliable level-headed sources like you.

Blizzard

Reaction score

I think other people have already pointed out your error, so I'll leave that alone.

Anyone, maybe especially a police officer is entitled to self defense.

No. Actually, they aren't anymore. They're told to stand down.

Go4Broke

Reaction score

Here's what the officers testifying said they want the Jan. 6 committee to investigate

DC Metropolitan Police Officer Michael Fanone asked the committee to investigate the organizing of Donald Trump's "stop the steal" rally and the "violent political rhetoric" leading up to and during the event.He said that "the time, the place, and the circumstances of that rally, that rhetoric, and those events to me leads in the direction of our president," referring to former President Trump, "and other members" of Congress and the Senate. He called for the committee to conduct "an investigation into those actions and activities which may have resulted in the events of Jan. 6," and whether or not there was "a collaboration between those members, their staff, and these terrorists."

DC Metropolitan Police Officer Daniel Hodges said that he thought Fanone "hit the nail on the head." He called on the committee to uncover if "anyone in power" coordinated, tried to downplay, or tried to prevent the investigation of "this terrorist attack." "As patrol officers, we can only deal with the crimes that happen on the streets, the misdemeanors and occasionally the violent felonies, but you guys are the only ones we've got to deal with crimes that occur above us. I need you guys to address if anyone in power had a role in this," he said.

US Capitol Police Officer Harry Dunn said he echoed the sentiment of the other officers and added that a "hitman" sent the insurrectionists to the Capitol that day. "There was an attack carried out on Jan. 6, and a hitman sent them. I want you to get to the bottom of that," Dunn said.

Finally, US Capitol Police Sgt. Aquilino Gonell asked the members of the committee to give law enforcement the "tools" to prevent future attacks like Jan. 6. "I would also for you to give us the tools, or at least the things we need to continue to protect you guys. I think that's essential," he said. "We still have security measures from 20 years ago that had to go. We need to reinvent the wheel and change that, but only you guys have the power to authorize that," he told the committee.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-n...g-07-27-21/h_bf3627bd2890be3a1900dc0da8b25e98

OldBob53

Banned
Reaction score
One testifying officer was dragged a couple hundred feet into the mob or rabid walking dead and they had him down, were beating him with misc. clubs and shouted, "Get his gun, shoot him with own gun".

He thought about using it but thought that would make it easier for them to get it or something I guess. Damn, they're going to knock you unconcious and get it anyway, so maybe try to empty it on them.

As it turned out he did the right thing because 3 or 4 still marginally sane guys nearby intervened and dragged him back to police lines.

FormerFatOL

Reaction score
One testifying officer was dragged a couple hundred feet into the mob or rabid walking dead and they had him down, were beating him with misc. clubs and shouted, "Get his gun, shoot him with own gun".

He thought about using it but thought that would make it easier for them to get it or something I guess. Damn, they're going to knock you unconcious and get it anyway, so maybe try to empty it on them.

As it turned out he did the right thing because 3 or 4 still marginally sane guys nearby intervened and dragged him back to police lines.

Thank goodness he's still alive to speak eloquently about it....unlike other BLM/Antifa cop victims.

bga1

Reaction score

Antifa

Top Bottom