The Illini challenge

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
Last year the Illini had their way and rolled up 462 yards in the air and 550 total yds. We won because our guys came up with big plays and took advantage of Illini turnovers. WVD strip of Juice, Illini fumble on their 7, Eskridge 46 yd TD run, etc. Simmons had a very good game at CB.

The D Coco's will have a huge challenge as Illini lit up Michigan. Both teams have had inconsistent QB play but, IF both Weber and Juice keep rolling, this game has shoot out written all over it. If one shows up and the other doesn't, it could be a laugher. Or if both don't, it will be an ugly W for one or the other.

This game is a tough one to pick and it could come down to TCF.

On paper I agree it looks that way. And we have a long history of catching teams right after they decide to stop playing crappy. OTOH, I wouldn't read too much into Illinois' victory. They beat a lousy Michigan team at home that appears to have given up playing for dickrod. The last TD IL scored when they were just trying to run out the clock was laughable.

This week the Illini are on the road. Now we're not worldbeaters, but if we can come out hot and remind Juice & Co. that they suck this could be our easiest win of the year. The keys will be not coming out of the tunnel cold, and then stepping on their necks when we have them down. An instinct that this team has yet to demonstrate.

A quick start again and a big lead. That should help remember that Illinois has little to play for and any momentum they have is squashed. However, my gut is this game is much closer than we like but we squeeze out a narrow win. I would think a defensive TD or a turnover with a very short field TD could be the difference maker.

Top Bottom