The Hole

CP Gopher

Reaction score
Is this the former Leaning Tower of Pizza?
I ate there the other night. Very good burger. Went with wife during happy hour and spent $25 (including tip) for two decent meals and two beers. The people we were with had pizza, which I sampled and was quite tasty. Looks like a great pregame spot. Lots of HD screens and roomy.
Anyone else been there?

yep, been there twice. the HH is very wallet friendly. The service was a little slow but still better than that awful arby's across the street next to the plasma center.

I thought this was the Hole but the pizza is lousy here.

I thought this was the Hole but the pizza is lousy here.

My assumption was that this place was being run by the same owner and that he was just re-branding it as more of bar and less of a Pizza joint. I'd be curious to know if this is in fact a completely new operation.

The owner was an Iranian/ Persian guy who I have spoken to in the past before games, and I would be a bit sad if he was out of the picture. I tried to engage him in discussions about life under the the Shah vs. the current radical Mullahs in Iran, but he preferred to just tell me how much he loved America and being free. My impression was that living under the Shah was much better than living the radical Islamic dictators, but most of the Iranian immigrants I have met are more accepting of the Mullahs than I would expect.

Anyway, I thought the LTP was an under-rated pregame stop for those of us driving in from St. Paul who happened to know where to score a free parking street areas nearby within a few blocks of the stadium who needed a few drinks before kickoff.

They also used to have a real great parking deal that involved getting paid back for the parking fee with free drink/ food vouchers that was a 100 percent payback. Any time I drove in late and wanted get 20 dollars of drinks, park for essentially free, and get into the stadium within 30 minutes of kickoff, this was the place.

I ordered the LTP Pizzas to go a few times as well and they were more than good.

PS. I have been going to TCF since day one, and I yet to pay for a parking spot, other than the few times I have tailgated in the grassy lot to remained unmentioned next to the Mississippi River.

Leaning Tower-Pizza!

Yeah, I used to live a few blocks from there. Bartenders were really worthless & would gaurantee you slow service if you did not tip them $5.00 every time you ordered a beer. Food is so-so. But during game days they will do well even if the service is crappy! Go Gophers!!

Tried to stop by Saturday afternoon about 3:00. Closed. Not "shuttered-the-doors-closed" just not open for business at that time.

Was there not a bar back in the late 90's (like 97') in dinkytown that was called "the hole"? It apperently closed down due to serving miners to many times....wonder if they are trying again?

Was there not a bar back in the late 90's (like 97') in dinkytown that was called "the hole"? It apperently closed down due to serving miners to many times....wonder if they are trying again?

Were the lights on their hats distracting the bartenders? :)

Were the lights on their hats distracting the bartenders? :)

zoolander-blacklung.jpg

Top Bottom