The headline in the Sunday paper will read?...

Gophers Shuck Huskers. Huskers Now Chasing Troy in Recruiting Race

Doormat Nebby hires Harsin after another loss.

Mo of the Same, Ibrahim's Streak Continues in Gopher Win

Mo, Mo and mo Mo!
Gophers take air out of the ball stuffing Ibrahim down Husker’s throats.

Kitzman's record falls - Ibrahim runs ball 58 times in Win over Huskers
I feel PJ could go both ways...he is sensitive, so he might dial back Mo on the carries.
But he is also stubborn, if it takes 58 carries to get 100 yards we'll see it. Most sure thing is the Gophers will try to get Mo over a 100 yards.

"Win over Rutgers Nebraska doesn’t mean Gophers have fixed three key problem areas"

Just put that old guy who rants about their losses from his toilet on the STrib home page with no headline. Nobody gets the actual fishwrap anymore.

I feel PJ could go both ways...he is sensitive, so he might dial back Mo on the carries.
But he is also stubborn, if it takes 58 carries to get 100 yards we'll see it. Most sure thing is the Gophers will try to get Mo over a 100 yards.
Getting Mo over 100--ideally to 150--is the foundation of every offensive game plan this year. Could be worse. We'll win a lot of games that way. We'll need a new offensive identity next year.

So what was the headline in today's Strib?

Above the fold "Houston wins Game 6 and Series" on the left. "Back up Answers Call" on the right

Gophers Call 50 Pass Plays: Lose 38-17 As Huskers House 3 Pick 6s

Gophers Fans Rejoice Over Vertical Attack, “Wins Are Secondary” Common Post-Game Assessment
"2nd Half Passing Attack Proves Crucial In Comeback; Spermophilus Status As Massive Dink Confirmed"

"2nd Half Passing Attack Proves Crucial In Comeback; Spermophilus Status As Massive Dink Confirmed"
You realize I do Bleed’s headline bit every week as an homage to my friends at The Onion and an old teacher who loves puns.

For the record, I am excited to see #8 in there, and his performance yesterday my made my point to everyone screaming to pass last week with Tanner behind center.

Thanks for playing!

Top Bottom