The Gophers win their first game of the year tomorrow

Gold Rush

Reaction score
So far, I have been dead on with my Gopher picks and I am fairly confident on this one, too.
Last week I was telling everyone to take Maryland +20.5 over the Gophers and bet the max possible.

The Gophers will come out this week and there is no doubt in my mind they take this one 38-27.
Take it to the bank. This time the offense lights up the porous Illini Defense and the Gopher defense plays its best game of the year. (Which isn't saying too much!)

This is a must win game for the Gophers and letting a bad Maryland team steal one away last week should get their attention they need to drastically step it up. .

I think Illinois is more likely to score 27 by halftime than for the Gophers to hold them to 27 over 4 quarters.

Agreed. There is too much talent on this roster to not have a breakthrough at some point.

Well, to be precise, we did already win a game this year, so we've got that going for us...

YES, Gophers 35 the other team 24

Agreed. There is too much talent on this roster to not have a breakthrough at some point.
Shouldn’t take a breakthrough to beat the worst team in the B1G who may also be down to their 4th string QB.

I want to see a 86-14 type of game to get me excited. Anything less I’ll be underwhelmed. If we lose again, eh...not surprised or upset anymore 😆

I fully expect the gophers to lose this game. I want them to win.

I fully expect the gophers to lose this game. I want them to win.

Agreed.

The Gophers were playing what people claim is the worst team in the Big Ten in Maryland last week and were supposed to win by 20+. They couldn’t even win the freaking game.

You’re going to tell me that suddenly Minnesota will suddenly beat Illinois? Yeah right. The Gophers are the worst team in the conference if not close to the country.

Agreed.

The Gophers were playing what people claim is the worst team in the Big Ten in Maryland last week and were supposed to win by 20+. They couldn’t even win the freaking game.

You’re going to tell me that suddenly Minnesota will suddenly beat Illinois? Yeah right. The Gophers are the worst team in the conference if not close to the country.

I won’t say that. They have good players. I think the schemes are major issues.

Good call, OP!

The part about Maryland being a bad team may prove to be false, though. Fair disclosure: I was definitely convinced that the Terps were a bad team, just like you.

Now I'm not so sure...

Agreed.

Yes -- that is exactly what I said......oh ye of little faith!!

Good call, OP!

The part about Maryland being a bad team may prove to be false, though. Fair disclosure: I was definitely convinced that the Terps were a bad team, just like you.

Now I'm not so sure...
I think the Gophers really needed a couple tune up non-conference games to get ready for the season to get a lot of new defensive starters some playing time but due to covid they had to be ready to go from day one and that just didn't happen. They looked a lot better today!!

You are right about Maryland - they are a LOT better than advertised, especially offensively. Just ask Penn St.!!!

Top Bottom