The Gophers Need Another Flagship Station

Yeah, I get that Gold Vision. They do take Vikings football very seriously but anything else (Wolves, Twins, Gophers...) is unlistenable.

They take Vikings seriously because Hawkey is a gameday producer and obviously everyone on the show are huge Viking fans. Corey Cove (Sludge) is a huge T-Wolves fan and has pretty good takes on them, but they hardly get any time of day because they are the T-Wolves (probably will pick up steam as the NBA season rolls along). Wild and Gophers are really just afterthoughts and they'll donate few segments a week to them (Gophers get segments with Fargo Flash and when Gaardsy joins). Like Gold Vision said, Fargo Flash has his idiotic moments as well. Gaardsy does a pretty good job of passing info along, and that's obviously because he's the sideline guy so he gets pretty good time within the program's confines.

All that said, if you are listening to the PowerTrip morning show for sports takes, then you are on the wrong dial.

My opinion, with SuperStar, they were the best morning show we had since the old KQ' morning show (late 90's). Still the best locally, but not for sports.

Rating don't lie, people love KFAN.
If the Gophers want exposure and to grow popularity, KFAN is the place to do it. If all you want are yes men that don't ever speak a bad word about the program, let's just take it back to WCCO and grow our grey hair demographic.

What ratings are you talking about? Better than 1500 which isn't saying much.

I enjoy the KFAN morning show - but it is only marginally for the sports. I live out of town, so it is my main source of information outside of Gopherhole for local coverage. Mike & Mike are on at the same time - I tend to flip back and forth - using my phone for KFAN and my radio for the national program. Whichever has the more interesting topic is where I will listen on my drive to work. Sometimes I enjoy the BS on Power Trip more than some random national story. The hosts are about my age, so I relate to them quite a bit... and Hawkey is big on the Vikes, whom I also cheer for, and he is big on music that I also enjoy. It works for me - but, I can certainly understand anyone who thinks it is garbage. It happens to be garbage up my alley. And it is more sex jokes than fart jokes.

Top Bottom