The Gopher's D must shine

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
This game situation calls for the best effort of the year by the Gopher D. Same with the ST's after a less than stellar performance against SDSU. Without it, this could be another humiliating performance.

I hold very little confidence that our offense can get it done against the Hogeye D which is one of the best in the BT and has made many huge plays. I have walked away from TCF the last two games extremely disappointed with Weber and the offense. Sure Gray has run the ball well but has shown very little when he has been given the chance to throw the ball (45% completion rate). Maybe the cerebral OC staff has discovered a pass play or two that Gray can be successful with ala the first play against MSU. And they will finally give Gray a chance. Or maybe not!

The hope has to rest with the D but Iowa will be tough to contain. Theret and Royston must step up and cover Moliaki who is the best TE in the BT. And their WR's are talented. Yikes! Maybe McKinley will finally have a big game and get in Vandenbergs grill for a change. If I were Iowa, I would throw the ball 40 times or more.

My confidence level is low on all fronts and and I will stick with my Iowa 30-6 call.

I find myself very excited for this game and miss not being at Kinnick for the first time since 99. Iowa has owned the Gophers & the pig for way too long. Enuf said!

Last Chance...

for a complete performance in all areas in the regular season.

I love Gopher football and am glad the Bitter End Club was retired after only one year...

However, I still don't know what Gopher team will show up from game to game...which is not that different than in the previous regimeS.

A win today in Kinnick would be a significant event for the program. Period.

I am realistic but hopeful...as I am before every first kickoff...

It would be great to see Floyd in the trophy case once again.

Go Gophers! Beat Iowa!

for a complete performance in all areas in the regular season.

I love Gopher football and am glad the Bitter End Club was retired after only one year...

However, I still don't know what Gopher team will show up from game to game...which is not that different than in the previous regimeS.

A win today in Kinnick would be a significant event for the program. Period.

I am realistic but hopeful...as I am before every first kickoff...

It would be great to see Floyd in the trophy case once again.

Go Gophers! Beat Iowa!

This game situation calls for the best effort of the year by the Gopher D. Same with the ST's after a less than stellar performance against SDSU. Without it, this could be another humiliating performance.

I hold very little confidence that our offense can get it done against the Hogeye D which is one of the best in the BT and has made many huge plays. I have walked away from TCF the last two games extremely disappointed with Weber and the offense. Sure Gray has run the ball well but has shown very little when he has been given the chance to throw the ball (45% completion rate). Maybe the cerebral OC staff has discovered a pass play or two that Gray can be successful with ala the first play against MSU. And they will finally give Gray a chance. Or maybe not!

The hope has to rest with the D but Iowa will be tough to contain. Theret and Royston must step up and cover Moliaki who is the best TE in the BT. And their WR's are talented. Yikes! Maybe McKinley will finally have a big game and get in Vandenbergs grill for a change. If I were Iowa, I would throw the ball 40 times or more.

My confidence level is low on all fronts and and I will stick with my Iowa 30-6 call.

I find myself very excited for this game and miss not being at Kinnick for the first time since 99. Iowa has owned the Gophers & the pig for way too long. Enuf said!

I agree with both. IF we can have a complete game we have a chance if Iowa has some turnovers. If not, there is not reason for much confidence. Makes me ill knowing how long Floyd has been in Iowa. Go Gophers!

Hey Butch...

At least you and your son won't have to listen to me and Mrs. Billd making our racket the whole game this week!:rolleyes:

Go Gophers! Free Floyd with a Win!

Great job D!! Iowa can be had. Even with a ho=hum second half by the O if the D can hang in there.

The D is gonna get worn down at this rate since the Offense is doing nothing.......

Top Bottom