THE GOPHERS BEAT UP ON UMD

stevenmgr

Reaction score
I thought that the Game went well for the first game. I thought Tubby Smith was able to look at a bunch of different combos of players. I do like this Gopher team this year. The team is jelling at the start of a season that has been delt a tough off the court hardships. The game VS UMD was good for the Gophers because they could focuse on Basketball.

http://stevenssports.blogspot.com/2009/11/university-of-minnesota-mens-basketball_06.html

Just one question. Did Joseph play the 1 last night even for a few minutes? If so, how did he look in that position?

Joseph

Devoe did play point guard when he first entered the game in the first half. When he entered the game in the second half he went in at shooting guard with Cobbs at point guard.

Based on what I saw last night, it seems that Devoe will move back to the shooting guard slot for the most part, which is his natural position. Of course, a lot of that depends upon how Cobbs fares as a back up to Nolen. Devoe just seems more comfortable at the two-slot, which is what we were told when he was recruited initially. And if Cobbs proves to be even halfway productive playing behind Nolen, that will free up Devoe to play the two, a position in which I think he can flourish.

Top Bottom