The Gazette: 5 Things: Iowa vs Minnesota (1. Anything you can mad, I can mad madder)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per The Gazette:

1. Anything you can mad, I can mad madder
“Ultimately we didn’t play well enough, we didn’t coach well enough, and Northwestern did a better job today.”

That was in Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz’s opening statement after the Hawkeyes’ 38-31 loss to the Wildcats.

“I’ve never felt good at halftime. It’s a matter of you have to keep playing This is a tough conference; 10 points is nothing. You have to play hard for four quarters.”

That was Minnesota head coach Tracy Claeys, when asked about halftime adjustments (hold that thought) in the Gophers’ 29-26 overtime loss to Penn State.

“That’s not good.”

That was Ferentz, when asked about the Hawkeyes’ 41 carries for 79 yards rushing on Saturday.

“I don’t know. I don’t have a psychology degree.”

That was Claeys, when asked how an ugly hit (hold this thought, too) affected the mentality of his team during the second half Saturday.

Both coaches had awkward, hard-to-get-through post-game media availabilities. That tends to happen when teams take losses that were avoidable to teams they had a real chance to beat. At least one will have a little more fun after the game on Saturday.

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/5-things-iowa-vs-minnesota-20161003

Go Gophers!!

That is some dang fine media coverage, I must say. Research, quotes, solid writing, no apparent agenda. Refreshing.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom