The First Our Next Coach Thread

akgopher

Reaction score
Just kidding.

I'm officially annoyed with the speculation though. Primarily because the basis of most of the speculation.

The most ridiculous aspect of the conversation are the three most common unconfirmed perceptions of why Tubby would leave- December, January, February. Why didn't people attribute the departure our last superstar to leave, Mark Yudof, to climate?

Could those unconfirmed perceptions be based on ignorance?

What is equally annoying is the number of people who feel the need to post a new thread about being annoyed about the very conversation they are bringing up again.

If you are annoyed with it, move on and stop posting about it.

What is equally annoying is the number of people who feel the need to post a new thread about being annoyed about the very conversation they are bringing up again.

Over-react much?

I'm afraid that you missed my point, or it flew high above your head.

Here is a suggestion...Let's all agree to be annoyed at annoying situations. OK?

Big Play....I am a master at a topic referred to as "Abnormal Psychology", and trust me, my friend, I am a master at it. In fact....I'm NUTS!!!!!! LOL

I have kept clear of the Tubby leaving talk for the most part but it is time for me to give my 2 cents from kinda outside looking in sitution.

The reason that Gopher fans are so concerned about Tubby leaving is because they like him so much. It wouldn't be the same of there was specution about Brew leaving because he isn't as beloved. For what ever reason Minnesotans have opened up to Tubby extreamely quickly and have made him part of the Minnesota family, which rarely happens to quickly. So when ever there is talk about him leaving they get really defensive and protective. IMO it is a good thing. It shows that fans care to a level that they didn't about Munson. Another example of this woud be Tom Kelly he has part of the Minnesota family, also know Guardy is in the same position. Overall Tubby show take it as a compliment and be proud of the fact that fans care.

When Tubby was offered the position here, i think one of the big pulls for him was what Clem Haskins told him. He said that Minnesota loves its basketball and will worship you if you decide to take the position. What was one of things he was having most trouble with in Kentucky, unappreciative fans. What have we concluded? We love our basketball and we worship Tubby Smith for taking our struggling team and once again, making us a powerhouse(or close to, and we will be soon if not).

Why would he even consider taking a team that he resurrected in only a couple years and got excellent recruiting classes for(the kind that could contribute to a national championship) and decide to leave and start over again? I dont see it happening, and i know that he has been denying it left and right saying the claims are rediculous. I think these damn sports writers that keep bringing it up just got to stop and give the Gophers some love for a change. Its time to hate on the Badgers........their the new Northwestern :)

Top Bottom