The exact same Gophers

alaska

Reaction score
Nothing has changed. We post in here with this hope and idea that somehow this year will be different. It’s not. The gophers suck badly. There is not a game on the schedule that looks like a win. North Carolina is bad, real bad. It’s a joke. It’s boring to watch. The product is weak. The stands will be empty next week.

Nothing has changed. We post in here with this hope and idea that somehow this year will be different. It’s not. The gophers suck badly. There is not a game on the schedule that looks like a win. North Carolina is bad, real bad. It’s a joke. It’s boring to watch. The product is weak. The stands will be empty next week.
UNC wasn't bad. Great RB and defense. They'll suck now because of their backup qb.

I surely thought Minnesota would win this game, but, maybe next week.
still a lot of football to play.

The gophers had 120 yards after 3 quarters.

PJ can't figure out offensive football.

Nothing more and nothing less.

It's going to be a long year.

120 yards after 3 quarters is horrific.

They run bunch sets, get poor qb play, receivers get no separation, they run into a stacked box because they are daring you to throw. and on and on and on it goes.

What does PJ do well?

Last edited:

They run bunch sets, get poor qb play, receivers get no separation, they run into a stacked box because they are daring you to throw. and on and on and on it goes.

What does PJ do well?
Sloganeer?

No UNC sucks. They were bad with mini Brad Johnson and they are bad with the other QB. We are just really bad. Rutgers about to hang a 50 spot on us.
Considering they have multiple NFL players on their team, some high draft picks, they don't suck. All the scouts there last night were there for more than just Ersery.

What does PJ do well?
I think PJ actually does almost everything well except for his horrific offensive philosophy and his game day coaching. Now, those are arguably the two most important things that a head coach has to excel at. I just don’t think he has anyone around him to tell him to get his shit together. He always talks about having mentors, but does he really have any friends or other folks in his inner circle? I kind of doubt it.

What does PJ do well?
Defenses have been pretty good. For all we complain (me included) his teams have been better in conference play. Oh, and he's a snappy dresser.

2 things:

• Spencer dropped a game winning touchdown in the end zone
  • We had a holding call that probably cost us the game by backing us up 15 yards
I agree with you - but penalties kill us every game. The holding call was a back breaker but also look at the two defensive holding calls - one of which negated the fumble recovery on UNC five yard line. Two illegal formation calls on punt formation?? My issue is this… is it because we are a second tier team that we commit these penalties or is it because we are a second tier team that all these call go against us? Said differently do helmet schools not make these mistakes or just don’t have them called against them?

I agree with you - but penalties kill us every game. The holding call was a back breaker but also look at the two defensive holding calls - one of which negated the fumble recovery on UNC five yard line. Two illegal formation calls on punt formation?? My issue is this… is it because we are a second tier team that we commit these penalties or is it because we are a second tier team that all these call go against us? Said differently do helmet schools not make these mistakes or just don’t have them called against them?
we annually are one of the least penalized teams. it's one of the few things PJ does reasonably well is to avoid committing the "focus" penalties like false starts and illegal formations. Things like defensive holding are going to happen much more this year because we're going to play more 1v1/man to man with blitzing versus prior when we were much more shell/zone heavy.

I admit I want the Gophers to run the ball and throw conservative passes after the coaching staff ruined the QB again. ;)

The offensive philosophy, playing complementary football, makes every mistake crucial.

You think we’ll lose to Nevada and Rhode Island?

The boring football is what hurts for me. The Offense is tough to watch and throw in the what seems like constant illegal procedure penalties (like literally they cant even line up right) its maddening.

The Defense is fun to watch - I mean that. I like watching the Defense, they are aggressive and bring energy. Mistakes will happen but they seem to be trying to dictate play. Love it.

I think Fleck thinks he is a Offense guy - he is not.

The inability to separate by our receivers cannot be overstated. I am watching multiple games today and see other teams get guys open for easy catches. In our passing game, nothing comes easily and it has been that way since Johnson and Bateman left. Could it be that the design of pur passing game lacks imagination?

Top Bottom