The craziest thing about Iowa’s offense

Mo Ibrahim has more TDs in four games (8) than the entire Iowa offense has in six games (7).

Last edited:

Iowa scores 14.8 points a game, which is awful. But it only yields 9 points a game. In that spread, they find some victories.
Yep, their defense is good, but they have to be perfect in order for Iowa to have a chance. If they fall behind against anyone they are toast.

Yep, their defense is good, but they have to be perfect in order for Iowa to have a chance. If they fall behind against anyone they are toast.
Iowa scores 14.8 points a game, which is awful. But it only yields 9 points a game. In that spread, they find some victories.
I might add that in Iowa’s 14-15 points scored per game, Iowa’s defense and special teams make a significant contribution. Doubt their offense averages more than 10 points a game … which is unbelievably bad. You would think that Iowa’s OC would be doing a better job for his HC daddy. Of course, Iowa’s losing WR Charlie Jones to Purdue in the transfer portal might have hurt a bit, too.

They have a top 15 defense in the country. No doubt. And would likely be even better if they had some support from their offense keeping them off the field

i'm asking a question to which I have no answer:

Everyone blames Ferentz the Younger for Iowa's low-output offense.

Is it possible the Ferentz the Younger is merely following ultra-conservative instructions from Ferentz the Elder?

Maybe Ferentz the Younger secretly yearns to be set free from his father's shadow, and to light up the scoreboard.

i'm asking a question to which I have no answer:

Everyone blames Ferentz the Younger for Iowa's low-output offense.

Is it possible the Ferentz the Younger is merely following ultra-conservative instructions from Ferentz the Elder?

Maybe Ferentz the Younger secretly yearns to be set free from his father's shadow, and to light up the scoreboard.
100%
Kind of like how the 2022 Purdue offense looked like the 2021 Illinois offense even with a different coordinator

The run game may very well be as bad as the ranking indicates, but opposing defenses are likely stacking 8 or 9 in the box on nearly every single play that isn't 3rd and long. They must be daring Petras to try and beat them over the top. It can't be too easy for the OL to figure out who they're supposed to block at times.

In the last calendar year, Iowa went to the Big Ten Championship game as the 7-2 West Division champion (I'm not going to do the digging to find out exactly how many of last years wins were within the last 12 months instead of 13 months ago). Their offense is bad, but there are lots of fan bases in the country who have had a worse last 12 months than Iowa's has.

In the last calendar year, Iowa went to the Big Ten Championship game as the 7-2 West Division champion (I'm not going to do the digging to find out exactly how many of last years wins were within the last 12 months instead of 13 months ago). Their offense is bad, but there are lots of fan bases in the country who have had a worse last 12 months than Iowa's has.

Iowa is 7-7 in its last 14 games. That includes Big Ten title game and bowl game.

Top Bottom