The coolest traditions for all 18 Big Ten teams, from the Hawkeye Wave to the motorcycling Duck

MisterGopher

Reaction score

Minnesota Golden Gophers

"Ski-U-Mah!​

" Ski-U-Mah" is the ultimate rallying cry for Minnesota football. Coined in 1884, this catchy phrase blends "Ski," a Sioux word for victory, with "U-Mah" for the university. It is a spirited cheer that fires up the crowd and players alike. Whether shouted during games or sung in fight songs, "Ski-U-Mah" brings Golden Gophers fans together, celebrating their passion and pride for Minnesota athletics.

There are some iconic traditions in the Big Ten...

I hate to admit one of them, but my favorite two are:
Penn State's White Out
Wisconsin's Jump Around

There are some iconic traditions in the Big Ten...

I hate to admit one of them, but my favorite two are:
Penn State's White Out
Wisconsin's Jump Around
Jump around is a neat tradition they have over there, but our version of it was better anyway.

Jump around is a neat tradition they have over there, but our version of it was better anyway.
I agree 100%. Easily one of my favorite memories in my 15-20 years of being a season ticket holder.

The set up was great:
1) Crowd storms the field
2) PA Announcer Announces "Ladies and Gentleman, can I have your attention please?"
3) Jump Around

College football is fun.

I agree 100%. Easily one of my favorite memories in my 15-20 years of being a season ticket holder.

The set up was great:
1) Crowd storms the field
2) PA Announcer Announces "Ladies and Gentleman, can I have your attention please?"
3) Jump Around

College football is fun.
The best is the video from a fan where after the announcement you hear them say something like "Ope, no fans on the field" and then go wild after the music starts playing.

Top Bottom