The coach who (almost) never punts

Neither have I.
I am not sure I have seen a coach of a team I am invested in make such a poor in-game decision.

Mason continuing to rush two players against Philip Rivers in the Micronpc.com Bowl game is up there, but that was a far less meaningful game and had to do with Xs and Os versus a single decision.
Don't know if the Vikings are "a team you are invested in," but I'm pretty sure Brad Childress once punted in a situation where we were down one score and they ended up being able to kneel out the clock without making a first down. Also think I remember him losing two timeouts on one challenge by calling a timeout to buy time to decide whether or not to challenge, and then losing the challenge and getting docked another timeout.

Don't know if the Vikings are "a team you are invested in," but I'm pretty sure Brad Childress once punted in a situation where we were down one score and they ended up being able to kneel out the clock without making a first down. Also think I remember him losing two timeouts on one challenge by calling a timeout to buy time to decide whether or not to challenge, and then losing the challenge and getting docked another timeout.
Yes, Vikings count for me.
We need to confirm whether Chilly really punted the ball only for the other team to just kneel it out. That one may beat out punting fro WI 37 on 4th and 2.

Yes, Vikings count for me.
We need to confirm whether Chilly really punted the ball only for the other team to just kneel it out. That one may beat out punting fro WI 37 on 4th and 2.
I'll try to find it. If I recall, it was a situation where the length of the game clock multiplied by 3 was marginally less than the time on the clock, so he "should have" had some wildly insufficient amount of time to get the ball back and throw one hail mary, but his analysis didn't account for the several extra seconds that running the three kneels would take.

I think they will play St. Thomas, that should be interesting. In their first FCS game against Mich Tech, their QB's ran the ball more then the RB's and the QB's ran the ball more then passing with zero TD's.
??? What else happened while you were drunk?

Yes running your QB's 20 times a game and scoring no touchdown is going to work in the FCS. If they cannot score against Michigan Tech who is a bottom Div II school. Lets see what happens this week playing UNI, who only lost by 6 points to Iowa state. Can you say over your head.
Yeah, they were a D3 team who is playing a high-level FCS school in the first year of their transition into D1. Yep, they are in over their head but everyone knew it.

I watched the St. Thomas game against UNI and they played really hard and were somewhat competitive for most of the game. They were in over their head but everyone should (and does) expect that right now.

Top Bottom