The Bowl Season Kicks Off Today.

DL65

Reaction score
Thirty-four bowl games will be played this year. Those of us that love college football will watch many of the games, especially the BCS Championship Game, Big 10 bowls and some of the traditional bowl games. As we all know, some of the games that appear as good match ups will be dogs of games. Last year, one game stood out for excitment and suspense, IMHO, and that was the Motor City Bowl in which Purdue defeated Central Michigan in the final moments. It was a much better game than some of the more heralded games.

As I said before, the Big 10 games are the ones that I'll watch with great interest; however, this year's Poinsettia Bowl is a game that really intrigues me. Both teams, TCU and Boise State, have outstanding records and highly respected coaches that will probably be moving on to greener pastures sometime in the not too distant future. Tuesday, December 23rds game on ESPN has the makings of great game. I certainly hope I'm not disappointed.

Is there a bowl game that especially holds your interest other than the Insight Bowl, Big 10 tie-ins, or traditional bowl games?

Go Gophers!!

Georgia Tech v LSU. I have always been a sucker for a good triple offense, and Coach Johnson is one of the best. Loved him at Navy, loved him and the Yellow Jackets over the 'Dawgs last month, and look forward to watching him take down another quality SEC opponent. (I've day dreamed how great it would be to have him come up here and run that system, especially during the long dark night that was last winter coming off Brewster's glory-free career debut).

I'll be attending the prestigious New Orleans Bowl tomorrow, so that alone requires some amount of intrigue, though I do think the Troy vs. Southern Miss matchup is a good one. The one I'm looking forward to, and will make a point of seeing while in Tempe, is the Holiday Bowl. Always one of the most exciting games of the bowl season, I would love to one day see it elevated to New Year's Day status (which a playoff system and freeing up the Rose Bowl's stranglehold of the afternoon time slot could do). Oregon and Oklahoma State will put up a ton of points, and they both do it with dominant running games.

Armed Forces Bowl (Air Force vs. Houston): Excited to see the opponent who will help us open TCF!

Hawaii Bowl (UH vs. Notre Dame): UH is one of my alma maters, so I love following the Warriors! I know many college FB fans aren't fond of the way they play the game, but I love it...and I'm hoping they just absolutely put it on ND.

Top Bottom