The Axe

OldBob53

Reaction score
How did this start? Why an axe?

Iv'e always started threads asking questions?? You're tracking me? I opened an interesting line of discussion..... what is the axe made of?, how heavy is it?.. is it an inappropriate homage to violence?

I thought this was a Paul Bunyan thing. Doesn't Wisconsin have a couple of "imposter" Paul Bunyan statues in the state?

The real one is in Bemidji with Babe.

Go Gophers!

Last edited:

I thought this was a Paul Bunyan thing. Doesn't Wisconsin have a couple of "imposter" Paul Bunyan statues in the state?

The real one is in Bemidji with Babe.

Go Gophers!

I beg your pardon, the real one is in Akeley.

Gather 'round children, and I shall tell you a tale of bacon, giants, intrigue, steins...

You are obviously not a Gopher fan--every Gopher fan has personally held the Axe and had a picture taken with it in the last year at least once, most more than once.

I would love to hold the axe in my two hands, to see if the blade be made of steel and sharp... and to know if be Paul Bunyan's legitimate axe or an imposter.

I would love to hold the axe in my two hands, to see if the blade be made of steel and sharp... and to know if be Paul Bunyan's legitimate axe or an imposter.

Sharp enough to chop down Wisconsin's goal posts.

It should also be a tribute to Johnny in 'The Shining'

Who was Paul Bunyan anyway? How did he lose his axe?

So he was a real lumberjack in days of old? What about his blue ox? Who dreamt that one up... a blue ox is just weird.

I'll bet he wore Duluth Trading undershorts.

Even more confirmation that 'Old' Bob is a young kid; he doesn't get the Python references.

Top Bottom