The 231 Shirt Poll, Part 2: The Slogan

What slogan should be placed on the 231 shirts?

• 231...We'd Still Be A Section Over If We Went To Wisconsin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 231...They Made Us Sit In the Corner Because We Won’t Be Quiet

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • 231...Sitting In The Sun

• 231...Tremendous

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • 231...Grow Up!

• 231...You Wish You Could Sit Here

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • 231...Showing the students how it's done.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • 231…Gettin it Done.

• 231...A New Era Rushed In

• 231...Hottest Chili East of the Student Section.

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GopherRock

GopherHole Straw Boss
Reaction score
This is the tougher of the two, both in content and sorting.

19 slogans were submitted prior to the deadline. In order to get it down to 10, I had to make some difficult decisions.

First, ones advertising booze smuggling were removed. Do you really want every lawman in town to grab and frisk you for contraband?

Second, digs at Iowa were taken down. Don't worry, they'll be back next year when they come up here.

Of the 12 that were left, I removed my own to get a total of 10. Those are listed below, and please vote for one (1) option.

This poll will close at 10:00 AM CDT next Thursday, July 23. In the event that there is a draw at the top of the leaderboard, this allows time for a runoff.

Perhaps we could use the "Chopping Wisconsin down to size" for a Hole-wide shirt. Who knows?

First, ones advertising booze smuggling were removed. Do you really want every lawman in town to grab and frisk you for contraband?

While I applaud you for taking the initiative to get this shirt thing going, and I can appreciate your cautiousness on the issue, I really don't think security at Gopher games will be studying what's written or pictured on someone's shirt. They have a lot of other things to be worried about.

I know I may not study Brewster's wordisms, or slogans very much, but I don't get some of these. Grow Up??? Tremendous? Someone help me as to what these mean.....

Also, and maybe I'll just have to make my own shirt for this one......but I really want a shirt that says, after the slogan, very subtly at the bottom "......Oh yeah, and F*** Wisconsin!"..........maybe I will have to doctor my 231 shirt on my own for this.

I have to say that we are awesome for doing this though. 231! row 22

I am the same about Grow Up and Tremendous. Of the ones finalized, there is not too many I like.

I know I may not study Brewster's wordisms, or slogans very much, but I don't get some of these. Grow Up??? Tremendous? Someone help me as to what these mean.....

If you don't know what "Tremendous" means, you haven't been paying any attention to Tim Brewster for the past two years. He literally uses the word in EVERY SINGLE SENTENCE that he uses, regardless of what he's talking about.

Grow up...can't help you with that one. I'm guessing it has basis with the fact that 231 is right next to the student section, but I can't say for sure.

Wouldn't 231 be WEST of the student section?

If you don't know what "Tremendous" means, you haven't been paying any attention to Tim Brewster for the past two years. He literally uses the word in EVERY SINGLE SENTENCE that he uses, regardless of what he's talking about.

In that case, I'm voting for this one. You're right, besides his first media interviews when he started I haven't concentrated on watching his interviews or anything. Thanks for the info.

I would add his name to it though, to make it more understandable yet still kind of an inside joke, but it would still be funny.

"Tremendous"
-Tim Brewster

Nope...it's South and East.

The stadium runs east/west and the student section is in the closed bowl (EAST) side of the structure. South, I get. But how could you be East of the Student section which is on the far east side of the stadium?

Section 231 is not East of the Student Section. It is South and maybe a little West, but it is not East.

What I mean is that section 231 is in the Southeast corner of the stadium. It's technically SOUTH of the student section, and it's in the Southeast Corner.

What it certainly is NOT, is WEST.

TCF%20Bank%20Stadium%20Seating%20Chart.jpg

My idea when coming up with that was not technical. 231 may be more south than east. But it is not WEST at all. I was thinking along the lines of "The Best (insert product here) West/East of the Mississippi.

Thanks alltimetwinsfan for the support

At least no one has said it's NORTH of the student section.

thanks for keeping this going gopherrock...i had a tough time choosing...lots of good choices

I'm not in this section so I didn't vote but I think "Tremendous" is by far the best one.

This poll will close at 10:00 AM CDT next Thursday, July 23. In the event that there is a draw at the top of the leaderboard, this allows time for a runoff.

With this many selections available, I would move to have a run-off featuring the top three choices unless one option wins a true majority of the overall vote, which already appears unlikely. I think you'll get a nice, clear winner by trimming the fat away from this and having a run-off with the top few options.

ATTF and I were discussing it last night, and yes we will have a runoff. Probably top 3 advance, and that's why I left time for it.

Also, why don't we just change the last one (the 3rd choice in the runoff as of right now) to "231...Hottest Chili This Side Of The Student Section?"

Also, why don't we just change the last one (the 3rd choice in the runoff as of right now) to "231...Hottest Chili This Side Of The Student Section?"

I like this a lot better than "east" since 231 is not east of the student section. I'd change my vote to the hottest chili one.

tremendous

you either know or you don't know
and if you don't know you should be in 232

Programming note: Due to the fact that I will be offline all day tomorrow, I will be ending this poll early, most likely around 9 PM CDT tonight. If any of you 231ers haven't voted yet, please do so before that time.

I will be taking three slogans to the runoff. So unless one of the others makes a furious surge in the final sixteenth, I'm fairly certain which ones will be on the ballot.

Top Bottom