"That Minnesota tight end came across as all about himself...turned off by him"

die hard gopher

Reaction score
"That Minnesota tight end came across as all about himself...turned off by him"

The scoop: "That Minnesota tight end came across as all about himself from what people in our room said. They were a little turned off by him." -- NFC regional scout about Minnesota tight end Maxx Williams

The skinny: Maxx is the son of Brian Williams, who played for the New York Giants, and like many prospects who have a father who played in the league, Maxx has an abundance of confidence on the field. While we weren't in the rooms during interviews, we understand that there is a fine line between arrogance and confidence. However, almost every team would rather default to a player with ego over a player lacking confidence. We contacted one general manager to get his take and he had no problems with his interview with Williams, but he didn't think Williams' workout went as well as he expected.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...s-what-were-hearing-about-top-draft-prospects

The scoop: "That Minnesota tight end came across as all about himself from what people in our room said. They were a little turned off by him." -- NFC regional scout about Minnesota tight end Maxx Williams

The skinny: Maxx is the son of Brian Williams, who played for the New York Giants, and like many prospects who have a father who played in the league, Maxx has an abundance of confidence on the field. While we weren't in the rooms during interviews, we understand that there is a fine line between arrogance and confidence. However, almost every team would rather default to a player with ego over a player lacking confidence. We contacted one general manager to get his take and he had no problems with his interview with Williams, but he didn't think Williams' workout went as well as he expected.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...s-what-were-hearing-about-top-draft-prospects

Total bs. Maxx is awesome. Screw the dude who waxn't in the room with him during interviews.

Gronk, Shockey, Winslow, etc. All TEs with moxie and all TEs who have had nice NFL careers.

sometimes teams put negative stuff out there in hopes that someone drops to their slot in the draft

When you can do this, you're allowed to be confident in your game.

It isn't his interview that is the issue, it was the plow he was pulling while running his 40 yard dash.

If true he wouldn't be the first NFL player to be full of himself. If you can play, they'll draft you.

I didn't see this posted elsewhere (forgive me if so) - http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football...iams-most-likely-succeed-weak-tight-end-class

The 2015 prospects

Maxx Williams (Minnesota): If one guy is going to buck the trend, it's probably Williams. He has the best major-college tape of this year's tight end crop, and has adequate 4.78 wheels to attack the middle of a defense. He's 6-foot-4 and 249 pounds, which of course is very big, but it won't put him among the biggest players at the position in the NFL, and he's not a freakishly strong player, at least not yet. If his NFL coaches expect him to hop on the field on Day 1 and be a Rob Gronkowski road grader, they're going to be disappointed. And depending on his situation, that could lead to limited playing time as a rookie.

Good thing that 11 of the 14 other TEs were pulling even heavier plows.

Want to be a first rounder when you are weak at the point of attack as a TE, you better be able to outrun the coverage. Because weak, mediocre blocking and average speed does not a top 15 pick make.

Max was probably just communicating in a manner that he learned while attending the Randy Moss School of Etiquette.

Want to be a first rounder when you are weak at the point of attack as a TE, you better be able to outrun the coverage. Because weak, mediocre blocking and average speed does not a top 15 pick make.

I don't think many expected him to be a top 15 pick. What makes Maxx special is his hands, body control, and ball skills. He still has a good chance to be taken in the first round.

G1RIiOy.jpg

Attachments

• G1RIiOy.jpg
    G1RIiOy.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 30

I understand being a hater, but Gopher Warrior just appears to lack basic intelligence. I hate that he is, in any way, associated with the university that I love as he truly is Wpos (hockey slogan).

I've come to the conclusion that his ego is so big, it is impossible for him to realize when he is wrong. His hate for Kill is so great that he believes and says just about anything, regardless if it is actually true.

Shoudnt you be over on the Marquette basketball board crying about the sad state of affairs a once proud bball program is now in? That WOJO hire has you trolling other boards? I know it was a TERRIBLE hire and the worse is yet to come! So Jay Bee the Minnesota resident Marquette bball fan/Alum (Hence where the Warrior comes from) old school Marquette fans still call themselves "Warriors". Take yourself back to that cesspool of a Marquette bball message board and you and your fellow alums ante your money up and find away to buyout that HORRIBLE coach your school just hired. LOL

I've come to the conclusion that his ego is so big, it is impossible for him to realize when he is wrong. His hate for Kill is so great that he believes and says just about anything, regardless if it is actually true.

I resemble that remark

If this single unnamed "team source" who may have an agenda to spread rumors says that Maxx is all about himself then it must be true. End of discussion. He will be lucky to be drafted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you riders believe Jerry Kill and staff don't have a major role in preparing their student-athletes for dealing with others, including NFL representatives?

Do you readers believe Jerry Kill and staff don't have a major role in preparing their student-athletes for dealing with others, including NFL representatives?

GW, GH readers believe anything as long as it is based on opinion with no facts. That is displayed time and time again.

That's why you have so much support here on GopherHole. :cool:

Top Bottom