Thanksgiving Football Thread -What One Thing/Player Are U Most Grateful for and Why?

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
My go -

1981 Memorial Stadium beat The OSU 35-31 in a shootout with Jay Carrol catching 3 TDS beating future horrible sports bettor Artie Schlitter. Our Throwin Salomon only chucked it 67 times in that game. OSU was ranked in the Top10 at the time and that plus the allure of frat row with its promise of keegers, brats and co-eds hooked my Gopher Football fandom!

Your go -

Thankful that my family started going to all the games when I was a little kid. No reason for us to be fans other than the fact that we are.

I’m really thankful for the 2019 season and everyone who competed in it. The memories of that run and being there in the front row for Penn State helps me through the tough sports times we’re having right now, and acts as a reminder that better days will come

Thankful for getting to travel back to Minnesota a few times during the 2019 season and experience some great games in my person with my parents (who are in their mid-70s now).

We've been waiting to experience something like that Penn State win since they took me to the spring game in 1984 for my first Gophers' exposure!

My dad, Bill Foss. Played for the Gophers 1948 to 1951. He gave me a love for the Gophers and, more importantly, a love for the game. He was the kindest man I have ever known.

My dad, Bill Foss. Played for the Gophers 1948 to 1951. He gave me a love for the Gophers and, more importantly, a love for the game. He was the kindest man I have ever known.

Awesome post.

In honor of your pops -

He was born July 26, 1930, in Fergus Falls, MN. Mr. Foss was the son of the late Magnus and Ethel Foss. He graduated from Fergus Falls High School in 1948 and in 2001, was inducted into the Fergus Falls Sports Hall of Fame. Mr. Foss was a graduate of the University of Minnesota where he played football for the Gophers. He was also a U.S. Army veteran, retiring as a Lieutenant Colonel.

Awesome post.

In honor of your pops -

He was born July 26, 1930, in Fergus Falls, MN. Mr. Foss was the son of the late Magnus and Ethel Foss. He graduated from Fergus Falls High School in 1948 and in 2001, was inducted into the Fergus Falls Sports Hall of Fame. Mr. Foss was a graduate of the University of Minnesota where he played football for the Gophers. He was also a U.S. Army veteran, retiring as a Lieutenant Colonel.
Thank you so much NYC. Got me a bit choked up.

Awesome post.

In honor of your pops -

Great post. Grateful.

Awesome post.

In honor of your pops -

Great posts by both of you! He sounds like an amazing guy!

Mark Coyle, because he was able to get PJ Fleck to come to Minnesota. I’m 48 years old and have never seen close to a season like last year in my life. I think Fleck is far and away the best coach Minnesota Football has had in my lifetime.

Top Bottom