Texas/OU taking forever....

CP Gopher

Reaction score
I'm a little worried. This game won't be done by 2:30. It's damn near 1:00 and they're not even to halftime......Looks like I'm stuck with on Dave Lee for the first quarter.

Not so fast. for those of you in the Minnesota and Happy Valley market. they will be switching them to the start of the Minnesota game.

they may do that for other markets who getting the other games.

Wouldn't they switch over to the game since we're the primary market in the regional coverage? Not sure how this works - MN doesn't have a lot of experience playing in 2:30 ABC games.

Wouldn't they switch over to the game since we're the primary market in the regional coverage? Not sure how this works - MN doesn't have a lot of experience playing in 2:30 ABC games.

Yes they will. i seem to remember maybe 2 or 3 years ago. we play at Happy Valley at 2:30 on ABC. the game play before us was Texas vs Oklahoma i believe and they did switch us over to the start of our game.

I'm in Duluth, where only about 12 of us follow the Gophers......I have a feeling we won't get the switch.

You could watch the game online if you have Comcast on ESPN.com but I'm from the Twin Ports and know that only crappy Charter is the only cable provider.

I just tweeted about this very topic ... thanks for the info. ... although do we then not get to see the Okla-Tex. ending? I'd like to be able to work the remote, especially since it looks like Okla-Tex. could come down to the final few min.

There are multiple ABC regional games and the one you're not seeing on ABC is aired on ESPN so maybe they will start the game on ESPN and then switch over?

I just tweeted about this very topic ... thanks for the info. ... although do we then not get to see the Okla-Tex. ending? I'd like to be able to work the remote, especially since it looks like Okla-Tex. could come down to the final few min.

If the 2nd half is as bad as the 1st half, I don't know if I want to watch the ending. That was brutal!

Thanks Son of Badger! I forgot about it being on ESPN360. I don't know for sure if they'll switch it over to our game down here in suckeye land so I at least have that.

There are multiple ABC regional games and the one you're not seeing on ABC is aired on ESPN so maybe they will start the game on ESPN and then switch over?

If you live in Big Ten Country. then you will be blackout of the espn channel as that is the channel the game is on outside the big ten country area.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the texas/sooner game taking a very long time. I am sue that abc will switch people in the local markets over for the start of the game regardless of this games score.

This is what will happen at 2:30 pm central.

ESPN - Minnesota-Penn State
ESPN 2 - Texas Tech-Nebraska
ESPN Classic - NC State-Boston College
All games start at 3:28 PM ET.

Right now my ESPN is blacked out. This is Duluth, so it's not surprising.
Many years ago, when the sonn-to-be-conference champ Gophers played Indiana at the Barn in a key Big Ten game on a Sunday afternoon, the local ABC affiliate instead chose to air a local bowling tournament.

Yes, gophersfan, that is the way it was explained on ESPN. I then assume at the end of OK/TX game that CBS will pick up the game in progress. Thanks for verifying what I heard.
But then again, I don't know a damned thing.

Top Bottom