TEs next year

dylan64

Reaction score
As I was looking through the roster recently, it looks like we're going to be pretty thin at TE next year. Anyone hear anything about people moving over to TE. With Hageman moving over to DE it seems like our best bets would probably be KGM or Rengel to go along with Lair? Any insider info?

I hope Hageman and KGM (and Garin!) all stay at DE - we need athletes at those spots. We can find a TE (I'd think Rengel would be fine).

Weber.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Where's Moses when you need him? :)

Why not try Ryan Grant here

He played QB in high school and seems to learn other positions well. Why not give him a chance at TE?

If Hageman can catch the ball he plays TE, if not, DE. We've got to be able to move the chains next year with a relatively young defense. I'd like to see Brewster truly implement his "Pound the Rock" offensive philosophy with Hageman lined up next to Olson or Michel at OT and Lamonte Edwards hitting the off tackle hole for 4 or 5 yards on 1st down. I know the consensus on this board is to have Hageman and Edwards on D but we have to be able to move the ball and score points.

If Hageman can catch the ball he plays TE, if not, DE. We've got to be able to move the chains next year with a relatively young defense. I'd like to see Brewster truly implement his "Pound the Rock" offensive philosophy with Hageman lined up next to Olson or Michel at OT and Lamonte Edwards hitting the off tackle hole for 4 or 5 yards on 1st down. I know the consensus on this board is to have Hageman and Edwards on D but we have to be able to move the ball and score points.

You want to move the ball and score points and you are putting your hopes on 2 Minnesota kids?
Minnesota skill position kids are not that good. (few exceptions, Floyd, Fitzgerald, MBIII)

i'm pretty sure that KGM will be on the defensive line.

i wouldn't mind seeing what rengell could do. i read somewhere that he has soft hands and can run very well.

edwards

Norseland, I agree with you. I was watching some more highlights of edwards on youtube and he looks like a beast. I hope they give him a shot at rb. Esp. if huff actually ends up decommitting.

I think the Gophers are fine at LB, the need for a big bruising back is much greater, I fully expect Edwards to be given a shot at RB first. As for TE, I'm hoping that Eric Lair can really step up his game.

KGM, Hageman, and Garin are all seen as key parts of the defense for the next few years. KGM and Hageman are probably both upgrades from the current TEs, but they are even better on defense. KGM played some receiver/TE in HS and Hageman played TE. Both have good hands and KGM has the speed, but I hear that both like Tim Cross and want to stay on D-line.

Garin is probably going to need to gain weight or he might end up at LB. With Hageman at 285 (probably becoming a DT) and KGM at 250 (looking like a smaller/faster DE), Garin is undersized for D-line at 230. Word is that KGM and Hageman both look VERY good. Would be great to see all three of these guys emerge and play at the same time. D-line could be a key re-building piece.

Top Bottom