terrible coached game

walleyeking

Reaction score
WAY to many mistakes by the players. Not catching MULTIPLE punts in the air, ect. Team was not prepared. I also hope we have something better than Leidner. He CONTINUES to make the SAME mistakes over and over and over again. I would rather watch somebody with more talent that can make a big play if he makes the same mistakes as Leidner. It almost seemed the staff was trying to get Strevler in the game but he kept getting popped. I will continue to support Gopher football but I don't like to watch mental mistake football. I think they will get it figured out and hopefully soon.

WAY to many mistakes by the players. Not catching MULTIPLE punts in the air, ect. Team was not prepared. I also hope we have something better than Leidner. He CONTINUES to make the SAME mistakes over and over and over again. I would rather watch somebody with more talent that can make a big play if he makes the same mistakes as Leidner. It almost seemed the staff was trying to get Strevler in the game but he kept getting popped. I will continue to support Gopher football but I don't like to watch mental mistake football. I think they will get it figured out and hopefully soon.

Nothing very original in play-calling, Mitch rushed a lot, only one effective running back (pray for no injuries). Limey needs to get back to the 2013 Nebraska game outlook.

Yeah the U needs this kind of support. Don't bother.

Ya ..... are u saying that the U has so much fan support that the die hard fans that call it like they see it shouldn't support the team? I am sorry that I hurt your feelings by telling the truth! 2015 society!!!!! Grow up.

Nothing very original in play-calling, Mitch rushed a lot, only one effective running back (pray for no injuries). Limey needs to get back to the 2013 Nebraska game outlook.

I've said it before on here, but the Nebraska 2013 game, he wasn't handcuffed by Kill and was allowed to call his own game and kept
the offense balanced, unpredictable and utilized a lot of our speed and athletic players to make plays, oh, and ran the jet sweep, A LOT,
to great success. The play that hits 7-15 yards a pop, but they haven't ran once yet in two games. Why??

I've said it before on here, but the Nebraska 2013 game, he wasn't handcuffed by Kill and was allowed to call his own game and kept
the offense balanced, unpredictable and utilized a lot of our speed and athletic players to make plays, oh, and ran the jet sweep, A LOT,
to great success. The play that hits 7-15 yards a pop, but they haven't ran once yet in two games. Why??

The jet sweep doesn't work against every defense. If it did we would see it all the time by every team across college football. It works against some schemes and doesn't against others (like our defensive scheme, which is why we never see teams try to run it).

The jet sweep doesn't work against every defense. If it did we would see it all the time by every team across college football. It works against some schemes and doesn't against others (like our defensive scheme, which is why we never see teams try to run it).

I would agree against TCU the jet sweep wouldn't work but come on CSU is no where comparable to most B1G Ten teams in terms of defensive speed. We don't even fake it to at least make the D have some defenders move with the man in motion

I would agree against TCU the jet sweep wouldn't work but come on CSU is no where comparable to most B1G Ten teams in terms of defensive speed. We don't even fake it to at least make the D have some defenders move with the man in motion

What if Jones and Gentry are the guys we hope to run it with?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They made lots of mistakes.

Your grammar is on par with the Gopher offense.

I am not sure that either of those punts that were not caught were even playable, the second one for sure was not playable. They were low, end over end punts that James had to streak forward to make a very dangerous play on, at least that was how I saw them.

I am not sure that either of those punts that were not caught were even playable, the second one for sure was not playable. They were low, end over end punts that James had to streak forward to make a very dangerous play on, at least that was how I saw them.

i agree, those punts can be a turnover waiting to happen. just let them go.

This. Limey CAN call a great game, but man he lays a lot of stinkers in his path. He needs to create more medium pass routes, IMO.

I defend the play calling a lot but I will admit it can be frustrating at times. One time that sticks out to me was after we scored the TD with ease early in the 2nd half. Then on the next possession, we go three runs up the middle, two of which were with Streveler in the game. Why, after we looked so good the possession before, would you change things up and put in a different QB? You do that to shake things up when it isn't going too well.

What about the Iowa game last year (2014)? Would you say Limey called a game where the offense was balanced, unpredictable, utilized our speed with A LOT of jet sweeps to great success? Here are the stat lines from the nebraska game (2013) and the iowa game last year, without going back and looking can you tell which game Limey was "handcuffed by kill"?

Game 1: Pass 17 attempts 159 yards, Rush 54 for 271 yards Total 430
Game 2: Pass 14 attempts 138 yards, Rush 59 for 291 yards Total 429

Not sure how you can continue to blame Limey's calls on being handcuffed by kill when you look at those two games. Also I'm sure they have a reason for why they haven't run any jet sweeps but some of the reasons could be:
1. The player/s they want to run it with are hurt (Jones)
2. The defenses were set up to stop it (doubt it would have worked against TCU, once or twice I thought maybe it would have worked against CSU)
3. They are saving some plays for the conference schedule (know it wouldn't work against TCU and thinking they wouldn't need it against CSU)

Thanks for coming. Sorry to see you go. Have fun following whichever team you choose that doesn't make mistakes. It was a frustrating, excruciating game, but I see a well-coached team that is improving in talent dramatically in the last couple of years.

Does anyone recall the fact that CSU had a new coaching staff? I thought our guys figured it out fairly well and, unlike several teams that were upset, we escaped with a W. I think every unit, including the coaching staff, would like the luxury of hind-sight to make plays/decisions.

i agree, those punts can be a turnover waiting to happen. just let them go.

OK I know what your saying there. He maybe could've caught the after the 1st big bounce. What about the fair catch punt return for a TD? What about the 4th quater fair catch when no defender was within 15 yards?

Thanks for coming. Sorry to see you go. Have fun following whichever team you choose that doesn't make mistakes. It was a frustrating, excruciating game, but I see a well-coached team that is improving in talent dramatically in the last couple of years.

Does anyone recall the fact that CSU had a new coaching staff? I thought our guys figured it out fairly well and, unlike several teams that were upset, we escaped with a W. I think every unit, including the coaching staff, would like the luxury of hind-sight to make plays/decisions.

Rewatch the game and try to say what you just said?

as a whole the team may have improved but during this game it was not dramatically improved and in many aspects regressed significantly

but a "W" is a "W" but during the bigten season if this is what we get from the team we will not get to 6 wins

On the punts: those were impossible to field.

We needed to put more pressure on the kicker. We were setting up a return all the way and the punter repeatedly abused us.

The fault is on the rush, not the returner.

On the punts: those were impossible to field.

We needed to put more pressure on the kicker. We were setting up a return all the way and the punter repeatedly abused us.

The fault is on the rush, not the returner.

Yes. James made some mistakes today but those low liners are incredibly tough to catch. We needed to adjust and not let the punter roll all the way out and take his time. Should've overloaded that side with our rush.

Top Bottom