Votes: 17 34.7%

Votes: 14 28.6%

Votes: 12 24.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BuckBravo

Reaction score
Of Bryce McNeal, Michael Carter, Sheldon Richardson, Ronnie Wingo, and Taylor Lewan how many commits do you think Minnesota will get on television at the Army All American game and the Under Armour All Star game?

we will get 4 television commits at the all star games. Carter, McNeal, Lewhan, Richardson.

It says we haven't offered Wingo (on Scout), how can he have Medium interest in us if we don't have an offer extended?? Which website, Rivals or Scout, do most of you think is more reliable?

Rivals is more reliable. I doubt brewster would neglect to extend an offer to a top 100 player. And we will get 4. Carter, McNeal, Richardson, and Lewan. I hope that we can pull off Ronnie Wingo as well though.

Richardson

Believe me, I want Richardson bad!!! However, he won't commit to Minnesota at the Army AA game. He has previously said that he is not announcing his final decision on LOI signing day. I think ESPN may be giving him a few minutes of national air time.

Hitting the kool-aid a bit hard this morning, boys?

I'd love to get these commits as much as the next guy...but you are talking about Richardson as if he is locked up! He even said in his interview that MN was mostly a courtesy visit.

If we even got one of these guys I would be elated. I think Lewan is our best chance, followed by McNeal. Carter is a distant third, while Richardson and Wingo are pipe dreams.

I hope I have to eat my words!

Kool Aid?

Five would be program-changing, but three would still be great. Five (although unlikely) would lead to many people drinking this:

Attachments

• gopherkoolaid1.jpg
    gopherkoolaid1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 23

I'd love to get these commits as much as the next guy...but you are talking about Richardson as if he is locked up! He even said in his interview that MN was mostly a courtesy visit.

If we even got one of these guys I would be elated. I think Lewan is our best chance, followed by McNeal. Carter is a distant third, while Richardson and Wingo are pipe dreams.

Hate to say it, but I have to agree! Unless Richardson is trying to hide his intentions, I doubt MN has much of a chance wit

One

Either McNeal or Lewan...I don't see both.

The Iowa loss hurt.

I thought McNeal was ours as soon as he decommitted...and our odds increased on Lewan with the Davis hiring, but I still don't see more than one.

Ringo and Richardson - I don't see it and nothing I have read from Carter has given me any hope.

Lewan and Carter are locks, McNeal is Likely. Richardson is 50/50 and Wingo no chance

Lewan and Carter are locks, McNeal is Likely. Richardson is 50/50 and Wingo no chance

Well, if you're right we're going to have a bunch of Gopher fans doing cartwheels. These guys are all solid and would help send this program skyrocketing forward into the new stadium.

Lotta optomism here. I said 2. I think we will get Lewan and either McNeal or Carter. If we get Richardson I will be doing backflips. If we get Wingo we might have to investigate Brew.

I only say Richardson is 50/50 because I think if he does not stick with Missouri, Minnesota is where he will land. Lewan is a Gopher at heart, Carter will be here unless he really wants to stay at home. McNeal was as good as golden when he decommitted from DickRod. We are barely a blip on Wingo's radar

In terms of percentages I say our chances are...

Lewan.....50.9%
Mcneal.....45.8%
Carter.....43.2%
Richardson.....35.7%
Wingo.....2.3%

probably spot on.

For arguement's sake, Carter might not be that distant of a chance, and I might slide that above the chances for McNeal. McNeal looks like he is doing anything to escape this city, which isn't that unusual for any teen who didn't grow up heads-over-heals for the hometown team. I certainly hit the rails and ended up in the Cities when I was 17, though my DIII talent wasn't quite as in demand. McNeal is looking to make a splash, and if OU wins the glassball I'd be suprised if he didn't jump on the 'sooner schooner. If Carter makes it past this weekends visit to the Swamp, I would put it at 40% he is ours at the Army game, but that is one heck of a program to be going against.

picture.php

One thing to consider with Oklahoma though is that if Bradford goes pro, who is gonna get McNeal the ball? WRs love a solid QB, what happens if Bradford is no longer there?

I am guessing Lewan and Carter for sure, and a 50% chance of getting McNeal. I don't know if McNeal will commit to the U, but I am assuming from all I've heard and read that Lewan will commit for sure and Carter seems to be a big gopher lean. Otherwise, we have a very slim chance at Richardson and I'd say a 0% chance of getting Wingo. Hopefully, though, they will surprise everyone but I am not going to hold my breath for anything.

what are people reading that they think Carter will sign here. from the little i have read it doesn't sound that way. the last article he said he sees himself being a guy who could come into FL and be a starter in his first or second year. but then again, i must admit i don't read many of those articles, so I am likely missing a lot of other stuff????? Also, has there been any new stuff on Lewan, I know his old man went here and he came to the camps, but he did have to sit through the Iowa game, I know if I were a recruit of his stature I may be swayed away (i know, i know, it just means quicker playing time, yada yada yada....... but i would think that it really hurt?). hopefully we get these two studs!!!!!

what are people reading that they think Carter will sign here. from the little i have read it doesn't sound that way. the last article he said he sees himself being a guy who could come into FL and be a starter in his first or second year. but then again, i must admit i don't read many of those articles, so I am likely missing a lot of other stuff????? Also, has there been any new stuff on Lewan, I know his old man went here and he came to the camps, but he did have to sit through the Iowa game, I know if I were a recruit of his stature I may be swayed away (i know, i know, it just means quicker playing time, yada yada yada....... but i would think that it really hurt?). hopefully we get these two studs!!!!!

Games like the Iowa game happen. Brew recovered from them last year to obtain and very impressive recruiting class and will probably do the same this year.
As for Carter, though I have my doubts about him coming to MN, though it would be great, I will say that playing for MN, especially with Roof as DC, is no hindrance to being in the NFL. Ask his cousin, along with Barber, Maroney and a few others like Reid.

But just one

Well, if you're right we're going to have a bunch of Gopher fans doing cartwheels. These guys are all solid and would help send this program skyrocketing forward into the new stadium.

I think one cartwheel is all I can pull off. And it will be pretty funny looking at that.

Science?

In terms of percentages I say our chances are...

Lewan.....50.9%
Mcneal.....45.8%
Carter.....43.2%
Richardson.....35.7%
Wingo.....2.3%

Very scientific...I didn't know your arse doubled as a calculater.

We get one and we should consider ourselves lucky...a great showing in the bowl game could help.

The wins and losses don't affect recruiting much. Obviously we want to win the bowl game but it is not critical. These recruits know Brew has this program on the verge of becoming a power and they want to be part of it. If we won 2 games or 12 games it does not make much of a difference. Big time players want to come here. 4 years from now and we win 2 games then we have problems.

At this time last year I wonder what % people would have given us getting Gray. I figure we stand a good chance of getting at least 3 of these guys. I think once again Brewster has something extra up his sleeve.

ok, I've now changed my vote to 1, and thats being optimistic (Lewan gone, Carter after a FL visit and possible silent verbal, McNeal probably wanting to leave state, and just really not having much of a chance to get Richardson). But hopefully my instincts are wrong about one of them. I'm sure there are other impact guys that we will be bringing in regardless!!!

Remaining Hopeful at one

I really thought Lewan was our best bet...now it all rides on McNeal or some unknown or maybe Brewster can pull a miracle and get Carter to change his silent last minute.

But seriously, do we really think we have any chance at Richardson?

McNeal or bust...I am hopeful at one.

Top Bottom