Television Audience Perspective

Swede

Reaction score
From a home-viewing fan's standpoint, the stadium was not only aesthetically pleasing on the eyes (tremendous!), but on the ears as well. You could hear the band, you could hear the crowd, you could feel the atmosphere through the television set. Big 10 network did a good job, stadium planners did an even better job. Much better than that atmosphere blackhole, the HHH Metrodome.

It felt like I was watching a real College Football game.......

Everything looked and sounded wonderful, I wish I could have been there!

I wouldn't give the BTN announcers too much credit. They kept saying how the stadium ran north and south. But for a bunch of small time amatuers-what the hell, we won.

It was amazing, loved everyminute of it. Sound wasnt as loud as I expected it but it was still pretty loud.

Im glad you can hear the band on TV, but in the student section, we really could only barely hear (or see) the band. Kinda sucked.... my sis is a trumpet. Perhaps some microphones or something are in order.

Stadium seemed really, really loud at times. Triplett's return seemed to be the loudest moment of the night by far on TV. I think this compared with some of the games in the dome that were full and that says something as it's easier to sound loud indoors.

The stadium looked amazing, and their were a few shots of the skyline that looked liked postcards they were so impressive.

The opening interview with Mr.Maresh was amazing. From a selfish point of view, I couldn't imagine a prospective recruits parents seeing that interview and not badly wanting their son to play for Tim Brewster.

The camera guy fell asleep several times. He was all over the place.

i think its tough to tell how truely loud it was when you are right in the middle of it. i just got home and watch it on DVR and the noise was crackling on the TV, but I was curious how loud it actually was when i was there (thought it was really loud, but couldn't tell)

Would be interesting...

to hear from the likes of Weber, Decker, Campbell, etc....or even an AF fan...on what they heard.

To me the loudest came through on the Rouser M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A cheer...there were a couple of times that really seemed to be more than just elevated, directed crowd noise.

Go Gophers! Enjoy the win!

To me the loudest came through on the Rouser M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A cheer...there were a couple of times that really seemed to be more than just elevated, directed crowd noise.

Go Gophers! Enjoy the win!

I agree. Those were the only times where I thought "Holy crap, is it really loud in here."

I thought the lighting on the field was 100X better than the dome both in person and on the tv broadcast. The HDTV broadcast looked phenomenal.

Top Bottom